Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

single gt35 on stock ls1?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 09:00 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes the calculators are still off. The difference between an efficient unit and one not so efficient can be a large margin.

On a log we have for a customer....he was running a 408 with a 70mm unit and then switching to an 80mm, the IAT dropped from 197 at 15psi, to 127 at 15psi. Nothing else changed within the setup.

JZ

Originally Posted by 2000zrocks
man you guys are full of yourselves. right away you gotta talk to my like im a dumb kid.
notice how at 35 psi a pr of something like 3.4 its to the north of the map. thats all im getting at. if you were going to choose a turbo for this application from the map would this be it? probably not but it works. how much heat do you think is generated by a turbo still not in the eff. range at 35psi versus 9. I AM NOT TRYING TO CONVIENCE YOU.
also 2 things 1 i seem to remember a turbo kit a few years ago for either the ls1 or the lt1 (i cant remember) that came with a 60-1 which is real close to the gt35. i saw this in gmhp. 2 go to turbofast.com.au and go to calculators go to turbo match enter 5700cc, 8lbs, max rpm 6000, intercooled and 1 turbo. it recomends a gt30. with airflow ppm at 53 with bhp at 580. interesting. im not taking this as im right your wrong, so dont get all defensive. am i stuck on peak flow numbers?
Old 11-08-2005, 10:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

ya know what. go ahead and run the turbo from the mitsu. that is why we have sponsors on this board for. why did I say that you ask. well pretty soon you will be needing all kinds of parts once you start needlessly destroying your motor. so what are you going to be using for the hot parts, and for the manifolds as well. or are you going to use parts from 2 mitsu's to make it work. just that there are guys that have given there input; are highly known and respected through the country as the best of the best in forced induction technology. so run the turbo. and let us know how it turns out.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:29 AM
TECH Regular

They speak to you like you are a dumb kid because you are proving it in every post. Spend a couple of bucks and buy a T70 or 67 or something else that would actually work and be happy. Have you ever tried to push a round peg into a square hole and just said " I know if I push hard enough it will fit" I kind of figured! Have a nice day!
Wolfee
PS
No where near as knowledgable as Harlan or Jose.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

oh and another thing if you want I have a stock airbox for you that will flow air at any speed you are driving even though it is less efficient than an aftermarket one. it will still flow air right? so to add to that point. why would you want to add somthing that will be at half as efficient as other equipment that has been specifically designed, by engineers mind you, to work with your application.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:26 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1FST99Z
ya know what. go ahead and run the turbo from the mitsu. that is why we have sponsors on this board for. why did I say that you ask. well pretty soon you will be needing all kinds of parts once you start needlessly destroying your motor. so what are you going to be using for the hot parts, and for the manifolds as well. or are you going to use parts from 2 mitsu's to make it work. just that there are guys that have given there input; are highly known and respected through the country as the best of the best in forced induction technology. so run the turbo. and let us know how it turns out.
it is not a mitsubishi turbo, you make it sound as if im going to take a stock turbo of a 4cyl and make it work on my car. this is not a bolt on dsm turbo. i want to do a setup like that guy with the gt42, with 6.0 turck manifolds. only using a t4 gt35. i agree that if i go to a better matched turbo it will make more power at lower boost have lower temps I understand all of this. im not saying what you guys are sayin is wrong. i believe that this turbo is capable of 500hp on my car. i know its not the best i get it. hopefully by spring ill have it running and ill post results. if it doesnt work ill ask you which turbo i should use.
im not arguing because i think you guys are full of ****( well some of you are) but only because you assume i know nothing because i asked.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:32 PM
11 Second Club

oh and another thing if you want I have a stock airbox for you that will flow air at any speed you are driving even though it is less efficient than an aftermarket one. it will still flow air right? so to add to that point. why would you want to add somthing that will be at half as efficient as other equipment that has been specifically designed, by engineers mind you, to work with your application.
what equipment are you talking about? air boxes flow more air because they physicaly can not because they are more efficient.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:32 AM
TECH Regular

Just thought I would bring this post back form the dead just in case anyone decides to try a combo like this. I personally know the owner of this car, and have seen it run flawlessly for several years now with the gt35. We all agree that the turbo is far from optimal for his combo and would run out of steam towards the upper rpms/ boost level, but like the origonal poster had presumed, the turbo actually worked fairly well on his combo. The car runs 10.8's on a completely stock engine, at roughly 8- 10 psi.

Quick Reply: single gt35 on stock ls1?