Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Help! After larger injectors my car is running lean

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 10:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! After larger injectors my car is running lean

I recently got my car back from a performance shop.I upgraded my P1SC from #4 to #8, man what a difference. The Tune was done through LS1edit. Well right when i pulled into the parking lot at work today i get the SES light. I was really worried so i took the car back home on a break and pulled the codes with my predator and it was 171 & 174 Fuel trim banks 1 & 2 are too lean. So i parked the SS and took my honda back to work, now when i get home i checked the LT Banks 1 & 2 and they are at 25% and ST banks 1 & 2 are at 0%.
now after viewing the realtime data for about 5mins the light went out. My A/F is at 12.6-12.8, why would i be getting this code?
Also when i start the car it will idle at 700-800rpms then surge to 1k then drop back down again to 700-800rpms. it also will do this every time the transmission downshifts back to first(when i slow down or come to a complete stop). is this normal with the #40 injectors?
Someone one a forum mentioned about this is because of ATI's push through MAF setup, but i cant find any info on this.
Before i got the car back i talked to the mechanic and they were having issues with the car surging and they thought it was a vacum leak at first but they couldnt find one. Come to find out the O2 sensors were toast so they replaced them.
Any ideas on how i can correct this? I dont have Autotap or LS1edit.
Old 03-20-2003, 12:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Help! After larger injectors my car is running lean

Sounds like the car needs to be re-tuned...that A/F looks a little lean to me on 8# of boost.

You need to add more fuel in at part-throttle, the LTRIMs are telling you that the the car is adding the maximum enrichment possibel at part-throttle in an attempt to compensate.

What you should do is keep dumping in fuel at part-throttle (if you had LS1Edit I could guide you hear) until you get your LTRIMs slightly negative and then re-tune WOT and shoot for a 12:1 A/F, dropping to 11.7 near torque peak of the motor.

Scott

Quick Reply: Help! After larger injectors my car is running lean