Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharger being loud???

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 12:34 PM
Restricted User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very true, but not to sure or trust what they say ,
The guy said that Procharger does not care how the head units go out , noisy -loud, you get waht you get ,
and that you have to ask them to make a quiet unit.
I have talked to others and they said that all prochargers are loud,
But i did hear one last year at Atco NJ Raceway , and it was a F1-ch procharger , it was very quiet and made no noise.
me and a few friends was so shocked this was the first procharger that was quiet .
Old 11-25-2005, 12:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 112 Likes on 74 Posts

lol screw the supercharger, there is really no point in supercharging anymore unless ur talking about the kenne-bell or the huge 3.3liter whipple (both are screw/roots type blowers) and they dont lagg like centrifugal type chargers like the procharger. now for the same amount of money within $1000 dollars you can have a turbo kit which will undoubtedly put down more hp/tq at any rpm range then a blower will at the same Psi, plus the turbo will have significantly more torque then the blower from 3,000 rpm up. and the best part they are really quiet, way more silent then any blower i've ever heard. if i were you i'd just stick with an Sts rear mount for the $ savings or go with a stenod or other comparable single turbo on the market. turbo's are the better choice
Old 11-25-2005, 12:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol screw the supercharger, there is really no point in supercharging anymore unless ur talking about the kenne-bell or the huge 3.3liter whipple (both are screw/roots type blowers) and they dont lagg like centrifugal type chargers like the procharger
LAGG?!? Prochargers dont lag at all. I have 15lbs less than a second after I mash the throttle.
Old 11-25-2005, 12:48 PM
Restricted User

maybe but with the STS i will lose my stock Duel duel SLP exhaust , and i dont like the piping hanging under the car,
The front mount turbo kits, well i dont want any excessive heat under the hood,

supercharger is more for me
Old 11-25-2005, 10:51 PM
Restricted User

Hi Crzytrn
what size pulleys are you running to make 15 PSI

do u have the SDCE 8 rib spring tensioner kit ?
Old 11-25-2005, 11:45 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by CRZYTRN-92Z28
LAGG?!? Prochargers dont lag at all. I have 15lbs less than a second after I mash the throttle.
My F1 has lag too. I can live with it.

Old 11-26-2005, 10:37 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Lawnboy
the Lucus addtive is my idea, and i think adding only a once or so will quiet up the gears somewhat, The lucus is made for better lubication for gears and this oil additve helps prevent gear wear by keeping oil on the gears. this might cause a better cushing effect between the two drive gears inside the supercharger,
I dont mind a little whine , but some cars i heard with a p1ch or d1sc was very loud, This is not what i want.
i have FLP long lubes with there Y pipe running into my stock duel-duel SLP exhaust , so the car has a nice smooth sound to it .
A loud D1 would spoil it .
Well that thing will probably grenade if put anything other than the ATI oil they tell you to use! Like someone has already said that would be very ballsy.

My car is loud at idle but by 1500 rpms you cannot even tell it is S/Ced. I once raced this guy from a roll and he thought my car was all motor until we pulled over to talk afterwards. I don't see how it is going to ruin your exhaust note! My exhaust sounds just fine and you can barely hear the whine if you're behind the car. The exhaust drowns the whine out. I have Mac headers and Corsa exhaust with an ORY.

If it bothers you that much move to a Vortech. They can be a lot more stealthy. They also make great power too!
Old 11-26-2005, 10:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Why does everyone with centrifugal superchargers think they have no lag lately? ALL Fi has it... especially centri blowers

On topic, I can't see in any way a Procharger being too loud. I think they can be louder. Of the few I've heard, they're just fine (could be louder), but the whine could be WAY nicer. Like someone said, nothing like a roots.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by CRZYTRN-92Z28
Sure... at what RPM again?

Ahhh...
Old 12-12-2005, 12:45 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NoMoreLS1
My F1 has lag too. I can live with it.

we are not worthy

Quick Reply: Procharger being loud???