Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

W2W Tecstar Rotrex?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 12:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default W2W Tecstar Rotrex?

Can somebody give me information about the new rotrex supercharger?
I am searching for specs and photo's.

The Board of Antonov plc is pleased to announce that it has today launched its Antonov Mechanical Module (“AMM”) two-speed supercharger at the eighteenth Performance Racing Trade Show in Orlando, Florida.

http://www.rotrex.eu.com/files/RotrexSBCview.jpg

http://www.antonov-transmission.com/

http://www.antonov-clubsite.nl/

http://members.lycos.nl/magpie69/Antonovpatents.htm

http://www.antonovforum.com/

Thanks
Old 12-08-2005, 12:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i talked to W2W at PRI.

the low down.

non-gear drive (ball bearing) small blowers. twin blowers are capable of 900 hp. 500 hp is no problem on the non intercooled single for the trucks. capable of 90K blower rpm due to no gears and better oiling. extremely quiet.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It isn't the most intimidating looking setup but I would like to see what kind of rwhp it puts down in an fbod. (if it can fit)
Old 12-08-2005, 02:15 PM
FormerVendor

Oh it can fit it is about half the size of a procharger.

Nate
Old 12-08-2005, 03:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you go to our website it will answer most questions. W2Wpowertrain.com

Kurt
Old 12-08-2005, 10:54 PM
On The Tree

heard its a blower with a turbo wheel and has NO lag..
Old 12-09-2005, 06:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah, i have seen one fitted to a kit car with a 1300cc Busa' engine in it! made 300bhp at the rear wheels!!! very compact and effecent (because of the higher speeds, similar to turbo speeds i think).

also because of the significant size difrence between them and say a ProCharger, the fit posabilites are much grater, and you might even beable to fit two in there!

also the AMZING koenigsegg CCR uses two of them!

thanks Chris.

PS loadsof info on the W2W site!
Old 12-09-2005, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Here is a link for you Kurt, and congrats on the SEMA award!

http://www.w2wpowertrain.com/t-techRotrex-2.aspx
Old 12-09-2005, 11:40 AM
TECH Junkie

The award was great and unexpected. Always nice when GM likes your products!!
Thanks for the link.

Kurt
Originally Posted by Reckless
Here is a link for you Kurt, and congrats on the SEMA award!

Old 12-09-2005, 11:41 AM
Teching In

The only information about the Antonov step up drive is on page 21 of the
powerpoint file.

The available chargers don't have the Antonov step up drive.

Old 12-09-2005, 01:23 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Steven

At this time we have yet to receive any of the step up units. I believe we will not see them until the first of the year nor have I received pertaining information to add to our website as in trim levels of the supercharger and such.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:17 AM
Teching In

Thanks Kevin,

I understand that there was no step up drive on the performance trading show in Orlando?

So the info in the Antonov press release isn't correct?

http://www.antonov-transmission.com/press_248.htm

The Board of Antonov plc is pleased to announce that it has today launched its Antonov Mechanical Module (“AMM”) two-speed supercharger at the eighteenth Performance Racing Trade Show in Orlando, Florida.

The first of these supercharger units is now ready for shipment. In addition to those units retained by the Company for its own on-going in-vehicle testing, the first batch will include deliveries to its distribution partner, Wheel-to-Wheel Tecstar. This will support Wheel-to-Wheel Tecstar’s preparation of revised installation kits for various vehicles within the significant US tuner market, as previously announced. Additional units are being supplied on schedule to Rotrex A/S to enable them to continue their supercharger development and in order to complete the build of two demonstrator vehicles for press and client demonstration.

The remainder of this initial batch of superchargers will be used to satisfy the requests received by the Company from eight different vehicle manufacturers and Tier 1 suppliers to purchase units for evaluation purposes.

The eighteenth Performance Racing Trade show is being held in Orlando, Florida, between 1 and 3 December 2005. This is premier show in the USA for new technology for the 2006 racing season, with 1,400 exhibitors displaying in 1,000,000 square feet of hall.

Antonov will be there with its partners Rotrex A/S and Wheel-to-Wheel Tecstar.
Old 12-10-2005, 01:08 PM
11 Second Club

How is it priced in comparison to other F/I setups, I see the price of the head unit itself, but what other associated costs will there be.. My goal is only 500rwhp right now as it's a stock bottomend.

Peace,
Josh
Old 12-10-2005, 01:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 427
If you go to our website it will answer most questions. W2Wpowertrain.com

Kurt
I looked on your site, but couldn't find what kind of numbers (hp/tq)I can expect from the tuner kit. Can you give me a ballpark? The price you quoted on the site... $3699 I believe... is that the complete kit, or are there other pieces/parts I'll need to make this thing run right?
Old 12-10-2005, 01:58 PM
TECH Junkie

We had the Antonov unit at SEMA and PRI. It was a cut-away unit so you could show people how they work. We also have a working prototype here for testing.
I am told the production unit will be available in the first quarter of 06.

Kurt
Originally Posted by stevenpasmans
Thanks Kevin,

I understand that there was no step up drive on the performance trading show in Orlando?

So the info in the Antonov press release isn't correct?

http://www.antonov-transmission.com/press_248.htm

The first of these supercharger units is now ready for shipment. In addition to those units retained by the Company for its own on-going in-vehicle testing, the first batch will include deliveries to its distribution partner, Wheel-to-Wheel Tecstar. This will support Wheel-to-Wheel Tecstar’s preparation of revised installation kits for various vehicles within the significant US tuner market, as previously announced. Additional units are being supplied on schedule to Rotrex A/S to enable them to continue their supercharger development and in order to complete the build of two demonstrator vehicles for press and client demonstration.

The remainder of this initial batch of superchargers will be used to satisfy the requests received by the Company from eight different vehicle manufacturers and Tier 1 suppliers to purchase units for evaluation purposes.

The eighteenth Performance Racing Trade show is being held in Orlando, Florida, between 1 and 3 December 2005. This is premier show in the USA for new technology for the 2006 racing season, with 1,400 exhibitors displaying in 1,000,000 square feet of hall.

Antonov will be there with its partners Rotrex A/S and Wheel-to-Wheel Tecstar.
Old 12-10-2005, 02:05 PM
TECH Junkie

The tuner kit includes a bolt on kit for a V-8 GM truck. It is complete with all hard parts to make boost. It does not include injectors or calibration, to get that you need a level 4 kit. Level 4 includes everything in the Tuner kit plus a fuel pump overlay harness, injectors and a calibration.
The 38-71 blower has produced as high as 650hp and 600 ft lbs at the flywheel. This is higher than we would recomend on a stock engine.

Kurt
Originally Posted by DD966
I looked on your site, but couldn't find what kind of numbers (hp/tq)I can expect from the tuner kit. Can you give me a ballpark? The price you quoted on the site... $3699 I believe... is that the complete kit, or are there other pieces/parts I'll need to make this thing run right?

Quick Reply: W2W Tecstar Rotrex?