Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

My 05 GTO twin turbo kit arrived

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005 | 03:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
is that the kit from Australia designed by Dave Inall?
That's the APS kit. Dave Inall is one of the engineers on staff. I don't think it would be fair to attribute all of the design and engineering effort to any individual.

Mark
Old 12-09-2005 | 03:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeap....some good reasons... great kits...

Very nice, no way it would work in a f-car, the incon manifolds I have the drivers side is much shorter as the turbo's mount much higher drivers side, pass side, is long, but problay won't work either.

Ryan
Old 12-09-2005 | 05:16 PM
Launching!

I'm sure Dave designed this one too, that's why I said everything looked familiar.

I would say 7.9 is dead on for the power you want. Do not underestimate the flow of "cast" manifolds. Its elevated pressure. What supports 400 hp at ambient supports 800 at 15 psi.

Guess what, all that stuff costs money. Even 9K is not bad. If I had a GTO today, instead of a Z-28 5 years ago, I would join you. The design attracted me then, and I admire this one now. Dave is no trustworthy businessman, but he knows his stuff in aftermarket turbos.

I wish I paid the extra $400 for the larger turbos back then.
Old 12-09-2005 | 05:20 PM
10 Second Club

I wish I had the crazy cash to buy a nice GTO and build it up nice. They look like fun cars to drive. I saw a nice light blue one, car was nice.
Old 12-09-2005 | 05:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mark C
I'm sure Dave designed this one too, that's why I said everything looked familiar.

I would say 7.9 is dead on for the power you want. Do not underestimate the flow of "cast" manifolds. Its elevated pressure. What supports 400 hp at ambient supports 800 at 15 psi.

Guess what, all that stuff costs money. Even 9K is not bad. If I had a GTO today, instead of a Z-28 5 years ago, I would join you. The design attracted me then, and I admire this one now. Dave is no trustworthy businessman, but he knows his stuff in aftermarket turbos.

I wish I paid the extra $400 for the larger turbos back then.

It's not really me who's doubting the manifolds, it's on the GTO board I'm getting a bit of smack. No problem, I'll know soon enough. I met David at SEMA this year and talked to him a bit about my kit. Peter over there at APS was a great help in getting this thing to me and I appreciate it.

Now I need to figure out how I'm going to tune it. I do my own tuning but at this point I'd settle on a canned tune if it was close. The kit is here and ready to install. I wasn't going to run it on the stock motor at all, but since my heads aren't here yet I'm tempted to go ahead and run it the way it is, it is made for a stock LS2 anyway. But no tuning is stopping me. I wish I could get ahold of a copy of HPTuners.

Jody
Old 12-09-2005 | 06:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

bad *** kit man...... bad *** other cars on your site too.... the Black project with the Twin turbo LT1 still a go??? Hope ya dont mind i linked a few of your pics on my local board.

Kyle
Old 12-09-2005 | 06:53 PM
TECH Fanatic
20 Year Member

look at stenod and the ohio boys. cast manifolds will do what ever you want them to do.1400 hp is roughly what the ohio boys are making look at stenod there stuff always runs good with STOCK truck manifolds. i know dave took some people to the bank but they should test the waters with a new f body kit.
Old 12-09-2005 | 10:00 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

The cast manifolds APS designed will most likely last a lot longer than most fabricated tubular headers when turbos are used. I don't think finding horsepower will be a problem! Bob
Old 12-10-2005 | 02:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KAOS
they should test the waters with a new f body kit.
I think it makes zero business sense for APS to design an F-Body kit. Why focus on designing a kit for a car that hasn't been made in several years? How many people with F-Bodies are really going to shell out $9-10K for a turbo kit? Look at what APS is selling kits for.. GTO, C6, etc. Cars that are still being made.

If I had an F-Body and wanted turbos I would drop it off at Stenods. 6L manifolds. High 8's. That'll do for me.

Cheers,

Mark
Old 12-10-2005 | 05:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Red91vette
What about just the way they are? Like the incon set up? That is what I ultimately want, a nice twin turbo setup mounted down low and outta sight!
like Slow said definatly wont fit an fbody in the standard position, but it might fit if you flip them forward as they might clear the stearing shaft and other things then you could bolt the turbo up just like that, not sure if it would be worth it when you can just use the 6.0's and fab a pipe though
Old 12-10-2005 | 07:03 AM
10 Second Club

good luck on the tuning, if you can figure out how to get rid of that torque management let the rest of the gto guys know.
Old 12-10-2005 | 07:09 AM
TECH Fanatic
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by mdhmi
I think it makes zero business sense for APS to design an F-Body kit. Why focus on designing a kit for a car that hasn't been made in several years? How many people with F-Bodies are really going to shell out $9-10K for a turbo kit? Look at what APS is selling kits for.. GTO, C6, etc. Cars that are still being made.

If I had an F-Body and wanted turbos I would drop it off at Stenods. 6L manifolds. High 8's. That'll do for me.

Cheers,

Mark
makes sense i guess. hey im just a dreamer ok
Old 12-10-2005 | 09:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Cheers,

Mark

Yeah...... or if ya want to Bling Bling u can do it like mine....
Gotta love the Cast for the price though

Kyle
Old 12-10-2005 | 02:23 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Thats one beautiful looking kit, very nice quality and complete. But Jody, thats not a pro-touring car!

Tony
Old 12-10-2005 | 10:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Thats one beautiful looking kit, very nice quality and complete. But Jody, thats not a pro-touring car!

Tony

Thanks Tony! You are correct, but I'm still taking it on Power Tour next year!

Jody
Old 12-10-2005 | 10:44 PM
On The Tree

I wonder if this is the same kit I saw at SEMA. I looked the GTO over that they had and it was a sharp looking kit.
Old 12-18-2005 | 05:00 PM
FormerVendor

That's the APS kit. Dave Inall is one of the engineers on staff. I don't think it would be fair to attribute all of the design and engineering effort to any individual.

Mark
The GTO intercooled twin turbo system was actaully designed by Rob at APS, he's the head turbo system prototype engineer at APS.

Peter
Old 12-18-2005 | 08:16 PM
Outlaw 10.5 Director

Very nice looking kit! Makes me want to buy a GTO just to have a kit like this.

Tom
Old 12-18-2005 | 09:17 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by camcojb
Thanks again to Peter for the help and the gang at APS for a top-notch product.

Jody
Jody, Congratulations on your purchase of the APS intercooled twin turbo system to suit the GTO, I'm really looking forward to seeing your GTO project come together. Be sure to keep me fully informed with your build up and if you need an help/advice I'm just a pm or email away.

Merry Xmas

Peter
Old 12-19-2005 | 08:26 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by FSTR-THANU
Very nice looking kit! Makes me want to buy a GTO just to have a kit like this.

Tom
Glad you like and thanks for those kind words. If you like the GTO twin turbo system I'm sure you will just love the Corvette twin turbo package.

Peter

Quick Reply: My 05 GTO twin turbo kit arrived