Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Powerdyne Has A New Owner!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 11:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

We always wondered if backpressure was making the belts break, from not venting the extra air under accelerating??? Mine worked flawless when I had it, and the people I know had good luck with them. The guy I got mine from had under 100 miles, and the belt snapped.. With the belts being accessible, for a 5.0 I would hesitate, on the LS1 I dunno about it as I have no experience.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:27 PM
chronic masturbator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cannons
It can't be put on a f-body w/o a problem? Why not? I took a BD blower off my truck and directly fit a XB on it. I interchanged them and I didnt have to do anything different.
the truck bd and the f-body bd are different the f-body impeller is reverse rotation
Old 01-29-2006, 06:06 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dynedta
the truck bd and the f-body bd are different the f-body impeller is reverse rotation
The powerdyne that was on my truck is now on a 93 Z28. Just bolted it on and it worked.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sometimes Its people who put smaller diameter pulleys on them and rev them past the recommended limit.
people overspin the hell out of Vortec headunits all the time. even mild overspin they don't have problems like the Powerdynes.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by skunk50
people overspin the hell out of Vortec headunits all the time. even mild overspin they don't have problems like the Powerdynes.
THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE!!! Powerdyne "BD" has a Internal Belt driven system, Vortec is Internally Gear driven. That is why you cant "Over-Rev" A powerdyne past its recommended RPM, if you do you will almost always shred the belt. The ratings of gear driven blowers are rated way lower than what it will actually do. If they advertise 8000 RPM MAX impellar speed, then the speed where they find the blower will fail is at 9000 RPM. To fix the belt issue, powerdyne is looking into replaceing the Gates belts with a much better Goodyear belt. I ran my BD blower for ages without any belt problems. After I put a intercooler on it I lost a couple lbs of boost. I did like what most people do, just put a smaller pulley on it. After a couple hundred miles and several passes my belt broke.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:30 PM
TECH Resident

Also sorry to say, but Sam is no longer with powerdyne and passed away a little over a year ago.
That's really a shame to hear because he was a genuinely nice guy.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE!!! Powerdyne "BD" has a Internal Belt driven system, Vortec is Internally Gear driven. That is why you cant "Over-Rev" A powerdyne past its recommended RPM, if you do you will almost always shred the belt. The ratings of gear driven blowers are rated way lower than what it will actually do. If they advertise 8000 RPM MAX impellar speed, then the speed where they find the blower will fail is at 9000 RPM.
well ya sold on the Vortec then.

Quick Reply: Powerdyne Has A New Owner!!!