Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Dan Bills at FLP does it again

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 01:05 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool.

For ~5 years I worked with (and still do, just another car) 2 guys on a '92 Camaro done by JC. Pete Robertson origonally did the motor. JC does some quite perfect work with awesome brackets and perfect welds. They are origonally from the Chicago area so I dont know him, they do.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:52 AM
FLP
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by GrahamHill
Cool.

For ~5 years I worked with (and still do, just another car) 2 guys on a '92 Camaro done by JC. Pete Robertson origonally did the motor. JC does some quite perfect work with awesome brackets and perfect welds. They are origonally from the Chicago area so I dont know him, they do.

Graham,

Father and son team? Beautiful Blue camaro? I helped out a little with that car also.

JC is a one man show, and the best show you will ever see. A few of us do our best to help out and do all the stuff he shouldn't be wasting his time with, cutting, grinding, notching etc. Having my own shop I don't get down there as much as I used to or should, but that will change as the new car is under way and I'll be cutiing, grinding, notching, whatever he needs.

Say hi to the guys.

Dan Bills
Old 02-08-2006, 09:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

i got over 800 at 14psi an one turbo on pump an it never broke my tires lose? What the hell...I want to spin on the dyno..you guys suck
Old 02-08-2006, 11:59 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by FLP
Graham,

Father and son team? Beautiful Blue camaro? I helped out a little with that car also.

JC is a one man show, and the best show you will ever see. A few of us do our best to help out and do all the stuff he shouldn't be wasting his time with, cutting, grinding, notching etc. Having my own shop I don't get down there as much as I used to or should, but that will change as the new car is under way and I'll be cutiing, grinding, notching, whatever he needs.

Say hi to the guys.

Dan Bills
That's them!

Randy and Kevin Mitchell.

After your accident I showed them pictures of your car and Randy told me he knew you real well and that your car was probably some of JC's work. Ive never met him but I did get to work on the blue '92 inside and out, upside and down, for several years until they sold it last year to start this 2002 Camaro.

Maybe we will see you in Joliet at the big NMRA-NMCA deal!

Later
Graham
Old 02-08-2006, 01:02 PM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Attention NoMoreLS1 and Speed Inc (INTMD8)

No more incessent bashing of each other in a thread that has nothing to do with either of you at this point. I'll be pruning this thread shortly to clean house and put it back on topic. I'd appreciate it if you would let your diffences in opinion go on this. Everyone has their own opinions of which none of them are related to the work that Dan was being complimented on.

Thanks.
Steve
Old 02-08-2006, 01:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mitch, I'm gonna warn you ONCE. Stop the Speed inc bashing.
As you can see, Phil, Dan and the rest of FLP are able to post here, they don't
need you causing trouble.

PS. Dan, I'm gonna break your dyno.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:38 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by DERTY
Attention NoMoreLS1 and Speed Inc (INTMD8)

No more incessent bashing of each other in a thread that has nothing to do with either of you at this point. I'll be pruning this thread shortly to clean house and put it back on topic. I'd appreciate it if you would let your diffences in opinion go on this. Everyone has their own opinions of which none of them are related to the work that Dan was being complimented on.

Thanks.
Steve
I agree completely, and would prefer to avoid conflict, however NoMoreLS1 makes negative comments towards us in almost every thread he posts in, and I felt the need to defend our shop against this ex-FLP employee.

-Jim
Old 02-08-2006, 04:29 PM
FLP
LS1TECH Sponsor

[QUOTE=The Juggernaut]

If I had a dollar for everytime I've heard that one.....Ohhhhhhh the things I could do!!!

Dan
Old 02-08-2006, 05:25 PM
TECH Addict

Very nice setup indeed.

Get some better tires, put in some more weight, and strap that puppy down
Old 02-09-2006, 12:35 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by NoMoreLS1

I still have a tough time with 1046.3 rwhp/929.4 rwtq with 13 psi.

It doesn't make peak horsepower until 6500 rpms?
It doesn't make peak torque until 6000 rpms?
That doesn't make a lot of sense to me for a turbo car.

It makes 153.7 rwhp more and 70.3 rwtq more than the "13 psi" dyno that they have posted. They don't state the boost level for this dyno.

Also...
Sheet metal intake
solid roller cam
AEM EMS
Those turbos look a "little" bit bigger, possibly 72mm? They have to have 3 inlets to 3.5 inch inlets too.

Some things about this car don't add up either...
"408ci LS6 (8.0:1)"
"6.0L truck block"

What type of gas was used as well?

Gary's Z06 is truly a street car. Stock pcm, 93 octane pump gas, all of the accessories are still intact, and the A/C still works. No ground clearance issues either.

When I see that you have to remove the a/c, use C16, the downpipe(s) run underneath the k-member, etc., the street car "badge" goes right out the window in my opinion.

Nice job Dan and Don from FLP!
I witnessed this C5 max out MTI's dyno about 3 years or so ago and it was heat soaked. Did it on the 3rd or fouth back to back pull. It is a 408 iron block LS6 headed engine. Not sure what the turbo sizes were or how much PSI. I have yet to hear a C5 sounds as sweet as that thing did. Stacey Barnett's car.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:57 AM
TECH Addict

[QUOTE=FLP]
Originally Posted by The Juggernaut

If I had a dollar for everytime I've heard that one.....Ohhhhhhh the things I could do!!!

Dan

Well , actually, I can only gaurantee SOMETHING is gonna break.

Wastegates are for sissies.

Quick Reply: Dan Bills at FLP does it again