Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

twin T04E sizing question

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 05:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default twin T04E sizing question

On a stock cubed ls1 what size turbos do you guys use in a twin setup? I have a T04E .60 a/r 50-57 trim compressor side (cant remember exactly, Ill have to measure the wheel) and a .58 a/r p-trim that is left over from a previous car, if I got another one this size would that be a good size for a twin setup? Or do ls1's tend to prefer larger exhaust housings? The goal is somewhere in the neighborhood of 800hp at the crank with as fast spool up as I can get. Im interested to see what you guys think!

Thanks, Rob
Old 02-17-2006, 01:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You'd be stretching it making 800. But that's not to bad, my CAS uses 76mm T04E's. There custom to fit that big a wheel. You'd be about right with those turbo's and that cubic inch.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:46 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS-Juan
On a stock cubed ls1 what size turbos do you guys use in a twin setup? I have a T04E .60 a/r 50-57 trim compressor side (cant remember exactly, Ill have to measure the wheel) and a .58 a/r p-trim that is left over from a previous car, if I got another one this size would that be a good size for a twin setup? Or do ls1's tend to prefer larger exhaust housings? The goal is somewhere in the neighborhood of 800hp at the crank with as fast spool up as I can get. Im interested to see what you guys think!

Thanks, Rob
That is the exact size turbo I have for my V6 Truck. Im not sure exactly what the "best" turbos would be, but from what Ive read, it seems like T61's are a very popular choice.

Best of luck bro,

Garrett

Quick Reply: twin T04E sizing question