Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Supercharger and compression questions..

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 12:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercharger and compression questions..

well to start off im looking at either a vortech aftercooler setup or a procharger twin intercooler setup...the problem is they are both running at about 9 to 10 pounds of boost. well my car now is making about 410 to the wheels but my engines compression ratio is at 10.9:1, is this setup safe? i heard of an alky setup but would like to stay away from it. any info is appreciated. can this be safe with the right tune? should i go to 5 or 7 pounds instead?> if i have to get an alky kit what do they run?

thanks
Old 03-16-2006, 05:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thats a lot of compression (10.9:1) to run more then 7lbs of boost on. Do you have forged pistons, or are you still on your hyper's?

How about a little background on your motor/heads/fuel system. I'm no expert, but the really smart guys on here are gonna wanna give you some real world advice, and they will want to know more details.

Good luck.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:02 PM
On The Tree

oh yeah, sorry....i have stage 1.5 ported heads, forged pistons with -2cc relief, 38 pound injectors but will be upgrading, 255 lph walboro in tank pump, and i believe the cam specs were 238/232 at .550 and i cant remember what lsa. the cam specs are in that range but not completely sure.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

you will probably need a better fuel system which might come with the kit....i run 14lbs with 9:1 so youd probably be fine with your bottom end....im no expert but i am speakin from setups ive seen/have...i run the d1sc with twin intercoolers.....vortech w/ aftercooler however i have no data...i also have 60lb injectors not from the kit, with my ati kit, it came with 38# injectors and that was fine for 440 hp with the p1 which was stock bottom end....anyone else with more experience/knowledge should have some more info than me
Old 03-16-2006, 07:04 PM
On The Tree

thank you, anyone else?

Quick Reply: Supercharger and compression questions..