Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

My Turn--So Close Yet So Far Away!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 06:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Turn--So Close Yet So Far Away!

Well I've seen a few different Phamspeed kits finally coming alive so I thought I would post up mine. Of course it's the "budget" kit with ceramic coated Edlebrock shorties. The turbo is a Garrett compressor housing and a AiResearch turbine housing. I'm not sure as to the size of the turbo but it's been checked and gone through and given a I don't have a set of calipers so I just eyeballed it with a tape measure that had milimeters on it and the compressor wheel looks to be a 75mm inducer and a 100mm exducer. The turbine side I couldn't get off and didn't want to force it but the exducer seems to be right around 87mm. It's on a T-6 flange with a 5" outlet and has a 5" inlet on the compressor and 3.5" outlet. They said it was about a 1.08AR compressor and around a 1.00 AR turbine. Does anyone know what this thing could be?

Could it be this? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

The downpipe is only 3" so I don't know what I'm going to do with it yet. The FMIC is 12"x24"x4" 30.5" overall.

Since it's on a T-6 flange and the outlet is a 5" vband should I try to get a different turbine housing or does someone make a T-6 to T-4 adapter?

Anyway here are some pics.

Old 04-08-2006, 05:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my guess its a Gt42-74
id try to get someone to cut off the t4 flange and weld a T6 flange on it, unless you can do that.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea I can definatley change it over to a T-6 flange. I just wanted to make sure of what this turbo was and that it would suit my needs. I do have some concern about trying to go from a 5" turbine outlet to a 3" downpipe though. So you think it's a GT42-74? Anyway to be sure?
Old 04-08-2006, 01:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by smokinHawk
my guess its a Gt42-74
id try to get someone to cut off the t4 flange and weld a T6 flange on it, unless you can do that.
I dont think so...not the compressor ousing anyways. There is usually a Vband flange on the compressor housing I believe and an anti surge setup on the inlet...
Old 04-08-2006, 01:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RealQuick
I dont think so...not the compressor ousing anyways. There is usually a Vband flange on the compressor housing I believe and an anti surge setup on the inlet...
Are you talking about a Vband on the compressor inlet or where it mounts to the center cartrige? It has an impression on the inlet to use a regular T-clamp but the inner part of the housing where it mounts to the center cartrige is a Vband. Obviously no anti-surge.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

One more question. Is a Tial 44mm the only Vband wastegate that will work on this kit without modification?

Quick Reply: My Turn--So Close Yet So Far Away!