Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

FI-Experts: Please check this setup.

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 01:44 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forcefed doesnt sell anything, I bought his old D1/SDCE/FMIC/Vortech Mondo and even though I changed a few things around I still use most of it the way it came I would call Bob at exotic performance for the intercooler setup, I think he is working on one for sale, plus he is a procharger dealer. I would also make sure and get the SDCE tensioner. You may just have to peice everything together from a couple different places but its worth it in the long run..

My setup isnt the end all by any means but it works pretty good and its pretty reliable and easy on parts. There are a several things that could make it better but I'm too lazy to change anyhting and its fast enough for me at the moment..
Old 04-08-2006, 01:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bingo....thats what I want. Big help KP.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:11 PM
TECH Addict

Listen to Kevin (KP). He is a wise man, and my inspiration for doing the D1sc setup. Im taking his general approach and adding a few changes to make my setup unique. Either way, you will be happy with what you are getting. You can get prolly just about everything from Bob at EPP except the SDCE tensioner. Talk to Wendy at SDCE and she will be happy to help you.

Good luck man

Andy
Old 04-08-2006, 02:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Told ya......

If ya have any questions shoot me a PM.. Me and Jeremy(FRCFED) had the same setup before we went turbo.....

Kyle
Old 04-08-2006, 02:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep I'm pretty sure my old set up is pretty much intact on ol Kp's ride, other than switching over from a 3 inch thick OBX to a 4 incher and the pipes being coated...should pretty much be the same way I was running it....but my car sucks compared to Kev's

I still have pics of the FMIC set up, both ways one with the bumper support cut and the other way I did for the turbo. I welded up a custom brace/support for it to mount too for some extra strength.

Kyle you still hosting a lot of your old pics from the FMIC install days? Because that is a great reference for the DIY'er guys.
Originally Posted by Kp
Forcefed doesnt sell anything
Yes I do, I sell my FI set ups once I get them dialed in like dummy, instead of sticking to one thing like most normal people

J
Old 04-08-2006, 03:02 PM
kp
8 Second Club

I changed a few things with the IC pipes around so it fit in the T/A nose better, changed to 4" IC and coated a couple pipes but its still pretty much the same. Switched to an ATI balancer also this year but that was just for the SFI thing, stock keyed balancer worked fine all last year.

I was going to switch everything over like Kyle did his, less bends and a little more gound clearance, but like I said it runs OK how it is

Originally Posted by frcefed98

Yes I do, I sell my FI set ups once I get them dialed in like dummy, instead of sticking to one thing like most normal people

J
There is an F1/SDCE setup for sale pretty reasonable in the FS section
Old 04-08-2006, 03:16 PM
TECH Addict

I am running the stainless piping that came with Javier's kit. Once I get some cash together (FI is an expensive hobby), I will convert all piping to 3" aluminum with less couplers via some tig welds and make it look all nice. I also want to upgrade to the t-bolt clamps for appearance purposes mainly.

Andy
Old 04-08-2006, 03:36 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

If you go aftermarket head, go with one with a thicker deck for betting clamping. If you go cheap, just get a set of ported 6.0 heads.
Old 04-08-2006, 03:41 PM
kp
8 Second Club

The Darts are a stronger material then stock, I'm not worried about it at all. If I could keep graphite head gaskets in the car all year with 98 heads I doubt I will have any problems with MLS gaskets/darts. I think a set of Darts is a much better head then a ported or unported 6.0L head. Plus you get 918 springs, machined locks, titanium retainers and decent valves, not bad for 1300.00..
Old 04-08-2006, 03:46 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

What do the Darts flow out of the box?
Old 04-08-2006, 03:56 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am goin with AFR's mainly because of the thicker decks (and I just like AFR heads). Glad to see your gettin your car together Jason. Good Luck.
Old 04-08-2006, 03:56 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
What do the Darts flow out of the box?

depends who you talk to, I dont get into the flow bench wars Its safe to say the flow as well as an average CNC ported LS6/6L head I would think.

I have nothing against AFR or whatever heads, on an N/A motor I'd be a little more concerned, but for what he is looking to do the camshaft and blower pulleys will dictate the power way more then the heads will.. But 1000.00 difference can buy a SDCE setup and a mondo bypass..
Old 04-08-2006, 04:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by kp
depends who you talk to, I dont get into the flow bench wars Its safe to say the flow as well as an average CNC ported LS6/6L head I would think.

I have nothing against AFR or whatever heads, on an N/A motor I'd be a little more concerned, but for what he is looking to do the camshaft and blower pulleys will dictate the power way more then the heads will.. But 1000.00 difference can buy a SDCE setup and a mondo bypass..

I agree with ya 100% there........

Yeah i still have the pic's hosted.......

you mean these????

http://itlxlr8.com/images/Old%20FMIC%20Pics/

The SDCE spring Tensioned 8 rib setup

http://itlxlr8.com/images/Old%20SC%20Setup/

Kyle
Old 04-08-2006, 04:48 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

For low 10's you don't have to go nuts with cam or head selection.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:37 AM
Flossin' twin turbos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by White.Lightning
I am running the stainless piping that came with Javier's kit. Once I get some cash together (FI is an expensive hobby), I will convert all piping to 3" aluminum with less couplers via some tig welds and make it look all nice. I also want to upgrade to the t-bolt clamps for appearance purposes mainly.

Andy
boooo