Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

My Custom STS exhaust version 1

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 11:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Lewis - You still owe me a ride in the Z06

Super - The car has prokit springs in the front but I ended up swapping the stock springs back into the rear due to the rear sitting to low after I was done with everything. With the turbo, my subwoofer, the spare tire, and the battery relocated back there, there is quite a bit of weight. So even with the stock springs the car looks lowered in the back still. No clearance issues as it sits.

When I did have the pro kit springs in the rear, my custom pipe you see coming off the turbo, when it sagged if I had 2 people in the car then speeds bumps would sometimes catch the bottom. Now if it would have still been an issue after I make a hanger for that pipe and keep it up as high as it can go I am unsure. I would guess it would be ok as it can go up another 1-2" from what you see in the pics.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:35 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by reocamaro
Is that some custom fab work on the intercooler piping running on your turbo to the front of your car? Mine runs up over the axel and actually sort of prefer it over the axel. But your dual exhaust is awesome. I wish I could pull something like that off on my car. I probably could just a bit to lazy. I like how from the back there's absolutely nothing that says "hey look at my turbo" I'm sick of getting that these days. "is that supercharged?".."yeah, buddy, it's a really LONG pulley" :rollseyes: How much power are you putting down w/ your STS setup?
Tell 'em is belt driven off the driveshaft, lmao.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:49 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by GrahamHill
Tell 'em is belt driven off the driveshaft, lmao.
That's a great idea! I'm going to make the first remote mount supercharger
Old 04-16-2006, 12:40 PM
TECH Resident

Blackbird and reocamaro...

how are yall liking the STS kits? I'm thinking about going with the setup and doing some custom piping as I have a shop here that is damn good at fabbing stuff up.
I wanted to get forged pistons and the STS kit as the next mods...which will probably be the final mods for a good long time..
and what boost are yall running?
Old 04-16-2006, 05:56 PM
12 Second Club

Those numbers are from 7#'s and I run about 8.5# now that I figured out how to setup the boost controller Thought by now the skittles around here would have learned about me... I was wrong
Old 05-02-2006, 02:42 PM
TECH Regular

blackbird, any way i could get your services to help out doing something similar on my setup? Let me know if you want to move this to PM so to not clutter the forums.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:49 PM
TECH Addict

If I did I wouldn't be able to help you for a few months due to time constraints. Plus my buddy is the one with the welder so we would have to co-ordinate with him too.

It's very straight forward. Any muffler shop should be able to pull this off. If you would like to see it in person and chat about it, I will be at a Norcal GTG in Livermore on the 20th.

Go to the Norcal site and the GTG section for details.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Heath,

Have you dynoed the setup yet? What turbo and AR are you running?

How does it feel compared to the powerdyne and ATI?
Cheers,
Chris
Old 05-02-2006, 03:01 PM
Launching!

Heath. I have been looking the Super Traps as an option as well for my 427 STS TT.
How long are they?
How much?
How much quieter is it?
Performance?
Old 05-06-2006, 04:48 PM
TECH Addict

Chris - no dyno yet, maybe in a few weeks. Haven't really been worrying about the car much lately. Too busy with other things. It's the 67 with the .81 housing.

Brent - You can get the Supertrapps in various lengths and diameters. They are about $150 each I believe it is. As for how much quiter my setup is. It's very noticeable. Please note though what you see in the pic are dynomax bullet mufflers with part of my old supertrapps tacked on as the "tip". It would be even quieter if I had the real supertrapps on there. I love the sound and they really are adjustable sound and powerwise when you add and remove discs. I ran them for years when the car was N/A and they were great!

I would have loved to buy new supertrapps for this setup (my old ones I bought in 97 were not made of stainless as they are now and were rusted out) but my cheapness went for $30 bullets vs $150 supertrapps. $60 vs $300 was easier to swallow for me as these days I really don't spend money on the car anymore.

I will tell Rick to let you know when I am heading to the shop and maybe if you have time you can take a listen to hear the diff muffed vs un-muffed. As you can see by the pic it's easy for me to remove to hear exhaust vs no exhaust.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:39 PM
12 Second Club

Wow thats fucken awesome!

Quick Reply: My Custom STS exhaust version 1