Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Carbed 377, T76GTS dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 12:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I might be all wrong here but I would think the reason for the high hp at low rpms would have to do with a couple things:

1) The camshaft is 230 duration with forced induction
2) The volume of air from a 377 going to a T76.
3) The fast burn heads being efficient at that rpm level.

I would assume that the timing was low with those heads also.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by engineermike
That's just the problem. Sometimes thick mud can act like a big suction cup on the bottom of the boat. Also, apparently there are certain types of grasses or weeds that stick to the bottom of the boat.

His prop is carbon fiber with adjustable pitch.
A pretty simple little way to help with this is to rig up a tank with soapy water in it. You can rig it up to spray on the mud in the front of the boat and it will make the mud even slicker. I know that it sounds stupid, but I know people that swear by it. Granted the times you can use it would be limited, but the few times you can it proves to be invaluable, or so i heard.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jose, how embarrasing. . . Thanks for the help, BTW.

Lethal Injection, we ran the timing at 26 - 28 total advance. I chose this number simply because I know those heads usually like 32 and I took out a little for safety. However, the dyno operator was thrashing the engine later at low boost (8 psi) and gained 50 hp just by raising it to 30. Sure with I could go back and make a pull at 18 psi. . .

Stang's Bane, the owner was very concerned about weight. The lighter the boat, the more alligators it can hold. That's part of the reason for this project - he was tired of the heavy 572's.

Mike

Quick Reply: Carbed 377, T76GTS dyno results