Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

GMR Single Turbo with T-76GTQ

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006 | 12:43 PM
Staging Lane

Alright, first of all: Some of BYUNSpeeds comments in this thread were COMPLETELY uncalled for. Maverick has stated SEVERAL times that although he ran into a few headaches, he would STILL buy the kit again and that he was happy with GMRs overall tech support. With a project like this, thier will of COURSE be hiccups here and there. The most important thing is that the shop who sold the kit resolved them!

Secondly, I have had work done on my car AT GMRspeed (albeit not a turbo kit yet) and thier customer service is TOP notch. (I actually drove my car al the way from NEW JERSEY!! to get work done there, because after speaking to both of them I trusted them to take care of me. And they did. Since then, I have referred people to them SEVERAL times, thier windshield banner now graces my windshield, and I myself have ordered parts from them SEVERAL times since (they are ALWAYS my first choice when i need something). By the way, I have NO affilliation with them in any way so this is not coming from one of their employees, this is coming from a friend. Case in point; Leo and Rick are both GREAT guys both as business owners and as people. In fact, Im willing to bet if you spend more than 10 minutes on the phone with them you will feel as though you are talking to a friend, rather than a business owner. Because they care THAT much about thier customers, and thats a big reason they are going to go far in the world of speedshops.

Lastly, Joel leaving GMR speed did not disrupt thier customer service, their quality, or thier business practice in general in ANY way. ANd saying otherwise is ignorant. They have not missed a beat since he left, and the new guy they have working on thier Turbo kits hit the ground running from the second he started in thier shop.

I think Maverick did a GREAT job in his writeup about this thread, and he pretty much did EXACTLY what we as customers would want him to do. He reported honestly about the parts, the install, and the project in general (isnt that what we want on a board like this???). Never once did I see him bash anyone, and I think BYUNSPEEDs constant 2 cents on the subject when its not even THIER car being worked on is uncalled for. Leo even stepped in several times to comment on things, and has been proffesional as always in every remark I have seen from him.

Lets keep the bashing out of this thread, because Leo, Rick, and GMRspeed in general definitely dosent deserve it, and anyone who has dealt with them will support that!
Old 06-10-2006 | 01:00 PM
10 Second Club

Sounds like there were some minor setbacks but all in all on every turbo installation I've personally seen or heard of there is always a headache.

I can sympathize with Maverick's frustration, you wish everything would just bolt up and fit perfectly.

I think he vented on here but was no means bashing GMR speed. It seems like GMRSpeed will be stepping up the quality control on their kits which is a good thing.

I'm sure Maverick has the top down and is enjoying his car right now!

For something different i'd like to switch to a turbo system in like a year or two.

Is the T-76 as big as you can go and how much hp can that support on stock cubes?
Old 06-10-2006 | 01:24 PM

its as big as you can fit with the log setup. The log and DP are limiting factors. I see 600-700 RWHP as the limit.
Old 06-10-2006 | 03:34 PM
Staging Lane

Keep in mind that Young is a close friend of mine that I've known for nearly 5 years. When I reference "we did this, we did that" in this thread, Young has been the main person helping me with a few other friends here and there. He bent over backwards to make this kit work and spent many, many hours of his own personal time on my car wrenching with me. So I'm sure he has plenty of reasons to add his own two cents and personal hands on experience with this kit as well.

When I bought this kit, I did not contact GMR in any fashion or way. ByunSpeed was the one that told me about this kit and talked me into it. I was the 2nd kit that Byunspeed had resold. I know the problems with all three kits that young resold. He has a vested interest in all these kits for his customers as well. Young and Leo need to work together to get their issues resolved and while I don't think posting publicly was the best idea, he seemed to be at wits end for lack of any other way to get hold of him.

I hope the two can work out their issues because ByunSpeed has been awesome in my parts shopping for the past several years, and GMR makes a very high quality product.

Anyhow, if the bickering continues here, I would hope a mod will lock this up. I would like it to stay technical and talk turbos. If things work out today, I'll have some dyno numbers shortly on 5psi.

- Scott

Quick Reply: GMR Single Turbo with T-76GTQ