Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

The 9 Second STS build...

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 12:26 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lt1camaroman93
People where stating that a rear mount will not go into the 8's or 7's. That is apples to apples, single rear mount to single front mount, drag radial to drag radial. I think it's pretty clear that an off the shelf STS kit wont be going that fast.
Oh I must have missed the thread title then, because I was damn sure it says STS.

Sorry Longrange4u for wandering.... Any updates on this endeavor?
Old 11-17-2006, 06:02 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Frost
Oh I must have missed the thread title then, because I was damn sure it says STS.

Sorry Longrange4u for wandering.... Any updates on this endeavor?
Wow.... This thread was started when I was first starting out with my high end build. We are mostly done now, and will fire her up on Sunday (need the tune adjusted so it will fire with the converter and low imped injectors).

The god of Turbo Delay killed me on this build. I will post up a big thread with pics and everything. I leave for Iraq in four weeks so I will get to run her, but will not have enough time to work the bugs out and tune her good.

For those that dont know... I went with a 408 / PT-88 Combo... I think I will see more HP then Major Spray's setup but I am still a fat pig (3600lbs) and doubt I will see the times that he has. Wish I would have more time to tune the suspension and engine setup... I think in the end I could have seen high 8's with her.

Thanks all of you who supported me so far... and Major Spray... I love you brother cause you prooved wrong many people who said you wont see 9's with a rear mount to me.... Dont make me search my old threads and list names!
Old 11-18-2006, 06:18 AM
12 Second Club

i cant wait to hear about it. where is the car going while you are in iraq? i am gonna be in texas for a little bit at the start of the year. how did the 88 fit out back? got any pics?
Old 11-18-2006, 08:58 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by longrange4u

The god of Turbo Delay killed me on this build. I will post up a big thread with pics and everything. I leave for Iraq in four weeks so I will get to run her, but will not have enough time to work the bugs out and tune her good......
Yeah that angry turbo-god is a bitch! ....always f'n around with good people. We need pics! Damn dude, I get sent a state away for work for weeks and that kills me knowing I could be driving; sux that you have to get moved that far away from your car and for that extended period of time. Sorry you have to go; you shouldn't have to be there
Old 03-24-2007, 10:18 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Sorry for thread from the dead but whatever happened with this build and where is it at? Found it while doing a random search so i figured i'd find out!

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 03-24-2007, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Jarred ( the owner) got some kind of DOD contract and had to go to Iraq for 18 months. His car is at a shop in Belton, Tx. more or less sitting. It runs and drives, but thats about all I know.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:30 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

ah ok, hope he comes back safe and gets some awesome times!

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed

Quick Reply: The 9 Second STS build...