Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers
View Poll Results: which setup for LS7???
procharger D1SC or F1
20.14%
Twin Turbo
53.24%
Single Turbo
26.62%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

LS7 build up

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 03:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I choose to go the TT Route as well. Im still waiting for the APS TT kit for the Z06 to come out but thats another story. I think either way you go your going to make huge power. I do suggest if you are going to run high boost you might also need a different set of heads. I went with the LS7 block again for my built along with the Darton Sleeves. Its just that extra added protection that helps me sleep at night. Good luck with the project.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I'm building this engine for a customer. It's twin gt37's, darton block, callies crank and titanium rods. Heads are ls7 but with heat coatings on the valves, chambers and exhaust ports.

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/gassing...p?h=0&t=409892

The long engine will be assembled next week. Pistons are balanced to 1/10" of a gram. Once assembled I'll make the plenum and then it gets sent to the installers. Biggest problem was figuring out a cam but I think I'm there now. Steve Bryant gave me some input there This is how I'd build it if it were mine so this is the way I want to go next time.

Last edited by Boosted LS1; 07-08-2007 at 03:54 AM.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Easy to hit 1000 rwhp with that engine and twins. Not sure d1 can do that much . But you already have the procharger.Or sell it off and get bigger ones. If you go twins APS said they are making a 427 size twin turbo kit. From looking at my current APS kit that is what I would go with. Both super and twins are going to be awesome. Twins would have a bigger area under the curve as they would likley come full in at 3000. On the track the super would put out similar power and might be a bit more controllable with linear boost. Turbos can be violent but they do have nice new electronic controllers to help out in that area.
I am thinking will do a procharger on my 96z28 one of these days. Already have enough turbo cars time for a nice supercharged one. Or maybe a magnacharged c6.

I was going to go 427 but costs were just too climbing too high. And a 408 should still get me close to my power goals of 850rwhp. Can always spray small shot on top if come up a bit short. You are lucky to have that engine for cheap. Very lucky. Its a serious engine even NA.

Quick Reply: LS7 build up