Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Boost referenced fule pressure regulators....STS guys might want to read this.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 11:56 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Blackbird, if you know the size of the threads on the T Block that would be awesome. Phil got a 12mm and 14mm to 6AN, but after he looked at them, thinking it might be a 10mm, which there are two different pitch threads, 1.0 and 1.5 to 4AN or 3AN. Anyway, if you know please pm or post up, thanks.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:31 AM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CAT3
Blackbird, if you know the size of the threads on the T Block that would be awesome. Phil got a 12mm and 14mm to 6AN, but after he looked at them, thinking it might be a 10mm, which there are two different pitch threads, 1.0 and 1.5 to 4AN or 3AN. Anyway, if you know please pm or post up, thanks.
I ran the car on ramps tonight to eyeball that, Charlie. It's a lot bigger than I remembered. Looks like it might even be the 14m size. And I was worried the 12mm was too big.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:36 AM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am dang confused, I'm running a rear mount t70, I don't quite understand why you lost so much rwhp after running it originally. =( Sorry I'm lame.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:48 AM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 67Firebird455
I am dang confused, I'm running a rear mount t70, I don't quite understand why you lost so much rwhp after running it originally. =( Sorry I'm lame.
Two reasons...one a product of the fuel system and one a product of an oil pump failure.

1. The oil pump wiring that comes with the STS kit to power the oil return pump sucks! I had the oil buzzer go off, which means the pump quit operating to push oil from the turbo back to the engine. When this happens the only place for oil to go is past the rings in the turbine itself....which puts the oil into the intake and exhaust tract. This oil in the intake tract was blown onto my MAF which F'd up the MAF readings, causing the car to erroneously add more fuel on the long term fuel tables....and in essence jacked up the tuning applied to the car. I fixed this problem by soldering the connecting wires and replacing the MAF. I will also reflash the tune once I get the fuel system operational.

2. Lack of fuel at high RPM and full boost is the main reason I'm upgrading the system. The 42lb injectors are not able to deliver enough fuel into the engine when I am at full boost. We could see this by the duty cycle of the injectors while logging the dyno runs. The injectors were increasing their load exponentially as boost came on, and the A/F ratio began to lean out. By adding a boost referenced regulator, the system will add an additional pound of fuel pressure for each pound of boost. This additional 5lbs of fuel pressure will allow the injectors to deliver enough fuel at 5psi without having to go into "overdrive". I could add bigger injectors, but we feel this setup will be more optimal for daily driving and allow for more HP gains in the long run.

Hope this answers your question.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:09 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmmm I am curious to see how well you can tune those 42's. When I made my 600RWHP run with my 42's the duty cycle of the injectors was over 95%. My AR was steady buy I dont belive I could have gotten more out of them. With my new 370 setup I will be going with an upgraded fuel system like what has been talked about here... but with 60lb injectors. I will also most likely add a progressive meth kit as I want to insure that my fuel stays solid up through 20-22lbs of boost.

Quick Reply: Boost referenced fule pressure regulators....STS guys might want to read this.