Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Think I will see 600rwhp

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 07:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002/Black/SS
im guessing it was a dynojet? on 91 octane thast pretty good, do u have the 3.5inch intercoolers or the 4.5inch intercoolers?
Yes dyno jet, and 4.5 inch I/C.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:21 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What do you have so far for the fuel system? We can typically hit 600 rwhp on my Mustang Chassis Dyno (approx 640+ on a DynoJet) with two intank Walbro fuel pumps, after that we have to run a larger fuel and add in a regulator to use the stock fuel line as a return line. We also then add larger fuel lines. For where you are heading, the boost a pump will only be a bandaid.
On a cool morning, with lower iat's, your rwhp and fuel requirements would pick up dramatically!!! Bob
Old 07-27-2006, 10:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
What do you have so far for the fuel system? We can typically hit 600 rwhp on my Mustang Chassis Dyno (approx 640+ on a DynoJet) with two intank Walbro fuel pumps, after that we have to run a larger fuel and add in a regulator to use the stock fuel line as a return line. We also then add larger fuel lines. For where you are heading, the boost a pump will only be a bandaid.
On a cool morning, with lower iat's, your rwhp and fuel requirements would pick up dramatically!!! Bob
I have the racetronics in tank with the hot wire setup. Didnt really want to hack up the bucket and have to worry about starving the fuel pumps when theres half a tank or less, It's a daily driver and sometimes the wife drives it. Do you realy think I will need larger feed lines? It seems that theres quite a few people out there running the boost a pump with a single in tank and stock lines at around 600- 650. I read up on this setup and thought this would be enough, Though i was only looking for about 550 at the time. Guess I was wrong Do you think I should do more? If so what kind of setup? Trying to stay reasonablly priced but dont want to hurt the motor in the long run. do you think I will pick up that much power just on a cooler day? Thanks for the info Bob. its no wonder why so many people ship thier cars to you, GREAT costomer service and very knowlegable. Keep up the great work!
Old 07-28-2006, 05:12 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by nvmy2000ss
Trying to stay reasonablly priced but dont want to hurt the motor in the long run. do you think I will pick up that much power just on a cooler day? !
Then 1 pump won't be enough.In cooler weather the fuel consumtion goes up and you'll risk popping the motor. I would just do the dual intank pump,lines,rails like Bob said. It's not that hard to keep gas in the tank
Old 07-28-2006, 07:40 AM
10 Second Club

I doubt the fuel rails are an issue for you yet. What inj & pump are you running? And with those pulleys, you are only spinning the blower to 48k @ 6K on the motor. Redline is 62. So if you change the pulleys & spin it higher, you'll see more boost & thus more power. I run a 7.5 crank & 3.85 blower pulley & at 6500rpm+ I hit 7-8 psi with a P-1SC on a 402. But I have 60lb Motorns, a Racetronix + the ATI in-line pumps, and an Aero regulator so I hold 60psi of fuel pressure all the way to redline (6700). Fuel is the key.

Never mind, you just posted what pump you have. My bucket sucks dry with less than 1/2 a tank too. But my car weighs 4000lbs so I don't worry much about weight, I just keep the tank full when I race.

Quick Reply: Think I will see 600rwhp