Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Sts - Wrapped Exhaust -- Inside!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 05:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by enginjoe
2500 rpms is really soon for us rear mount guys. What is your set up? What trans, gears, stall, A/R? You might be in the same or similar boat I was in. I had a T67 with a .81 A/R with long tubes and off road y with 4.10 rear gears. I wrapped the y and it helped a little. I also raised the boost up to 8psi with meth injection. I am going back to stock manifolds and I'm going to wrap it all the way back. I am also going with a lower gear ratio (probably 3.42, but maybe 3.23). I don't know if you can get a smaller exhaust side than what you have. Besides you will lose some top end power. Maybe if you got a little more displacement you could do it. I think some of the guys have gotten low 3000s from what I can remember. You can use a small shot of nitrous if everything else doesn't work. Just some ideas here in a stream of consciousness...
4.10s are your problem. .81 exhaust housing if extremely fine for what most of us are trying to do...~~500rwhp.

The LT's hurt b/c they displace heat much more than the manifolds. Remember, heat = pressure & volume. The more of those you have, the faster your turbo will spool. I can spool mine in 5th gear at 2500rpms all the way T-67). You may have an exhaust leak somewhere...
Old 05-07-2007, 06:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by engineermike
Makes me wonder how MajorSpray gets his headers and 106 mm rear mount to spool up. . .
I'm suprised it spools at all.... unless there is some other secret stuff being used...

Quick Reply: Sts - Wrapped Exhaust -- Inside!!!!!