Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

fmic + zip ties

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 11:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default fmic + zip ties

Well.. I hated the way my fmic was done. There was still foam and the bumper support blocking atleast half the intercooler. That couldn't be good for the air flow. So I took the nose off and ditched the foam and bumper support. The IC was mounted to the bumper support. I soon realized that the only brackets were at the top and bottom of the IC. And there was nothing close to bolt it to. So I had to use zip ties.. Yes zip ties, to attach it at the top. I've been thinking about getting another FMIC.. Should I go A2W? Or stay with A2A.. The only thing steering me away from this is the headaches with piping fitting right w/ the new intercooler. It's a decent sized intercooler I have now. Pretty big, but could be bigger. Or should I just have some brackets welded on the side of the intercooler?? Cause then it would bolt up nicely!
Old 07-12-2006, 01:57 AM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FormulaFire
Well.. I hated the way my fmic was done. There was still foam and the bumper support blocking atleast half the intercooler. That couldn't be good for the air flow. So I took the nose off and ditched the foam and bumper support. The IC was mounted to the bumper support. I soon realized that the only brackets were at the top and bottom of the IC. And there was nothing close to bolt it to. So I had to use zip ties.. Yes zip ties, to attach it at the top. I've been thinking about getting another FMIC.. Should I go A2W? Or stay with A2A.. The only thing steering me away from this is the headaches with piping fitting right w/ the new intercooler. It's a decent sized intercooler I have now. Pretty big, but could be bigger. Or should I just have some brackets welded on the side of the intercooler?? Cause then it would bolt up nicely!
Well, I'm pretty picky about my car and have to laugh....because I too have zip-ties holding the underside of the front bumper to the car.

If it's really bothering you that bad, make a bracket that connects from the bottom of the radiator mount and use that to secure the bottom bumper mounts.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

A2A for the street
Old 07-12-2006, 08:01 AM
On The Tree

pics?

Quick Reply: fmic + zip ties