Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Some interesting turbo info

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 09:33 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah but this isn't an end-user's mistake, PTS was building a protoype of a kit of the guys truck and THEY blew it up, not him....
Old 07-16-2006, 09:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, what happens if your car blows up on the dyno of a shop? What happens if the car is being tuned and it self destructs. Im not taking PTS side, but you have to see it from both sides. Its a shitty situation for sure.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:13 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Country Boy
So, what happens if your car blows up on the dyno of a shop?
been there, i can tell u what happened to me....they helped me push it on a trailer then told me to come inside and pay them $400 for the dyno session.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:54 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Hmm I don't see where it blew on the dyno being their fault, but maybe I don't know. Also did PTS blow it up on their dyno, cause I don't think PTS even has a dyno. I would look at the folks you took it to have it dynoed at.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:20 AM
FormerVendor

Let me back up.

PTS may not have done a thing, I based my response on what was linked.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:39 AM
On The Tree

Tony Tony Tony....This is what you are writing these days. How many times are you going to go back and fourth.

By the way guys... We built two complete turbocharging systems on his truck in 2 months then it went to a tuner that Tony decided on and then after many dyno runs, 8 that I know of more that I heard of, the truck motor lets go. After this we agree to buy pistons and I personally call and place the order for 1100 dollar pistions. You then call them a week later and tell them to cancel the pistions. Because you don't want those you want 1500 dollars psitons. Then 6 months go by as your truck sits at the tuning shop. And you are mad at me..you were the one who didn't go with the pistons at the begining after I suggested it. You also chose not to go with a computer system that I had suggested. After knowing many of the guys with viper trucks have had motor failures with the same lesser components.

I did my best to keep you happy. But you just won't be..Very sad. Too bad that most of the guys on here will still look at me as a bad guy. But That's just because most people are looking for a shop to blame. And also when the hell ever did you ever treaten to sue us...I never thought you would be a liar!

This experience is why I have taken steps to hire and employ my own in house tuner. That way we will never again be at the mercy of a tuner. Because most tuners when things go south will always blame the product. And what an easy target we are when we are one of the largest turbo companys.

So is that all you can do is come on here and lie?

I am sorry that I cut you such a great deal..and then bought you a set of %1500 pistons. And being that your truck was only with us for 2 months. I am so unhappy that I did not charge you more. I did this entire job for 7700.00 if you subtract the cost of the pistons. When it should of cost you 9200 for the system and 2000 for the install.

I will not stand by any longer and let you bad mouth us. I understand the complaints of people who have waited so long for their kits. But I know longer feel sorry for you. You will never be happy.

All I ever did was try to make you happy.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Dalton you have a PM.
Old 07-16-2006, 01:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Frost
they put on a twin kit, and break his engine (which is obviously a tuning error on their part) and they aren't at fault? Are you serious??
I have no idea how much power those ram motors are built to withstand. I brought up a reasonable point that the tuner is not always at fault when a stock short block ***** the bed under boost.
Old 07-16-2006, 01:21 PM
Teching In

You are so wrong Dalton lined up the tuner , David Weaver At ART. Dalton also charged me $9200 and the kit is being sold for $9200 but I got a set of injectors that were too big and now he wont take them back.
Or lets tell them how you installed the kit then drove it 80 miles up the rode with a stock tune.
Then let tell them how I have video of it smoking when it showed up at ART
Then lets tell them of the dent in the hood.
Then lets tell them of how you threw everything in the bed of a new truck that had never had anything in. Now the bed is sctatched totally and dented.
And yes I am still with an attorney and the paper is sitting there and all I have to do is sign.
And I still come to Austin regularly, and still know where you are.
The Vec II is fine , underground and others have been making 1200rwhp with them for years.
You just wanted me to spend another $3000 just to have to wait for months for it.
I posted this to wrn them of the crap where you take 8 months to get a turbo, when anyone on this forum or any other can call turbokenetics tommoroww and have one in 2-3 days not 6-8 months.
Dont get me started on you credit card deal either.
All anyone has to do is look around, you have shady buisness tactics and it shows
Old 07-16-2006, 01:27 PM
Teching In

ya'll want the truth do a search for pro turbo kits or is it systems now or have you changed it again to hide?
try the www.nloc.com
www.svtperformance.com

and many others , but my friends over at the lightning boards have really been taken hard.
Old 07-16-2006, 01:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I seams like the only turbo company not screwing guys is STS.
Old 07-16-2006, 01:39 PM
TECH Junkie

They're screwing everybody... But from behind.

They even offer financing...

So who blew something up? PTS or ART tuners?
Old 07-16-2006, 02:59 PM
On The Tree

In all honesty my situation wouldn't bother me at all if my car wasn't sitting in the shop waiting on those parts to arrive. The company putting it on waited a week after they ordered to start putting it on and it has been pretty much together for 2 1/2 weeks now.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:58 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by fastlt1
I seams like the only turbo company not screwing guys is STS.
I get your point and caveat empour, but I am not sure every turbo company falls into this catagory.

STS has delivered like clockwork to every single person I know (about 20)that has their setups. Their customer service is also top notch.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:46 PM
On The Tree

Hmmm...I see why Martin in Aussie land is making sure our initial GTO twin turbos are shipped quickly and is providing a LOT of support. You guys just need to convince him to build a twin setup for F-bodies. Seems a stock LS1 engine in a Commodore 6 speed ran a 10.5 / 137 1/4 with his little twin setup!

And STS does have excellent customer service. When I was adapting a 2004 kit last year, they overnighted me pieces that I needed [diff sized stuff for the 2005 LS2 goat]. I know that the ONE GTO that had a proturbo setup spent many months w/ Jose...and then the owner re-engineered the kit.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:24 PM
TECH Junkie

I would surmise that a prototype front-mounted turbo wouldn't fit right the first time...

If what you want is a rear-mount turbo, then STS is a good choice in terms of quality and service. Not everyone wants a rear-mounted turbo, however.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MTBDOC
Hmmm...I see why Martin in Aussie land is making sure our initial GTO twin turbos are shipped quickly and is providing a LOT of support. You guys just need to convince him to build a twin setup for F-bodies. Seems a stock LS1 engine in a Commodore 6 speed ran a 10.5 / 137 1/4 with his little twin setup!

And STS does have excellent customer service. When I was adapting a 2004 kit last year, they overnighted me pieces that I needed [diff sized stuff for the 2005 LS2 goat]. I know that the ONE GTO that had a proturbo setup spent many months w/ Jose...and then the owner re-engineered the kit.
I remember about the PTK kit for the GTO and the owner is a member on this forum, but I don't think Jose ever was with the car. I thought PTK was in San Antonio and Jose is in Alabama. I do also remember though that Jose would "not" sell the kit cause it was changed from the design he wanted. He posted that he would not sell the kit due to T25 flanges and some other problems. I would ask him about kit designs first, then buy 2nd. He will tell you the pluses and minuses of all the setups, no matter if he sells them or not.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

sucks to hear, hope you get it figured out bro, didnt ptk do a kit for big rick? seems he was happy
Old 07-18-2006, 01:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BUYAMERICAN
I get your point and caveat emptor, but I am not sure every turbo company falls into this catagory.
Fixed.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:53 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Stupid Boost
I remember about the PTK kit for the GTO and the owner is a member on this forum, but I don't think Jose ever was with the car. I thought PTK was in San Antonio and Jose is in Alabama. I do also remember though that Jose would "not" sell the kit cause it was changed from the design he wanted. He posted that he would not sell the kit due to T25 flanges and some other problems. I would ask him about kit designs first, then buy 2nd. He will tell you the pluses and minuses of all the setups, no matter if he sells them or not.

That is correct. We never even saw the car except when Jose visited the PTK facility. That was the extent of it.

Quick Reply: Some interesting turbo info