Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Some interesting turbo info

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 07:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some interesting turbo info

Hello, I am jsut posting this to possibly help someone not get taken by Pro turbo. I a year ago took my Ram SRT 10 to Dalton to use to mock up a twin and single turbo system. After building the kits he DROVE the truck 80 miles to be tuned. On the third dyno run #3 piston let go.Only after many threats of law suits did They agree to at least pay for the pistons, ART and David Weaver stepped in and majorly helped out. But still I have another $4000 to go with the underground in Charlotte. Dalton is a con artist, he takes the money and then claims everything is on back order, all this while he sits back and laughs. They work out of 10x20 hole in the wall, have one welder, one installer, and a guy who does nothing. they claim turbos are on backorder when the truth is not a single turbo supplier will sell to them. So what happens to your money, e takes a down payment , buys some $2 ppiping has a cheap *** coating put on it, mine wore off in 100 miles, and then swearss the turbos are on back order.
Like I say I am just trying to make sure no one else gets taken by this crook ,he has been banned from many sites, mine being the viper truck club of america.
Also the lighting forum
http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/showthread.php?t=128375

http://www.turbomustangs.com/smf/ind...?topic=52935.0

Anyone needing info feel free to contact me on our site www.vtcoa.com under the same screenn name

And thank you for reading.

Last edited by stinker; 07-15-2006 at 08:52 AM.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:11 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sue his ***.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:32 PM
Banned

Thanks for the heads up. Too bad such a nice vehicle (your SRT10) had to be screwed up in the process.

Good luck. ~Joshua
Old 07-15-2006, 03:50 PM
I ruin the end of films...

oh boy!
Old 07-15-2006, 05:03 PM
TECH Resident

It took 3 months for my hot parts to ship ,and another month to get my turbos from them. I havent yet installed mine to see if the coating will wear off. I had to be up their *** to get my stuff on time. I told them when I first ordered my hot parts that I wasnt going to take any **** and that if they said 3 months -it better be three months,and that Id drive all the way from florida just to kick thier *** if they tried to screw me. Well I got my parts with a couple of little bumps but nothing major. So far I have no real compliants.

Ive since used forced inductions with nothing but problems. They said parts would be done in a week,it took two months to get them ,parts where broken,missing, and I had my turbos redone from 57mm to 67mm. I got the turbos and the wheels measure out at 61.3mm. I only got my turbos after I had to treaten them with legal action to get my ****. I would never buy anything ever again from them.

Now Im using Turbozone and deal directly with the owner John and he seems to have the best customer service and is always there to talk to about what you need. Everything Ive ordered from him has come within a week.

Thats just my experience.
Old 07-15-2006, 05:47 PM

Thats not good to hear. Im supposed to have my hot side next week and my turbo is on its way.
Old 07-15-2006, 06:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've got a turbo kit that is supposed to be completed in a week or so, at coaters and waiting on turbo. I'm a little nervous after reading the Lightning guys and going through the Hi Flo bull ****(Oct 05- Mar 06). A guess I might be going through it all again, but they are only 3 weeks behind for my order...we'll see.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:20 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,090 Likes on 718 Posts

Well no surprises here really. These turbo shops are poorly run and these guys make excuse after excuse. PTS was goofy about paying our advertising fees, and we still have not been paid. My guess is that they don't manage their finances very well and then rationalize not paying folks (like us).

ADMIN
Old 07-15-2006, 09:25 PM
SSU Moderator

The more I hear about stuff like this, the more I'd want to (and recommend) getting a get custom built on the car.
Old 07-16-2006, 12:50 AM
Teching In

I want to thank the moderators here for letting this thread stay, I just hope things works out for those that have orders. And invite all of you to our forum anytime www.vtcoa.com thanks again Tony sawyer

By the way , my wife visits your forum regularly, she has a 01 6 spd conv with heads cam exhaust package my moore performance in charllote before they went under, and is at 460rwhp at the moment, but she is looking towards a SC when my truck is tuned, i think she is worried a tad!LOLOL But I keep telling her its still a 5000lb truck
Old 07-16-2006, 01:37 AM
Launching!

Unfortunate.
Old 07-16-2006, 02:07 AM
On The Tree

I have a kit from them that was ordered last year, it took a good 4-6 months to get everything but the kit looks great. I am waiting on a boost controller and a Methanol injection kit now and have been for about a month. Not really sure why these things take so long but what can you do but wait and see.

Kirk
Old 07-16-2006, 02:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Here is something interesting:
http://chicago-motor-cars.ebizautos....px?iid=1103654

Last edited by Formula 1; 07-16-2006 at 02:24 AM.
Old 07-16-2006, 02:22 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Formula 1
linky no worky

what is interesting about that
Old 07-16-2006, 02:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Try it now. It's Marko's car, for sale.
Old 07-16-2006, 03:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
Sue his ***.
Why bother when you'll never collect a dime?

I'm not sure it's really PTS's fault that a stock motor blew running a twin turbo package. Wouldn't that be expected?

As for PTS/PTK and their lead time.. My suspicion is that it's a big ponzi scheme - money from new orders are used to finish up the old ones. Does anyone really think it needs to take six months to a year to build a turbo kit?

The issues raised in this thread really highlight the inherent problems with dealing with nickel and dime turbo "manufacturers". With _very_ few exceptions, if the vendor doesn't have the kit on the shelf then go elsewhere.

Just my .02.

Again - I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you had.
Old 07-16-2006, 04:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Formula 1

OH BOY.

This won't exactly be the best thing some people here will need to see even though it really might not mean anything... MIGHT.

They offer a warranty!
Old 07-16-2006, 04:16 AM
TECH Junkie

FWIW, my kit took 5 months to receive... I called Dalton quite often during that time. Though many of you might be surprised, I was given no "empty promises." Therefore, communication was not an issue with Dalton... WITH ME.

Would I have liked to wait less time? Sure. I was VERY close to getting a TTi Race Kit... I was willing to give up my AC for some time... But, then I decided I needed to keep it... Don't regret it now.

What actually took the longest was the turbo and fuel injectors from Jose. I got that 1 month afterward though HE is hard to reach... To his credit, when you do reach him, he'll answer ANY turbo question, even some you haven't thought of yet.

Inexcusably, these turbo kit manufacturers can be frustrating... Cheating someone, or leaving someone high and dry, is completely unacceptable... I'm not rich and I depend on every penny I have. Our opinions here, for the most part, are of importance to many prospective turbo owners... It's not like buying a Procharger or Vortech AT ALL.
Old 07-16-2006, 07:17 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mdhmi
I'm not sure it's really PTS's fault that a stock motor blew running a twin turbo package. Wouldn't that be expected?
I've seen you take some seemingly-questionable stances, but... Let me get this straight, PTS gets the guy's truck to make a prototype kit KNOWING that it is stock, they put on a twin kit, and break his engine (which is obviously a tuning error on their part) and they aren't at fault?

Are you serious??
Old 07-16-2006, 09:25 AM

Im not taking sides, but you take a motor built for N/A use and put an experimental turbo kit on it and you have to expect things to happen. It sucks that it did, but you are doing something to an engine that it wasnt built for. Did they push the boost too high? Maybe. Was it a tuning issue? Maybe... but its just the same as someone putting FI on a stock LS1, what does everyone tell them... get ready to buy a new motor because it WILL not last.

ABout Jose, I have never had a problem getting in touch with him. I have to deal through PMs since I cant call from work and during the week he gets back to me within the hour.

Quick Reply: Some interesting turbo info