Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Some interesting turbo info

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 03:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stinker
I posted this to wrn them of the crap where you take 8 months to get a turbo, when anyone on this forum or any other can call turbokenetics tommoroww and have one in 2-3 days not 6-8 months.
I agree that PTS has had some long wait times, but they were COMPLETELY up front and honest during the entire process. Dalton has always gone above and beyond to help me and my buddies that have bought PTS kits (I've ordered multiple kits from them and would not hesitate to buy again).

As far as getting a turbonetics turbo in a few days, that is complete BULLSHIT!!!!! It took 2 months before I ever got anything from them and then it took another 2 months to get the correct exhaust housing(shipped it with the wrong one). I called and spoke to Jason (works in the shiping depo for Turbonetics) AT LEAST 10 TIMES (being generous) before I finally got the correct housing. Precision turbos are ALWAYS backed up aswell. So you can't blame all the delays on Dalton.

As far as your truck blowing up, that sucks, but it was most likely caused by overboosing or a bad tune (probably the latter). That in no way is a reflection of the kit itself.

That being said I hope that this works out for both parties, but seeing that there is even a disagreement on how much you were charged for the kit (which you would think would be a fact and one area there would be no debate) it doesn't look good.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I've maybe heard of a kit sucking *** or being poor quality or having boost leaks or poor fitment, blah blah blah...

A kit blowing up a motor?

TUNERS blowing up a motor, AH, that's different.

Turbos take forever, forget PTS... I've just called EVERYONE because I'm trying to buy one... let's just say it's a long wait sometimes. That's the turbo world.

Quick Reply: Some interesting turbo info