Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

twin gts 70's are alive and well

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 10:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I got my Metco from Speed Inc...perhaps has a dif name...nice billet valve cover filter, takes place of fillet cap. Did wonders...
Old 07-20-2006, 10:49 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i got mine in the mail today. i slaped it in there and it looks a little too close to the turbo exhaust housing so i put a 2nd fill style valve cover on the drivers side of the truck and put it in that cover. didn't get a chance to see how it works yet.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when i grow up i want to be jim!
Old 07-23-2006, 07:45 PM
single digit dreamer

i got the oil leak fixed, it was user error , i think the crank case evac setup is working. i added to the evac thread that is going.

got some good news, we went out and did some tuning. rolled into it a few times adjusting the fuel. eventualy went wot. the boost settles to 13psi wich is a little high. we tuned it to lower 11's a/f ratio and got slight amount of knock so there will be no more tuning till i get the meth hooked up. it looks like 13psi will be my minimum boost.

it is prety laggy, about the same as the pt88 i would say. in 2wd i was able to build some boost off the line and rip the tires for a few blocks the open wg's are prety loud. you can't really hear them slam open, the sound just gets louder and louder is all. we were next to a hotrod on the way home and i hit it from a roll and it was crazy loud next to another car. i think i hurt my ear. we made quite a few partial runs, a couple of full runs and drove it for 60+hard miles with no problems. i will have to wait till i get my meth back before i beat hard on it. by next weekend i hope to be pushing 15-18psi in 4wd with the gtech and see how it is really running , maybe even hit up the dyno.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 154 Likes on 101 Posts

Any updates from the weekend? Methanol hooked up now?
Old 07-31-2006, 05:12 PM
single digit dreamer

Originally Posted by gnx7
Any updates from the weekend? Methanol hooked up now?
hell yeah i got an update. i will just cut and paste my post from the other site. still no meth. here is some vid of my truck and others at the track that night >> http://www.1320video.com/videos.php

had a decent night at the track. first time up to the line i ran a 100shot out of the hole and 13psi and it pulled a 1.75 60', 7.15 @100. i was prety happy about that for the first rn of the year.

we adjusted the fuel a little and tried it again and ran about the same. i figured it should do a harder 60' so i swaped in the 125jet and did it again. i pulled a 1.80 but the entire truck was heat soaked on that run. i think it was over 90deg out.

after that run we all questioned if the nitrous was working. it used to rip off the line with a 100shot. i wasn't positive it was coming on at all so i tried a no nitrous run. it pulled a woping 2.27 60' and someting like a 8.3@97. i guess it is working. we slaped in the 150jets and hit it again, still at 13psi base presure. it pulled a 1.70 60', 6.94@101. THIS THING NEEDS A LOT OF NITROUS TO GET MOVING!! i will play with the fuel some and timing but it looks like i might have to nail it with a 175shot to get it moving and spooled up.

with a little harder hole shot it should have easy 6.8's or 6.7's in it without working very hard. i had a top end miss and my shift points are on the low side so it looks like a real runner once i work thru the little stuff and get it all tuned in.

my hope for the night was a high 6 on pump gas. well it just wont pull 13psi on pump without a little knock so i ended up puting in some race gas but i got my high six. prety happy over all for the first time out. ...

kyle got some vid. bug him if you want to see it. trucks sounds very diferent, the open wg's are loud when they open and you cant hear the turbos at all. or i dont think you can. i cant.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You don't think you could build boost off the line with a 2 step? How much boost can you build just by foot braking it?
Old 07-31-2006, 05:29 PM
single digit dreamer

i might be able to 2step it but the nitrous is on the truck and does the job. it is also much easier to stage and leave with a good light with the nitrous.

i dont really know much about 2steps and how well they work with a prety tight stall.

i haven't tried to brake stall it to it's limit but i bet i could get somewhere between 4-8psi before it overwelms the brakes. it wouldn't be easy or fast but i bet i could get it that high. i will try it in a day or two once the outside temps drop a little. it is too hot out there for me to mess with it.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by parish8
i will try it in a day or two once the outside temps drop a little. it is too hot out there for me to mess with it.
NO ****. BTW, looking good at the track on Fri. Peace.

Quick Reply: twin gts 70's are alive and well