Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Video of roots blower setup on F-Body

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 02:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

An adapted intake with a nice Sunoco/Cowl hood would clear that setup easily and could even be made to keep a more square track into the S/C.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by NXSLT1
I can't seem to find the part number to save my life. It's a weiand 142. I'll keep looking.
The 142 Supercharger kit is available in a satin finish P/N 6112 or a polished finish P/N 6112P. The intake Manifold is available by itself for enthusiast wishing to use vortec heads with their existing 142 Weiand supercharger, P/N’s 6542-1 satin and 6543-1polished.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharpe
The 142 Supercharger kit is available in a satin finish P/N 6112 or a polished finish P/N 6112P. The intake Manifold is available by itself for enthusiast wishing to use vortec heads with their existing 142 Weiand supercharger, P/N’s 6542-1 satin and 6543-1polished.
That's the kit part number not just the blower. You won't need the entire kit with my setup, just the blower and short snout.
Old 12-22-2007, 04:44 AM
Staging Lane

Any updates?
Old 12-22-2007, 08:33 AM
Staging Lane

I would like to see some numbers and times
Old 12-22-2007, 10:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I keep redesigning and redesigning. lol I built an intercooler for it last month to try and get the intake temps down. Still having the knock issues, I think it's false knock but I wanna make sure. Got the intake off right now changing some more things around, it will go back on today hopefully.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Very nice work
Old 12-22-2007, 06:09 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was cleaning out my pictures and noticed I had some saved of your z bar setup and that got me thinking about this.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:39 AM
On The Tree

throttle responce looks fast as hell,i like it!reminds me of my 406 i had.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:07 PM
TECH Addict

Late model speed already does a kit for these... Fitting under the stock hood. Im not catching what the big deal is on this?
Old 12-26-2007, 06:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wait4me
Late model speed already does a kit for these... Fitting under the stock hood. Im not catching what the big deal is on this?
First, mine is an LT1 not an LS1. Second, mine doesn't require hacking up the cowl or the hood, no cutting involved, nor does it require a "lift kit" under the front end. I'll be working an LS1 set up in the near future.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:33 PM
TECH Addict

I dont think cutting would be involved if he didnt run the intercooler base. But on these things that intercooler helps out tremendously. So you are going to have that same problem also with your kit and high compression engine... Especially during the summer...
Old 12-26-2007, 10:35 PM
TECH Addict

Another thing also, When the TVS blower setup is released, it might clear without any crazy looking restrictive air inlets as that blower is Physically packaged smaller with even more CFM..
Old 12-26-2007, 10:47 PM
TECH Addict

one more thing to note. Go to page 65 on this pdf for that blower. http://www.holley.com/data/Catalogs/Superchargers.pdf

You will find this note.. Roots blowers generally are used with carburetors or throttle body
fuel injection systems. Roots blowers are designed to work with fuel
passing through them and are not intended to be run “dry.”

Centrifugal superchargers typically run dry and are positioned in the
inlet stream ahead of the carburetor or fuel injection system. This is
why centrifugal superchargers are commonly found on late model
engines which use port type injection systems. Roots blowers, as a
result of the supercharger’s configuration, are not practical for use
on port injected engines."

The Teflon coating they put on the rotors gets warm if nothing cools it down.......

Last edited by wait4me; 12-26-2007 at 10:48 PM. Reason: spelling/addin
Old 12-26-2007, 11:47 PM
10 Second Club

wow man nice car
Old 12-27-2007, 12:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Dude can you be any more negative? I just built and installed an intercooler in the thing and it still fits under the cowl without any hacking or a lift kit. If I'm not mistaken the other kit still requires hacking without the intercooler. I called Weiand way back when and they told me running fuel thru the blower wouldn't do much cooling, I'm not running teflon tipped rotors anyway. But I guess according to you Ford and Eaton and Chevy and Eaton and whoever else and Eaton don't know what the hell they are doing running those roots blowers dry, right??

And for yer info it builds the exact amount of boost that it's suppose to with this size pulley and all the other smaller pulleys I had on it so my upper CAI is not restrictive with "normal" amounts of boost.

Why don't you go build something like this from scratch and put a couple years into it then come tell me how to do it ok?
Old 12-27-2007, 09:31 AM
Sweet Cheeks

Originally Posted by NXSLT1
Dude can you be any more negative? I just built and installed an intercooler in the thing and it still fits under the cowl without any hacking or a lift kit. If I'm not mistaken the other kit still requires hacking without the intercooler. I called Weiand way back when and they told me running fuel thru the blower wouldn't do much cooling, I'm not running teflon tipped rotors anyway. But I guess according to you Ford and Eaton and Chevy and Eaton and whoever else and Eaton don't know what the hell they are doing running those roots blowers dry, right??

And for yer info it builds the exact amount of boost that it's suppose to with this size pulley and all the other smaller pulleys I had on it so my upper CAI is not restrictive with "normal" amounts of boost.

Why don't you go build something like this from scratch and put a couple years into it then come tell me how to do it ok?

Nice work brother.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:32 AM
TECH Addict

Um i already have built a few of these kits from scratch for some of my cars that people said they wouldnt fit in......... 1 is an 853 hp magnuson mp122. As well as helped people set up alot of custom kits in all kinds of cars....

It is just kinda not fair for you to be trying to tell people that you are selling/are going to be selling, these kits multiple times in this page. Especially when there are SEVERAL paying sponsers on this site that need to make a living and pay for the privilage of being able to talk and sell thier products AND have already made a working kit that fit in the camaros/ transams/ ls1s / lt1s........
Old 12-27-2007, 01:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have given no contact info, no pricing and no date of when or if this will ever be released for sale so I really don't see what your problem is other than trying to discredit everything I've done so far. All I've done is show my work and mention that I might sell a few of these kits so back off.

I don't know of anybody selling a kit for the LT1 F body but then again I'm not in the loop either.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Finally figured out what's causing the false knock, it's the loud *** exhaust!! I had the timing so low in boost that when it went into boost the exhaust tone would change drastically and would get really loud and that would set off the knock sensor. All I did was add more timing in boost and that quietened the exhaust down and she runs quite well now. I've ran the **** out of it the last couple days and haven't got a bit of knock except one time down low in the rpm range, lugging territory. 1st and 2nd gear is basically useless now with those lil street tires, it spins forever. lol Can't wait to get a good tune in it and see what it puts down on the dyno.

Quick Reply: Video of roots blower setup on F-Body