Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LT1 single turbo project beginning soon

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 08:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I Was Just Tring To Help You Out With Your Lt1 Project! Good Luck!
Old 11-17-2006, 08:32 PM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by otherwhitemeat
think you should ask what someones plans are before you go telling people what to do, but what do I know.

your the one posting pics of your LT1 project with a stock looking motor!
Besides, one can always upgrade to a carb style intake and still use the dist. set-up. Also unless your going to a aftermarket block, the LT1 is about is strong as it gets as far as sbc's go.

IT IS STOCK!!! wow.. good eye

I said... im going to beat it till it goes... then go to a early 350.... do a half fill on the block. Single plane intake (welded up so its dry... little coolant flow). Fully forged low compression bottom end (callie crank, compstar h-beams, diamond custom pistons, dart pro heads, hellfire rings probly) Custom reverse flow cooling...

Only wanting 800 or so rwhp =).... Not trying to set any records... just want a decently fast car. This will be more than I will ever want. But then again I dont feel the need to jump on a board as a new member and brag about my 1000+hp car

This is my car, im doing it my way.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:33 PM
9 Second Club

I Was Just Tring To Help You Out With Your Lt1 Project! Good Luck!
That is the kinda comment i wanted.. lol....

its a stock motor... its always gunna be.. up untill it blows... then im going to trash it and start over... the turbo kit is the subject of the thread.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:38 PM
TECH Resident

This is my car, im doing it my way. You still obviously lack
what do i lack?????????? cant be a turbo camaro, cause i can see it in the garge right now. oh burger king can do it your way too! lol and what does being new to a board have anything to do with anything.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:41 PM
TECH Resident

That is the kinda comment i wanted.. lol....

its a stock motor... its always gunna be.. up untill it blows... then im going to trash it and start over... the turbo kit is the subject of the thread

I just thought why not use the lt1? you own it its really not much more money to do up! and its stronger then a regular sbc...............ok?
Old 11-17-2006, 08:42 PM
TECH Resident

just let us know how it works on that stock set up.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:43 PM
9 Second Club

This is my car, im doing it my way. You still obviously lack
what do i lack?????????? cant be a turbo camaro, cause i can see it in the garge right now. oh burger king can do it your way too! lol and what does being new to a board have anything to do with anything.

well i dont know you.. you dont know me... i have seen nothing out of you... and your not one of the people who helped me get this far... and you immiediatly jump on my thread and basicly say its all going to blow to hell because of the opti?????

You... lack... readin... comprehension...

and as for my way... well the turbo kit is done my way... and it is nicer than half the kits out there... and support more power.... so i think my way is alright.

You would think if I am having a turbo kit built and do this and that i would know at least enough to know the opti is crap... but im jsut a little 19 year old boy who dont kow **** anyways right
Old 11-17-2006, 08:56 PM
TECH Resident

yes i agree your kit looks good! in fact if YOU read my first remarks you would have understood that...i was just helping out.
ALSO. if you are going to spend money and fab-up a kit arround a lt1 motor, AND make pipes to go arround the assesory's,that my not even work with a reg. sbc, then you sould just use the lt1 as your final motor. Maybe cause your only 19 you get very defensive. It just seams stuppid to spend money ON a lt1, AND THE FUEL SYSTEM, AND THE IGNITION SYSTEM, AND THE CUMPUTER SYSTEM, and not use this motor. specially when the lt1 is better then a regular smc.

Last edited by otherwhitemeat; 11-17-2006 at 09:02 PM.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:01 PM
TECH Resident

In fact.... your kit is alittle like mine! and i never said it going to blow up! its just a waste of time and money what you are going to have to do to get things to work, and then get rid of it all and redo everthing!
Old 11-17-2006, 09:15 PM
9 Second Club

Well since you are so knowledagble (and im not saying your not) you would also so know that there are TONS of of different ways to put assesory's and so this is not a issue at all.

Also. I will be using hte fuel system on on this motor on the SBC as well... and the ignition box most likely also (which i bought for nitrous anyways... jsut threw it into the pics).... and money into the computer? hardly....

im not defensive because im 19.. im defensive because im 19... have hardly any money.. and have put a TON of time into the planning of this and everything that goes with it... along with the fact 6k is gone and this is what i have... sooo
Old 11-17-2006, 09:20 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,163 Likes on 756 Posts

I know otherwhitemeat, he and his buddy have turbo'd LT1 cars. otherwhitemeat, got those pics of your setup, I have not seen them for 3-4 years.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:25 PM
TECH Resident

OK DUDE!!! have fun with it! oh... cars are a waste of money too.... but im very guilty of that one... oh..ua-plumer i like your comment..

Originally Posted by Oso Vega
Rear mounting is for prison sex, not turbos.

i always wonder why people use or build these kits when a turbo can fit nicely in the front!
Old 11-17-2006, 09:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK DUDE!!! have fun with it! oh... cars are a waste of money too.... but im very guilty of that one... oh..ua-plumer i like your comment..

i always wonder why people use or build these kits when a turbo can fit nicely in the front!
ditto
Old 11-17-2006, 09:28 PM
TECH Resident

I know otherwhitemeat, he and his buddy have turbo'd LT1 cars. otherwhitemeat, got those pics of your setup, I have not seen them for 3-4 years.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:32 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by UA-Plumber
ditto
more like props to Kyle... Im learning.. he is showing... i loving it though!

lol

i just cant wait to beat the **** outta the motor.. then put the stock exhaust back on when it blows... and take it back to the dealership and try to make them hold true to the warrenty!! (motor has 9,000 miles on it and has a warrenty!)

haha...t hen i can sell the brand new longblock they give me..
Old 11-17-2006, 09:34 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
I never doubted his car... but... he seems to be one of those people... if it aint his way.. it aint right
Old 11-17-2006, 10:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Dragframe
more like props to Kyle... Im learning.. he is showing... i loving it though!

lol
Thanks for the props man!

I think we should all just buy cars that come with turbos from the factory, why mess with all this custom crap
Cuz everyone know rear mount turbos don't work that's what someone on the internet told me

Last edited by kbracing96; 11-17-2006 at 10:18 PM.
Old 11-18-2006, 11:26 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,163 Likes on 756 Posts

otherw had pics on www.camaroz28.com of his car and his buddy's TT LT1 about four years ago. Z8's would recall these guys.
Old 11-18-2006, 12:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 78 Posts

I saw this Header website referenced in this thread, but not a model number. Which set did you opt for? To tell the truth, it looks like they are physically the same, just that one comes with gaskets, bolts and O2 Bungs. Is that the difference?
http://www.ssautochrome.com/level.itml/icOid/1426
Thanks
Dave
Old 11-18-2006, 09:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like MY opti. Switch to an MSD cap and rotor for $120 and all my problems were solved.

Quick Reply: LT1 single turbo project beginning soon