Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

FOD Damage

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 07:32 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info E.A.! Now I know which ones to bid on.

I took the blower off last night & looked once more for the offending object. I still saw nothing. So I removed the cover, got my file out & gently went to work on the impeller fins. Turned out looking OK, all the edges are smooth, no more loose pieces & most importantly no cracks yet.

We'll see what it runs on Saturday. I have 2 tunes ready, 1 that will hopefully get it down to the 10.6 range for the King of the Track race, and a 2nd tune that I will run during regular competition that should run 10.9 all day. At least I hope it runs all day.

Thanks again guys for all your help!
Old 08-23-2006, 09:38 AM
10 Second Club

Just thought I'd post an update. I made 4 passes on Saturday. The 1st run was an 11.01 @ 126. I tried to tune it to make it go faster, even tried installing one of them import-style mushroom filters. And I succeeded in changing my ETs by 4/10ths.....albeit SLOWER!

It would launch hard & then fall on it's face, come back alive & stumble again. I figured the mushroom wasn't flowing enough air. But I removed it & had the same problem. Turns out the car was seriously running out of fuel with the more agressive tune. (<30 psi)

So last night I tried my last straw, I removed the stupid ATI in-line pump. I've thought about it before, but never got around to trying it. So yes indeed the Racetronix can keep up with the D running the bigger pulley making ~12 lbs on a 402. The fuel pressure never dropped below 45psi, which aint 60 but it's quite an improvement over what I was seeing.

I plan to take her out to the track & try it again. Next week if I can get the Alky Inj installed I'll try it with the smaller pulley making >14lbs. If the pump won't keep up I may try a BAP since I am way over my budget and simply can't afford to re-do the system right now.

The good news is, the impeller seems to be working fine.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds like a kickass set-up, glad the impeller is working out. The only thing is, I would getting your fuel pressure up before you slap on the smaller pulley. If your seeing 45 on the gauge, your injectors are only seeing 35psi (at 10 lbs of boost). I'd get a boost-a-pump or two walbros before I went any further with the boost.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:37 AM
10 Second Club

Yep, that's the plan, along with Julios Alky kit.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:50 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would just throw an 80.00 voltblaster on there and start saving for fuel system parts.

Interesting taking the ATI pump out of line made that much of a difference, maybe it went bad but its a smaller pump then what you have in the tank so who knows. You are exceeding what that pump is capable of doing anyhow.

Glad to see the blower is working OK, good luck with it but dont skimp on the fuel stuf..

Quick Reply: FOD Damage