Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

The beginning of something (TTi install)

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006 | 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Figure I would update this.

The car is running currently, but has a couple issues to sort out.

It smokes, not terrible, but more than I want. I ordered an oil restrictor from function7 and will try it out.

My crossover is too low for my taste, mainly due to that flex section. I am going to rework it for more clearance.

It has a terrible serpentine belt squeak, especially when cold. I think the main problem was the belt, but we will see.

Anyway, I am running about 7 psi. The car pulls pretty good. The tune is set real conservative at the moment: 11:1 a/f, only 14 degrees timing in boost. Once I get the above issues sorted out I will finish the tune and see how it does.

I will post up some pics of the finished install later this weekend. Might start a new thread for that.
Old 09-08-2006 | 10:51 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

You're gonna feel a huge difference when you start adding timing. At your level you'll add about 10 rwhp for every degree added.

I'm at 5psi (stock wastgate springs, no boost controller yet.) I took the timing down to 15 degrees to start with and during the tuning we saw 0 knock anywhere finally ending up with 21 degrees on most of the table and 20 on the rest.

When we started adding the timing the car turned into a monster with that alone, it wasn't as lazy and it would break traction at will through 3rd gear and would drag 20 foot of rubber in 4th if I aggressivly shifted.

I'm glad the car is running, I know the frustation you went through. Congrats man! ~Joshua
Old 09-09-2006 | 09:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey, thanks Josh. I am looking forward to finishing it up and dialing it in this weekend. Good news is that the new serpentine belt eliminated the squeak totally

I saw about your recent life events Josh, sorry to hear that man. Shitty deal without a doubt

Hope you end up keeping the hawk, it would be a shame to let it go.
Old 09-28-2006 | 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

any #'s
Old 09-29-2006 | 07:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MiaSSmaro98
any #'s
Not yet, still have not finished the tune even.
Old 02-13-2007 | 12:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

email pic to ohthreecobra@yahoo.com

I dont see them in the threads....sorry

Quick Reply: The beginning of something (TTi install)