Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

I am ordering a KB supercharger kit for a 03 z06/What else might I need?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 04:43 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am ordering a KB supercharger kit for a 03 z06/What else might I need?

Yeah, I will be ordering a Kenne Bell supercharger for a 03 Z06 here coming up shortly. What are some other things that you guys think I will be needing? Like for example, I know I will be needing a clutch but what type of clutch would be good to use? Will my rearend hold? How many pounds do you guys recomend I run on a stock bottom end? Thanks, any suggestions is greatly appricated.
Old 08-19-2006, 05:18 PM
TECH Junkie

I personally wouldnt abuse the stock bottom end that much. Only because I dont have the budget set aside for a complete shortblock, or forged rotating assembly so I'd keep the boost low initially, untill I could afford to break parts with abuse.

There are a couple of options w/ the clutch. Textralia, McLoud, Spec all have options for you. It all depends on your budget, and what you can afford as to what you can go with.

Outside of that, I'd say the next thing to worry about is fueling. Bigger injectors, a larger rail and a larger fuel pump wouldnt hurt. Personally, I'd rather have fuel overkill vs not enough.

Talk w/ the sponsers, like Bob at EPP and see what he recommends for possible upgrades to this. Those guys are good people to talk w/ about boost applications.
Old 08-19-2006, 06:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That KB SC is the **** and will make so much power that it will blow your bottom end,blow your tranny,break your halfshafts,and blow your center section. Start saving to saving to change every part on your car. Hell ,you should just build a 408 stroker. Someone has already made 801rwhp and like 841rwtq at 2300 rpm.
Old 08-19-2006, 07:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 02SOMWS6
That KB SC is the **** and will make so much power that it will blow your bottom end,blow your tranny,break your halfshafts,and blow your center section. Start saving to saving to change every part on your car. Hell ,you should just build a 408 stroker. Someone has already made 801rwhp and like 841rwtq at 2300 rpm.
I laughed pretty hard at that part for some reason... poor Zo6
Old 08-19-2006, 07:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Me too.

True though.
Old 08-19-2006, 07:18 PM
Banned

To the original poster.. what kind of hood are you going to use?

Also, you might as well buy a new copy of hptuners software with wideband O2. Make sure you have a good laptop to go with it. You'll be changing your set up so much you'll need to be able to re-tune it without paying somebody else all the time.

That blower is going to move a lot of air. You definately need a good set of long tube headers (and a full exhaust).

Oh yeah... you'll surely need some polished/chrome engine parts in addition to some Carbon Fiber/Kevlar to go along with that badboy. Take a look at my website for some ideas. www.chromeandperformance.com
Old 08-19-2006, 09:25 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 02SOMWS6
Start saving to saving to change every part on your car.

Tell me about it. I am finally done with my car. Many thousands of dollars later, including frustrations with performance shops, stranded on the road, blown tranny, blown this, blown that, etc. Never again!
Old 08-19-2006, 09:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK#608
To the original poster.. what kind of hood are you going to use?

Also, you might as well buy a new copy of hptuners software with wideband O2. Make sure you have a good laptop to go with it. You'll be changing your set up so much you'll need to be able to re-tune it without paying somebody else all the time.

That blower is going to move a lot of air. You definately need a good set of long tube headers (and a full exhaust).

Oh yeah... you'll surely need some polished/chrome engine parts in addition to some Carbon Fiber/Kevlar to go along with that badboy. Take a look at my website for some ideas. www.chromeandperformance.com
''

KB kit comes with a hood.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kinimod
''

KB kit comes with a hood.
it better...
Old 08-20-2006, 12:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Give Synergy a call, they know the KB for the vette in and out. Even helped improve some of their original kit.

They are the shop that built the one making 800+ rwhp 800+rwtq that you will soon see in the magazines.

Ask for the owner Rick, they are a reseller of KB as well so I am sure he can get you a good price.

Quick Reply: I am ordering a KB supercharger kit for a 03 z06/What else might I need?