Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

How hard would it be to make a homemade sts style turbo kit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 02:34 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JAvenger007
fenix what did you do for PCV setup? and are the 42lb just for growing? seems at 385rwhp you could get away with the stock 26lb.

IMO i think thats decent for what you spent on that turbo. Those are similar to cam only numbers and you probably spent roughly the same after considering all the bolt ons needed and still a tune. just wanted to point that out as many would just say "you could have just swapped in a cam and made the same power"....except a cam doesnt make the car sound like a jet taking off
Your also heads and fuel pump away from bumping to 8psi.

btw dump your pacesetters and go coated stock manifolds w/ ORY. Itll help your spool and maybe show a power bump.
1) the pcv i didnt touch.....i know i have to do something to it...but right now the car seems fine without modifying anything.?? im alittle lost on that until i see someone elses pcv setup.
2)i did the 42lbs just for growth in the future and for safety...the tuner told me 42lbs would be a great investment obviously because you never know what the stock 26 are doing or if they're just old and cant keep up for whatever reason(dirty etc.)
3) i already have a fuel pump cuz my fuel filter was clogged when i got the car and my stock pump went to **** a few months later...i currently have a walbro 255lph Racetronix PnP kit(have had it on for over a year, its awesome)...this is obviously a good thing to get in any performance setup
4) Yea ive been thinking about the exhaust but im not ready to swap all that out...take apart my turbo housing/oil lines/ and re-do the exhaust allllllllll over again...its running fine how it is right now, plus i threw away my stock manifolds when i was on motor and swapped for long tubes lol (dumb i know but my uncle threw them away by mistake)...i think i will just high-temp* paint the exhaust and then maybe ill wrap everything under there to keep things running hotter.
5) and yea heads are the next thing on my to-do list...im buying a set of used 6.0L and just building them, upgrading valvetrain etc etc nothing crazy just some security stuff and then ill turn the boost controller UP^^^ lol thanks for the info though
Old 08-24-2006, 01:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the details fenix.

Sounds like your on your way to a decent setup. Seems most guys just go with a catch can and breather for PCV. Are you usin a checkvalve to prevent boosting crankcase?
Old 08-24-2006, 01:57 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TchargedLS1TA
The STS universal kit is $2500, FYI... Already R&D'd and ready to bolt to anything...
what makes it a universal kit if everything is ready to bolt on lol. just joking what does it come with
Old 08-24-2006, 08:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

If you take the complete kit and remove the charge pipe, silicone and clamps, what you have left is the universal kit.
turbo, wastegate, flanges for both, steel braded feed line, return line, front and rear harness, oil pump, pressure switches, check valve, vacuum line, brass for oil return.

Quick Reply: How hard would it be to make a homemade sts style turbo kit?