Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Gathering correct parts for my build... few questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006 | 07:14 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

yea, anymore input on the PCV fix?

Also.... stall suggestions, thanks! I keep hearing under boost the ss3200 will be way too loose....

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 09-01-2006 | 03:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

ttt...still interested in this as well.
Old 09-02-2006 | 07:15 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

any STS users have any input on PCV fixes.....

Old 09-02-2006 | 07:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

1.) Should i also get a timing set? Double roller chain, etc? Also what about a ported oil pump? I know they cant hurt of course but will i need them is the question? Still havent decided if i'll be popping a turbo cam in or not

2.) Will the timing set only be needed if i get a cam or should i get it anyway?

I wouldn't bother with the above if you are staying stock cam. Stock cam will work fine in your app imo

3.) What should i do? Cathcan, breather.. i'm not educated on this so if someone could help me with what needs to be done would be great!

Catchcan and a one way checkvalve as well as plugging off the t-body fresh air fitting

Transmission - Yes i'll be on the stock 4l60-e, which i understand could be on borrowed time. I need a stall to get the most out of the STS. Currently looking at the Yank SS3200 to suit me best. Tranny cooler and trans temp guage will go in as well.

What gear are you running? are you planning to stay street mostly or strip?I would keep the converter on the smaller side

4.) Does the 3200 2.1 STR seem like a good matching stall for the turbo? any better suggestions?
see above
BOV...

5.) I am an auto yes i hear when getting into bigger boost, a BOV should still be done on an auto. My question is... Will anything be bad with having a BOV on an auto... I know that its not when Manuals let off throttle to shift and the TB blade closes, it lets off and helps turbo life, etc. I know i wont be letting off the throttle since i'm an auto but should i still look into one? BTW, it's currently on my list from TRT in my order....
I dont think a BOV is necessary in your app
Old 09-02-2006 | 07:48 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

i was just thinking valvetrain if i have some extra cash to make a few more ponies . As for stall, def more a street car, track once a month or so... Thinking 3200 ish but ive been hearing the ss3200 from yank will be too loose with a lot of torque... so i dunno which model/make to get. Thanks for the PCV help! Seems like there are a few different fixes for it

Old 09-02-2006 | 09:40 AM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

stop worrying about a problems you dont have on a system you dont have....get a setup,see how it works/acts,and go from there.
Old 09-02-2006 | 09:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

I agree somewhat with ddnspider. Do your homework on here, but eventually you will just have to get something. If you use some good judgement about parts you won't go very wrong.

If you have a stock longblock, or even a cammed longblock you will be limited on power anyway.
Old 09-02-2006 | 09:49 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

yea, but i've read for almost 100% of people with STS having issues with the PCV system.... so i figured i'd just fix it from the start. oh well, i'll see what it does. And FYI everyone, i'm setting a date of first week of Nov for my order.... so im getting there, lol.

Old 09-02-2006 | 09:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

I am not familiar with how STS does the pcv system, but there are quite a few frount mount PCV threads. Maybe you can adapt some of those ideas?