Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Magnuson F-body dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 09:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ed, just curious but what're your cam specs?
Old 10-09-2006, 10:11 PM
FormerVendor

Mine has an LPE GT2-3 cam 208/220 .571/.578 118.5

The first 10 kits will be available in a matter of a couple weeks, I'm just getting a few details worked out before I place an order

Ed
Old 10-10-2006, 06:57 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ed @ Late Model Speed
Mine has an LPE GT2-3 cam 208/220 .571/.578 118.5

The first 10 kits will be available in a matter of a couple weeks, I'm just getting a few details worked out before I place an order

Ed
Do you think the GT11 would perform better?
Old 10-10-2006, 09:41 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Somebody09
Do you think the GT11 would perform better?

Maybe, but I have always preferred more subtle cams on FI engines. I can run more boost to make more power, and more aggressive cams require more tuning to run properly.

Ed
Old 10-11-2006, 10:04 AM
TECH Resident

Are these kits the 90mm snout version? Also is a polished blower an option as well? I will def be purchasing a kit when I bring the car back out in the Spring for sure.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ed are u still going to be in the chicagoland area? i am still hoping to maybe get a ride in this car in person..let me know..Thanks
Old 10-11-2006, 01:04 PM
FormerVendor

Way to go Ed! Hopefully I can see you knock the dust off that baby at Muncie! I am planning on going if the weather cooperates.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

This dyno is the car in my sig, which is why I was a little dissappointed. This car has heads & cam, so I was expecting 30-40 more hp. But, it is an A/T, which is costing a little power. I didn't dyno it stock, so I don't have a good baseline.

To answer a couple questions:

This blower has the 78mm snout & TB.
the A/F ratio is just about perfect for a supercharged engine, it's only running 18 deg timing
I could easily add a meth injection kit to this car and run a couple more pounds of boost, which would get me closer to 500 RWHP
The production kits will all be intercooled, with a 90 MM snout, so they will make a considerable amount more power.

These blower kits are intended for the guy that has a stock, or close to stock F-body, and is looking for a maintenence free way to add 100hp/100ft lbs. Stoplight to stoplight, this thing is very hard to keep up with as it is, so 2 PSI ore would just be better!

Keep the comments coming, I know the numbers look small, but they are not indicative of how this car feels to drive.

Ed
I wouldn't feel bad about those numbers at all. The gains from the cam and heads won't be as great FI vs NA. Hell, I am only pulling 426/438 on my setup.....with the cam, etc. (also at 5PSI.) I think you're right on track.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:55 PM
FormerVendor

Well, the weather sucked today, so I didn't get to go to the track
Indiana weather, you gotta love it, 70 and sunny yesterday, raining all day today, chance of snow tomorrow!

I am going to try to run it someplace this weekend, I don't know where, but there are 4-5 dragstrips within a few hours of here, so I am going to run it one way or another!

Thanks for the comments, the kit seems to be very well recieved. Here is some of the latest information:

Production kits will be 90MM snout, intercooled (7psi) and available in satin or polished finish.

I am also including motron 60 lb injectors, Racetronix in tank pump, K&N FIPK air intake kit, and a custom EFIlive tune, but if you already have any of these items, I will give credit for those items.

The first 10 kits will be offered at a reduced price, to show appreciation to all of the members who have patiently waited for this kit. The first run of 10 kits will only be offered to LS1 Tech members, so if you've been planning a new mod, it's the perfect time of year for that next big project! A couple of the first kits have been spoken for, but there are still plenty available, and they should be delivering in the next couple of weeks!

Also, anybody considering this kit that's active military, and currently deployed, let me know and I will do whatever I can to make it an easy transaction for you.

My son and I did manage to make a cheesy video today, I'll try to figure out how to post it up, and see what you guys think.

Thanks,
Ed
Old 10-11-2006, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

ed if you want..e-mail me the vid, and i will get it on here for ya..my e-mail is 1badsscamaro@comcast.net
Old 10-11-2006, 09:24 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by JacobK
ed if you want..e-mail me the vid, and i will get it on here for ya..my e-mail is 1badsscamaro@comcast.net

Thanks Jacob, I will, I just have to figure out how to get it off my camera, and on my computer

The auction was last weekend, and I ended up not going, but next time I'm going that way, I'll email you and we can hookup.

Thanks,
Ed
Old 10-11-2006, 09:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ed,

How about us LT1/LT4 cars, any projected dates on that possible kit?

Will you be offering the larger Magnuson 122 charger?

Do you plan on trying to make a kit with other blowers... Kenne Bell, Whipple, MP122?

I really want to run one of the possitive displacement superchargers, so much so, that I have held up on buying anything else for the turbo build I had planed. Please let us LT1/LT4 guys know if we will see a kit in our future. Thanks for bringing this to fruition!

Shea
Old 10-11-2006, 09:43 PM
FormerVendor

I think I saw in one of your other threads that you will be offering this kit in/around 6500 bucks.
I think that based on the cost of the C5 kits PLUS all of the tremendous time you have put into it, you are offering the kit wayyyy to cheap.

It the ONLY P/D blower you can put in an F-Body. Why??? Because you busted your *** and made it work. Charge accordingly.

Jeff
Old 10-11-2006, 10:22 PM
FormerVendor

Good to see you feeling better Jeff!

I feel that it's important to sell these kits at an attractive price, the Corvette kits are on the expensive side already, and I've always felt that if I could do the F-body kit for a similar price, I would have a hit on my hands! I'm waiting for a couple quotes before I release my retail price, but I expect it to be in the ball park of $6,500.00 Let's face it, if a guy wanted to spend more than that, he would go with a good set of twins and make more boost.

As to the LT1/LT4 question, and bigger blowers, I will do other kits, but they are going to be more of a from scratch kit, so I'm not sure what I'll run into at this point.

I'm willing to take on one off projects, PM me if you're interested.

Thanks,
Ed
Old 10-12-2006, 05:18 PM
TECH Resident

Here is a vid I found on LS1GTO.com that gives you an idea of what we can expect. This has been a long time coming for us F-body guys wanting a positive displacement S/C http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1110576979
Old 10-12-2006, 07:30 PM
12 Second Club

OMFG whine!
Old 10-12-2006, 09:00 PM
On The Tree

I gotta have one of those
Old 02-25-2007, 04:37 PM
TECH Addict

Thumbs up

This dyno is the car in my sig, which is why I was a little dissappointed. This car has heads & cam, so I was expecting 30-40 more hp. But, it is an A/T, which is costing a little power. I didn't dyno it stock, so I don't have a good baseline.

To answer a couple questions:

This blower has the 78mm snout & TB.
the A/F ratio is just about perfect for a supercharged engine, it's only running 18 deg timing
I could easily add a meth injection kit to this car and run a couple more pounds of boost, which would get me closer to 500 RWHP
The production kits will all be intercooled, with a 90 MM snout, so they will make a considerable amount more power.

These blower kits are intended for the guy that has a stock, or close to stock F-body, and is looking for a maintenence free way to add 100hp/100ft lbs. Stoplight to stoplight, this thing is very hard to keep up with as it is, so 2 PSI ore would just be better!

Keep the comments coming, I know the numbers look small, but they are not indicative of how this car feels to drive.

Ed
Way to go Ed!

Those are impressive results if I do say so myself!

Quick Reply: Magnuson F-body dyno results