Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

bout to start a turbo project

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 02:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

255 in tank along w/ aeromotive inline, also have a aeromotive regulator that i can hook up if need be
Old 10-13-2006, 02:12 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TINKRD
255 in tank along w/ aeromotive inline, also have a aeromotive regulator that i can hook up if need be
still not enough two of them need to be intank feeding one line not one then another inline. so the max that way is 255 maybe a little more. you definitely need alot more fuel with fi. Your gonna need to redo your fuel system. and your definitely gonna need the regulator.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TINKRD
Ditch the inline, ditch the 255...Put you a weldon 2025 in the car, a -12an Bulkhead at the lower point in your stock tank and then hook up that regulator.

FI needs fueling and lots of it. Dual intank pumps isnt worth the headaches. Dont forget at least 83lb injectors.

Ill be running 96's but even those wont be enough for high boost.

*Edit*

JP, there are things in this forum that you will read and people will suggest....The concept ive built my setups around in the past has been "Keep it Simple Stupid" It goes a long way in these builds too. Start getting and fabbing up trick stuff, (dual Intanks for example) sure it may work, but its not something id suggest to run...One big external is safer, and easier to work on if issues arise.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:44 AM
9 Second Club

Dont forget the versafueler for the injectors to work with the stock PCM. Then kick the bad boy into SD 3 bar and go to town tuning!
Old 10-13-2006, 08:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
Dont forget the versafueler for the injectors to work with the stock PCM. Then kick the bad boy into SD 3 bar and go to town tuning!
True that..but ive made up my mind and sticking with an aftermarket DFI unit. Just not sure which one i want to use. Im familiar with FAST and Accel Gen 7 stuff.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:00 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,149 Likes on 747 Posts

Here are pics of my Precision GT47-88 turbo/ truck manifold setup. Speed Inc. fabbed it all up:

http://psj.ls1tech.com/gallery/main....d=10&g2_page=5

My take... If you only want like ~700rwhp, I'd look into a PT88 with the T4 flange since it will be easier to package. If you really think that you will want to run mid to low 8's someday, go with a bigger T6 flanged turbo. I'm at the very beginning stages of racing my car, but I did have it set up so that I or anyone who ownes the car could upsize to a GT55-91 turbo.

I'd say if I was doing it all over again, I'd run a 370ci motor with the same turbo I have. I'd probably run ~8.5:1.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:01 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
True that..but ive made up my mind and sticking with an aftermarket DFI unit. Just not sure which one i want to use. Im familiar with FAST and Accel Gen 7 stuff.
I just got exposed to the fast xfi and its pretty dam nice. But I really like the BS3
Old 10-13-2006, 09:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
I just got exposed to the fast xfi and its pretty dam nice. But I really like the BS3
Ive got connections with Job Spetter through a friend here locally that hes out with all the time. David Wolfe and him are also pretty good buds. Gen 7 is what he works with and pushes.

BS3 is an option since the guy that inventeded is a relative of another friend of mine. We thought about going in to buy 4-5 setups for all of our cars that are coming out in the next few months but I havent heard much talk about that lately. Everyone is tight on funds around the holidays.

Last edited by V6 Bird; 10-13-2006 at 02:44 PM.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:46 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

PT88 with T4 flange is reportedly good for up to 1200hp. GT47-88 is reportedly good for up to 1400hp. You might want to stick (at least) with the smaller 88 with your cubes so you avoid having (a) too much backpressure at the turbo and (b) running the turbo outside of it's efficiency range. I know very little about that stuff personally but have been reading. A lot of folks running singles run into 2:1 backpressure quickly since they put too small a turbo on top of their engine combo.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
PT88 with T4 flange is reportedly good for up to 1200hp. GT47-88 is reportedly good for up to 1400hp. You might want to stick (at least) with the smaller 88 with your cubes so you avoid having (a) too much backpressure at the turbo and (b) running the turbo outside of it's efficiency range. I know very little about that stuff personally but have been reading. A lot of folks running singles run into 2:1 backpressure quickly since they put too small a turbo on top of their engine combo.
Id run the gt47-88 so he can upgrade to something larger later if needed.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:54 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
I don't swing from any shops nuts...and I actually work/help with a car. What do you have to say ace?
I respect a few shops... no swinging... TRT has treated me good... so has Daniel as SQR..... So has Mike Hutto...... whats ur point? I have seen the work that comes from alot of shops... Go find one non-satisfied customer of Billys?? You wont...... know why?? He makes sure his customers are 100% happy!!!!

More then RPM, LG, Dallas Mustang, and others that have complaint lists and bad talk all over.

As far as pot and kettle. Anyone that posts props to a shop is automatically a nutswinger?? Naaaah. Billy's prices and level of service is great... so is SQR's........ meanwhile others are in Lewisville payin 600+ for a freakin cam install......

Nate...... you should know this! I also was just givin ya a hard time.

Back on topic. Sorry JP!
Old 10-13-2006, 03:56 PM
10 Second Club

*Edit*

JP, there are things in this forum that you will read and people will suggest....The concept ive built my setups around in the past has been "Keep it Simple Stupid" It goes a long way in these builds too. Start getting and fabbing up trick stuff, (dual Intanks for example) sure it may work, but its not something id suggest to run...One big external is safer, and easier to work on if issues arise.
valuable advise.... something to live by......
Old 10-13-2006, 04:01 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Here are pics of my Precision GT47-88 turbo/ truck manifold setup. Speed Inc. fabbed it all up:

http://psj.ls1tech.com/gallery/main....d=10&g2_page=5

My take... If you only want like ~700rwhp, I'd look into a PT88 with the T4 flange since it will be easier to package. If you really think that you will want to run mid to low 8's someday, go with a bigger T6 flanged turbo. I'm at the very beginning stages of racing my car, but I did have it set up so that I or anyone who ownes the car could upsize to a GT55-91 turbo.

I'd say if I was doing it all over again, I'd run a 370ci motor with the same turbo I have. I'd probably run ~8.5:1.
I dont see Power Steering... can the same setup be done to retain it?? also how many single 88 size setups are out there that retain AC??? Is the 370 w/ 8.5compression.... is that a 3.9 crank with stock bore or 3.9 crank with bore and stroke?? i dont recall? newb.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:01 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

I'm running 2 Bosch 420L external pumps. I had a single Weldon 2025 but it was loud and annoying. It was the loudest part of the car.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:09 AM
TECH Addict

I agree with you on the fuel pump, one is also easier install but two would work too. And I would go gen 7 but I'm broke this year. maybe next winter I'll swap. For now it's an injector driver with like 2 bar. no three bar for 98's. sucks but oh well it'll be only a year. and I'm gonna run some 96's also. go with the biggest turbo you can afford.

Quick Reply: bout to start a turbo project