Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

408 to 1k hp

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 11:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well if we were gonna get into timeslips i wouldnt of mentioned TIAGO's car, the thread was asking if a 408 could get a 1000hp, but your correct i would rather have the timeslips rather than a dyno sheet,
Old 10-18-2006, 05:17 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I stand back and think about it, it is really incredible.
Back in the day a big block Chevy 454 LS6 454/450 hp engine was thought to be a super high horsepowered engine! Bob
Old 10-18-2006, 07:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Check PM

But as stated, 1000rwhp and easy do not go hand in hand. And when you are dealing with that kind of modding....stuff is gonna break.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:57 PM
TECH Addict

with what we know now, it does a few bucks to get it done right... ALso, you should have enough headroom for broken parts like injectors, bad pumps, tubing, turbine a/r's... etc.

However, the information to achieve 1000rwhp is there or here acutally. If you are seriously hooked on making that much power, let say becuz you have a set suspension layout to make a solid mid/low 8 pass and mess with them pro-drag stangs, you have to address all areas of your car.

Weight, fuel, suspension, drivetrain, SAFETY equip., licensing, ...than POWER = motor/FI combo.

For example, parish's ride is a good uh, well, example. T88, 1055rwhp through a 4l80e. this is at 22psi+ and on hell of a tune. IT can be done but be prepared to HONESTLY assest how much this is gonna cost, firstly, and how much patience it will require.

Now, is the power all that important or do you have a set time you want to run? Or is this a bragging, street monster, you are trying to put together? For the street.. well, i suggest you invest as much into the suspension/drivetrain/tires as you do the motor cuz at tht power level, traction will be limited and the last thing you want to do is when you have your monster up and running, lose it racing a sissy supra and slam her into a million pieces.

good luck!! i was in your shoes a while back and im not moving from it!!! I have some strict conditions with my car right now and it maybe crazy, but im dedicated. THat is ll you need... dedication and a **** load of mula!!

laterZ!
Old 10-20-2006, 06:23 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
Prime example, his car is a straight up dyno queen. I'm not trying to knock him because his car's awesome, but he just recently got a 12 bolt which he's now selling and it doesn't have a cage. Yeah he does make over 1K+ hp, but only runs in the 11s (last I saw). Not to mention I'd be afraid to even get near that thing when he floors it for fear of the raer exploding.

the last time my car was at the track it was a single turbo. ~600rwhp. 2.2 60ft (10bolt ) that was 11s.

I do have a 12 bolt now btw. But I did that only for my safety. I haven't decided if I want to put a cage in the car or not. That doesn't make the car any slower. Not running at the track doesn't make it any slower either. I like doing hwy runs
Old 10-20-2006, 06:27 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,160 Likes on 754 Posts

1000rwhp is no joke, and will cost a lot of money.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:45 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor / 7 Second Club

About to start a 408 and twin 76 street build up. Trust me it is going to be expensive. Should make 1100 to 1200 to the tires.

Tiago you should reay put a cage in your car even for the street. Your car hauls *** and you never know what could happen on the street. After seeing Steven wreck at the track I push safety hard.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:54 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by GoldRust
About to start a 408 and twin 76 street build up. Trust me it is going to be expensive. Should make 1100 to 1200 to the tires.

Tiago you should reay put a cage in your car even for the street. Your car hauls *** and you never know what could happen on the street. After seeing Steven wreck at the track I push safety hard.

I agree. Safety is a must and it is the reason I want to put a cage in the car. At the same time, I don't want to mess up the interior, or hinder the acceess/eggress of the car
Old 10-21-2006, 01:48 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is there a rule on the position of the door bars? Such as how high they have to be or their angle? I'm sure there is, but if not I'd just get them slung all the way down by the bottom of the seat as to where they aren't in the way. I've seen some really nice unobtrusive cages that don't affect anything in the car. With Steve's and MM's crashes I think that it's opened up a lot of people's eyes as to what can really happen.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:07 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SSilverSSurfer
i think you'll hit, EPP has a thread with a 408 and a 88mm with stock heads making 920, forgot the boost, good luck buddy
Thanks, The car goes into the shop today to get started ill keep everyone posted on the progress with pics etc...
Old 10-21-2006, 09:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
Is there a rule on the position of the door bars? Such as how high they have to be or their angle? I'm sure there is, but if not I'd just get them slung all the way down by the bottom of the seat as to where they aren't in the way. I've seen some really nice unobtrusive cages that don't affect anything in the car. With Steve's and MM's crashes I think that it's opened up a lot of people's eyes as to what can really happen.
the door bars have to pass midway between your elbow and shoulder.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GoldRust

is this for you? or a customer?