Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

What are you using to relieve crankcase pressure?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 12:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 84camaroturbo
couldnt you run breathers to the exhaust and have it suck it out that way.
Yep, but it is harder to do right.
Old 10-28-2006, 01:58 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
So it sounds like I just need to ditch all the STS PCV crap right and run the setup we are talking about? What is the check valve for? To allow vaccum in the crankcase? This turbo stuff is all new to me, Im a all out N/A and nitrous kind of guy, just starting to get my feet wet in all this boost/vacuum stuff.
am I right?
Old 10-28-2006, 09:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can do that if you want. There are many ways to do this wrong and right. The previous information was just some ideas. It is up to you to make the final decision on how you do it. There are several really good threads about this in the forced induction forum which include pictures and diagrams.

Do a search on PCV in the forced induction forum and a ton of stuff will come up.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:57 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

I didnt see much pertaining to deleting the STS PCV crap. Ill do some more searching and see what I can find, Im sure someone has done it.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 84camaroturbo
couldnt you run breathers to the exhaust and have it suck it out that way.
i hope so im in the process of doing that right now well my tuner is he got two one way valves from napa auto parts and welded them to my exhust behind each turbo then ran a braided line to a T then the one line to the catch can it looks werd cause of all the vaccum lines T'ed and running to the catch can. but rick at sts says this is the best way to vent crank case with high boost I will have my car back this week ill post what find out BTW my car is a Z06 but i hope this helps
Old 11-15-2006, 09:06 PM
Staging Lane

My car is s/c and I had that problem with the dipstick blowing out. I did what mightymouse sad about pulling the tube coming from the valve cover off and sticking a filter on the end. It has worked well since then. However, I plan on going to a catch can and breather cap this winter.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:07 PM
9 Second Club

AMW Catch can or anyone you want to run. Then from the drivers side I looped it to the passanger side. Got rid of the y in the back. Just a straight shot from valve cover to valve cover. Then I capped off the passanger side PCV port on the front of the valve cover. Then capped off the port @ the TB. Then I added the LS6 valley to my motor. Ordered a metco breather and ran the catch can properly with the PCV and a checkvalve(For boost in the intake) and that took care of it. I have done this to 4 cars so far minus the checkvale (NA cars) and it works great. Cars existing without a LS6 valley cover I just come off the port on the passanger side valve cover and these car see maybe 1/4' of oil after 9 to 15 hard runs. But the intakes in these cars have no oil in them. A little expensive? Yes. But it works! Hope that helps you guys. I will add this also. I do get a little moisture in my catch can and it condense's but I just clean it out and have fun. I see about 20 + inhg on my motor when cruising with the blower. So I was having major issues with oil in the intake

Quick Reply: What are you using to relieve crankcase pressure?