Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LSX powered car (Major Spray ls1tech member) is #1 qualifier in Drag Radial Class!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 05:07 AM
7 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CHRISPY
That is Fast Eddie from our neck of the woods (Toronto)

Wade and the guys from autoworx built that car, I have seen it up close and in person a bunch of times. He owned that car since he was young (15 I think)

Car ran ~160-170mph in the 1/8th and they were just dialing it in!

Sad to see it go
I thought that was Fast Eddie.Sled28 put up some pictures of the engine build in the SBC BBC section of the site awhile ago.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got done watching all of the videos, I wish I could of been there. Major Spray was smoking fast.... Does anyone know what happened on his last run? It would of been a really good run for him and the TT Mustang for the Finals. Still though a 7.77 is damn fast, does that not put him as the fastest LSX? Looked at the ET Database and its not updated, has him a whole second slower.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

it sucked to see that gto wreck. i was standing on top of that white motorhome right next to the tower when it happened. glad to see he walked away. I took some pictures of it a few seconds before that happened.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:01 PM
11 Second Club

speaking of gto's, friday night a new body style gto spun out about 800 ft out and never touched either wall. it was a crazy race for sure. Down track sucked due to all the sand being blown under the guardrail on the track.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:07 PM
10 Second Club

should have looked me up dude, wasn't sure if you were here or not. could have checked out the ride.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:53 PM
11 Second Club

I saw it in the parking lot across the street from race rock.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:23 PM
10 Second Club

mine was parked in the grass way back down from race rock, you sure you saw it?
Old 10-30-2006, 05:40 PM
9 Second Club

me and B1er were in the show at race rock
Old 10-30-2006, 07:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
mine was parked in the grass way back down from race rock, you sure you saw it?

in the sand hole yea..lol

Last edited by promod1955; 10-30-2006 at 09:19 PM.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:57 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by promod1955
speaking of gto's, friday night a new body style gto spun out about 800 ft out and never touched either wall. it was a crazy race for sure. Down track sucked due to all the sand being blown under the guardrail on the track.
On Fri night I think it was the cold track that caused probs for Super Pro Street with way too much power for a cold track, there was no wind Fri night to blow sand on the track and right after Super Pro the 10.5 cars had there fastest runs of qualifiying late Fri night with better DA (cold air) but less hp then SPS.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:09 PM
11 Second Club

Caveman, I was basing that off of what Dave (the guy who was treating the track) told me. At one point they stopped and he hooked the blower up to his golf cart and blew off top end. Thats whos motorhome I was standing on. A little after dusk Dave measured the starting line and it was still 90 degrees. No telling what it was down track however. I'm sure the colder weather had a lot to do with it too though. If it was warmer, Im sure they wouldnt of had near the problems.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:21 PM
8 Second Club

The Vette is fast, the problem lies is that he is not running "stock suspension" the car pretty much has a 4-link in the backend. So as much as its performance is impressive, it does not fit the theme of a stock suspension class. They allowed him to run cause the stock configuration suspension is not safe. Well as that may be true its not fair to the people who work a stock suspension to be safe and take the power when you have a car like this you have to run against.

regardless its flying on that tire
Old 10-31-2006, 12:22 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,197 Likes on 770 Posts

I think he converted to an F-Body 3 link setup with a tq arm? Anyone have pics? What does he have for lower control arms? Does he have uppers too?
Old 10-31-2006, 12:37 PM
8 Second Club

Yea John it dont matter what he has, its not stock configuration, so people were bitching. I have to agree with them also, the stock suspension classes are already out of hand but to allow bending like happened here is just crazy regardless of the reasoning.
I do think being safe is important to any combo, but the vette was chosen as the car he decided to build and if its not safe with the power he is putting to it, then thats his bad for building that car. Its just not fair to give him a advantage over other racers because his car is not safe from the factory. Might as well just get it over with and allow back half cars in drag radial LOL
Old 10-31-2006, 01:27 PM
7 Second/200 MPH Club

Originally Posted by Outlaw
Yea John it dont matter what he has, its not stock configuration, so people were bitching. I have to agree with them also, the stock suspension classes are already out of hand but to allow bending like happened here is just crazy regardless of the reasoning.
I do think being safe is important to any combo, but the vette was chosen as the car he decided to build and if its not safe with the power he is putting to it, then thats his bad for building that car. Its just not fair to give him a advantage over other racers because his car is not safe from the factory. Might as well just get it over with and allow back half cars in drag radial LOL
The rules state stock type not stock. We used a 12 bolt and a torque arm used the factory mounting points for the craddle. The car was approved to run at orlando before I showed up. It was also approved for the shake down and NSCA unfortunatly I didn't make those races but I will in the future so get use to it. You can vist Neverlifts web site for photos if you like. Everyone said I was going here all the crying if I did well and the nailed it on the head. You got guys like Big Daddy and Wolf running a torque and no one is protesting them why me because I stepped up and did some thing every one thought wouldn't work? Its total BS. My self and and my team of tuners/Fabricators broke our asses to get this car to the stage and now we get rewarded with all the BS. Get over it.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:42 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by MajorSpray
The rules state stock type not stock. We used a 12 bolt and a torque arm used the factory mounting points for the craddle. The car was approved to run at orlando before I showed up. It was also approved for the shake down and NSCA unfortunatly I didn't make those races but I will in the future so get use to it. You can vist Neverlifts web site for photos if you like. Everyone said I was going here all the crying if I did well and the nailed it on the head. You got guys like Big Daddy and Wolf running a torque and no one is protesting them why me because I stepped up and did some thing every one thought wouldn't work? Its total BS. My self and and my team of tuners/Fabricators broke our asses to get this car to the stage and now we get rewarded with all the BS. Get over it.

SO if thats the case, a few cars come with factory 4-links, according to your statement thats ok cause it was factory in a car somewhere in the world. You see the point? you think Big daddy and wolfe did not get a ear full cause of the tq arm they put in? They both get protested left and right, but atleast they use the stock suspension configuration and did not change everything, they added a tq arm that is not a factory part on that car. no one said you guys did not do a good job here, but when it comes down to it you have an unfair advatage cause you guys built a car that has a weak rear suspension from the factory and re did it to make it better. I am not saying you did anything wrong and you have every right to race due to the rules, its the rules written that way that are going to wreck the DR classes and drive out the lil guys who bust *** and spend every dime they have working the stock suspensoins. Hell I can make a bolt in 4link setup for my car also, but its not the stock suspension configuration my car came with now is it?
Old 10-31-2006, 01:53 PM
TECH Resident

First off congrats. Very badass car.
The problem doesn't come from the people building the cars it comes from the people making the rules. The whole stock suspension (stock style) rules have gotten to relaxed. People with Stangs adding tq arms, F-bodies adding wishbones and coilovers, and Vettes going solid axle. They need to just say no 4-links anything else goes. Because that is the direction it is headed. If they want to call it stock anything. Then it should be limited to stock mounting points and replacement pieces only. Like everybody used to run.
Your just doing what your allowed to get away with and go as fast and safe as possible. Just like the other cars mentioned. Do I think you or anybody else with suspension mods like this should be allowed to race in a "stock susp" class. NO, but if the rule makers allow it I don't blame you.

Again, Congrats.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:55 PM
7 Second/200 MPH Club

Originally Posted by Outlaw
SO if thats the case, a few cars come with factory 4-links, according to your statement thats ok cause it was factory in a car somewhere in the world. You see the point? you think Big daddy and wolfe did not get a ear full cause of the tq arm they put in? They both get protested left and right, but atleast they use the stock suspension configuration and did not change everything, they added a tq arm that is not a factory part on that car. no one said you guys did not do a good job here, but when it comes down to it you have an unfair advatage cause you guys built a car that has a weak rear suspension from the factory and re did it to make it better. I am not saying you did anything wrong and you have every right to race due to the rules, its the rules written that way that are going to wreck the DR classes and drive out the lil guys who bust *** and spend every dime they have working the stock suspensoins. Hell I can make a bolt in 4link setup for my car also, but its not the stock suspension configuration my car came with now is it?
Why don't you take a look at the photo's and explain how my setup has a advantage over any F-body out there. The rule arn't wrecking anything look at the ladder it was a great field no one was running away with anything. Give it a rest
Old 10-31-2006, 02:11 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by MajorSpray
Why don't you take a look at the photo's and explain how my setup has a advantage over any F-body out there. The rule arn't wrecking anything look at the ladder it was a great field no one was running away with anything. Give it a rest
I have looked at the photos and dont see much of a stock configuration at all for your car in the rear. I think the list of whats factory configuration for your car is next to nothing. taking the best parts of other cars and adding them to one does not make it a level paying field. You can sit back and say whatever you want, but people protested your car for a reason now didnt they? Like myself and others have stated, its not your problem the rules are loose, but dont be suprised when the rules get tightened and you get left holding the bag.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:11 PM
10 Second Club

Paul your car is badazz bro and it flies! I was the guy that came up to you and said I'd be posting pics of your ride.

Quick Reply: LSX powered car (Major Spray ls1tech member) is #1 qualifier in Drag Radial Class!