Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LSX powered car (Major Spray ls1tech member) is #1 qualifier in Drag Radial Class!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 02:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by promod1955
in the sand hole yea..lol

HA! Yup that be my car! LOL. I was thinking it wasn't clean enough.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:15 PM
7 Second/200 MPH Club

Originally Posted by Outlaw
I have looked at the photos and dont see much of a stock configuration at all for your car in the rear. I think the list of whats factory configuration for your car is next to nothing. taking the best parts of other cars and adding them to one does not make it a level paying field. You can sit back and say whatever you want, but people protested your car for a reason now didnt they? Like myself and others have stated, its not your problem the rules are loose, but dont be suprised when the rules get tightened and you get left holding the bag.

Sorry this is a outlaw class and I just see things going the other way. Watch and see the next thing will be the weight due to chassie certs. Hope to see you out there some day
Old 10-31-2006, 02:18 PM
7 Second/200 MPH Club

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
Paul your car is badazz bro and it flies! I was the guy that came up to you and said I'd be posting pics of your ride.

I remember thanks for all the props it was an awsome time. I met up with a lot of Guys from the boards
Old 10-31-2006, 02:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default video of that crash

this is the video of that crash it was wild
http://www.yellowbullet.com/Orlando/FastEd.wmv
Old 10-31-2006, 04:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TwnTrboCE
First off congrats. Very badass car.
The problem doesn't come from the people building the cars it comes from the people making the rules. The whole stock suspension (stock style) rules have gotten to relaxed. People with Stangs adding tq arms, F-bodies adding wishbones and coilovers, and Vettes going solid axle. They need to just say no 4-links anything else goes. Because that is the direction it is headed. If they want to call it stock anything. Then it should be limited to stock mounting points and replacement pieces only. Like everybody used to run.
Your just doing what your allowed to get away with and go as fast and safe as possible. Just like the other cars mentioned. Do I think you or anybody else with suspension mods like this should be allowed to race in a "stock susp" class. NO, but if the rule makers allow it I don't blame you.

Again, Congrats.
So, mustangs don't have torque arms??
Old 10-31-2006, 09:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is there any writeups of this world's largest rear mounted turbo? i find this incredible. i am not as concerned with the rules since i dont drag race in OUTLAW drag radial classes.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:50 AM
TECH Resident

Shame to see that happen to Fast Eddie's car.. I saw it while I was up in Canada visiting with the Autoworx crew. And those two BIG thumpers on top of that bad boy was mean! That car was a true piece of art. What a shame to not be able to see it anywhere near it's full potential!
Old 11-02-2006, 11:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SO if thats the case, a few cars come with factory 4-links, according to your statement thats ok cause it was factory in a car somewhere in the world. You see the point? you think Big daddy and wolfe did not get a ear full cause of the tq arm they put in? They both get protested left and right, but atleast they use the stock suspension configuration and did not change everything, they added a tq arm that is not a factory part on that car. no one said you guys did not do a good job here, but when it comes down to it you have an unfair advatage cause you guys built a car that has a weak rear suspension from the factory and re did it to make it better. I am not saying you did anything wrong and you have every right to race due to the rules, its the rules written that way that are going to wreck the DR classes and drive out the lil guys who bust *** and spend every dime they have working the stock suspensoins. Hell I can make a bolt in 4link setup for my car also, but its not the stock suspension configuration my car came with now is it?
Give it a rest. No rules are broken. This has allways been the way of racing, evolution. If every car was an absolute clone of the other it would be pretty stale. I think having a broader field/type of car makes racing much more entertaining for those whom spectate. Now stop , and go build a car that can take Paul out, oh and good luck on that venture.
Robert
Old 11-02-2006, 11:37 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Robert56@NitrousDirect
Give it a rest. No rules are broken. This has allways been the way of racing, evolution. If every car was an absolute clone of the other it would be pretty stale. I think having a broader field/type of car makes racing much more entertaining for those whom spectate. Now stop , and go build a car that can take Paul out, oh and good luck on that venture.
Robert
I agree completely.. Competition is what brings the fastest cars out. That Alpha Male thing of having to be better. Someone will come out with a faster car next week, next month.. And I love fast cars.. So keep at it.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:47 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont think its so much being faster, its just putting a suspension in a car that never came with it. This is the only "stock suspension" class we have, and stuff like this hurts it. Whats next, putting a 4th gen front suspension on a 69 camaro? I dont think a front suspension in a 69 is very safe for how fast radial tire cars go now, but for those who decide to build a 69, thats a decision they make. Start out with a car that is safe would be a wise decision instead of using something from a different car. If you want to alter your rear suspension, put a 4link in it and run 10.5 outlaw.

on a side note, congrats major spray on how well you did and showing the potential of an ls1. I looked at your car down @ orlando it looked like a nice piece.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:54 AM
8 Second Club

Hey Robert. You might wanna research what your saying before you make a statement like that. I think I have a car that can hang tight with his Vette.

Maybe I am not clear in what my point is, maybe I am and people just don’t get it or don’t care. Maybe the theme of the drag radial history and progression is getting lost and I am just not seeing it as a positive thing.

I did not mean for my posts about the vette to be disrespect in what he has done or how fast he has gone. His performance is impressive to say the least. But my feelings are that drag radial cars are meant to be factory suspension, and that suspension may be improved for safety reasons and performance of course, but still should be the stock and factory configurations for that car.

He was approved to run at Orlando and a few other races and that’s not his fault, but the drag radial classes if they continue to do this will drive the car count down and the class will dwindle away because everyone cant lay down a 7.60 pass and if they cant most will stay home.

In my eyes what makes the DR classes cool and exciting is the fact that you are trying to lay down a ton of power on a small tire with a suspension that is limited in its ability. From a spectators view they enjoy it because the cars are wild, and with no wheelie bars its a crap shoot on getting the cars down the track without a wild wheel stand. When you allow a complete altered suspension like we are talking about here, the cars are able to controll the launches and that is a major performance advatage.

They say a picture says more then words, well here is one of a vette done by the same company that did the vette in question.

Old 11-02-2006, 12:06 PM
Banned

didnt tim lynch go 6.66@215?? with his twin turbo mustang?
Old 11-02-2006, 12:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hey Robert. You might wanna research what your saying before you make a statement like that. I think I have a car that can hang tight with his Vette.

Maybe I am not clear in what my point is, maybe I am and people just don’t get it or don’t care. Maybe the theme of the drag radial history and progression is getting lost and I am just not seeing it as a positive thing.

I did not mean for my posts about the vette to be disrespect in what he has done or how fast he has gone. His performance is impressive to say the least. But my feelings are that drag radial cars are meant to be factory suspension, and that suspension may be improved for safety reasons and performance of course, but still should be the stock and factory configurations for that car.

He was approved to run at Orlando and a few other races and that’s not his fault, but the drag radial classes if they continue to do this will drive the car count down and the class will dwindle away because everyone cant lay down a 7.60 pass and if they cant most will stay home.

In my eyes what makes the DR classes cool and exciting is the fact that you are trying to lay down a ton of power on a small tire with a suspension that is limited in its ability. From a spectators view they enjoy it because the cars are wild, and with no wheelie bars its a crap shoot on getting the cars down the track without a wild wheel stand. When you allow a complete altered suspension like we are talking about here, the cars are able to controll the launches and that is a major performance advatage.

They say a picture says more then words, well here is one of a vette done by the same company that did the vette in question.

I do understand what your saying, but if the powers to be have deemed it ok, well then may the best car/driver win. If the vette is running a f-bod type susp to be able to compete safely what's the big deal? Some one has to step up to the stangs. I new you had a car, and wasn't really trying to bust your *****, just simply saying, if you can run with that pack then do what it takes to null the percieved benfit of Paul's susp. I think that nobody would care if he wasn't running so good. Do you realise how many thousands of people are watching this series/class because of the vette being in it and capable of winning? I think it's a win win for everyone in the long run, imo.

Oh, and I understand the spectators enjoy the wildness of these cars trying to make a nice run. I grew up with my father running AA Fuel Altereds in the 60's, and talk about a wild ride/run. They would allways fill the grand stands.
Robert

Last edited by Robert56@NitrousDirect; 11-02-2006 at 12:25 PM.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TransAm6383
didnt tim lynch go 6.66@215?? with his twin turbo mustang?
Sure did.

1.Tim Lynch 6.666 @ 215.96 : 2000 Mustang, 640 Twin Turbo, Glide - Pro Line Race Engines , Cajun Pro Cars

He lost out in the finals due to problems.. He lost to Chuck Ulsch's 02 Camaro.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:50 PM
7 Second/200 MPH Club

Man

That looks just like a four link.

Too bad that isn't what is in my car. If you are going to post pictures get the facts right. You are posting pictures of leo's C4 set up and that is a four link. Why don't ypu post the photos of the C5 set up you know the 12 bolt and the torque arm. The parts on my car can be unbolted and put directly on an F-Body.

Stop the F@cken crying.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:19 PM
7 Second Club

there are huuuuge loop holes in every dragradial class.... do your home work and find ways around them.... if you arent bending rules you arent racing.... and part of heads up racing is spending a lot of money.... thats just the facts, cause every year rules change so you have to alter your own car....

if its approved to run i see nothing wrong with it... no matter if its a 4 link or a 10bolt...

good job BTW there in FL
Old 11-02-2006, 02:15 PM
TECH Resident

Its not a loophole, its a way for cars with IRS to race.

How many newer Mustangs origonally with IRS would you suppose are running in DR classes right now? None without the live axle conversion.

What the Vette's did was get the Camaro suspension like the converted sn95ne's.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:23 PM
TECH Resident

MajorSpray.. How hard was it to convert to the f-body suspension?
Old 11-02-2006, 02:35 PM
7 Second/200 MPH Club

bolt in kit pretty simple check it out @ www.neverliftracecraft.com

Call Leo with any questions
Old 11-02-2006, 02:36 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by TwnTrboCE
First off congrats. Very badass car.
The problem doesn't come from the people building the cars it comes from the people making the rules. The whole stock suspension (stock style) rules have gotten to relaxed. People with Stangs adding tq arms, F-bodies adding wishbones and coilovers, and Vettes going solid axle. They need to just say no 4-links anything else goes. Because that is the direction it is headed. If they want to call it stock anything. Then it should be limited to stock mounting points and replacement pieces only. Like everybody used to run.
Your just doing what your allowed to get away with and go as fast and safe as possible. Just like the other cars mentioned. Do I think you or anybody else with suspension mods like this should be allowed to race in a "stock susp" class. NO, but if the rule makers allow it I don't blame you.

Again, Congrats.

Well put....and agree completely

Lee Spicher
lee@bmrfabrication.com
(813)986-9302

Quick Reply: LSX powered car (Major Spray ls1tech member) is #1 qualifier in Drag Radial Class!