Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers
View Poll Results: Which would you rather own?
Twin Turbo Firehawk weekend toy
65.75%
Stock C6 as a daily driver
34.25%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

If you were me would you sell your Incon TT kit?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 09:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would also say keep the Firehawk and buy a downgraded DD. There are a lot of fun cars out there that you can buy that won't break the bank. If you are looking for a change of pace from an F-body, buy something with a little more finesse... the Solstice and A4 are good suggestions!
Old 11-06-2006, 11:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep the TT firehawk, youve had it for 3 years put alot of money and work into making it unique dont be a sell out go drive it who needs a new z06 when youve got a mint TT like yours.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Corvettes are nice but fbod's with an Incon are the ****!!!

I drive my car everyday. Sometimes over 200 miles a week. Last week was exceptional. I put 2000 miles on it going up to Chi town and back. 26mpg average with a few hard pulls on the on ramp and avoiding idiot drivers (relative term, I know).

The incon kit is sweet. very, very reliable. Doooont dooo itttt!!!
Old 11-06-2006, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sell the Firehawk and buy the vette...
Old 11-06-2006, 03:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have been in the same boat twice now. I decided to keep my WS6, and I vote keep your hawk for about the same reasons. One, your hawk is unique and they don't make these cars anymore. You have a particulary nice, last year firehawk. I also think the firehawk looks a touch more aggressive than a C6, but I do love the look of the C6.

Also, one main consideration for me in keeping my car was I did not want to get saddled with a large debt. Even if you sold your hawk and incon kit, it would still only get you about half the cost of a C6. Maybe that is no big deal, but it sounds like you have somewhat of a bugdet to adhere to.

Just my input. Either way you go it will probably be fun
Old 11-06-2006, 06:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I digress!!
Old 11-06-2006, 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hmmm, well I'm fortunate enough to have a TT SS and a Z06. I think about selling both and getting a C6 Z06 everyday, but I have to say that every car gets aged after awhile. Except what you put your hard work into. I don't think I could ever really bring myself to sell my SS cause I've done 99% of the work on it, and you tend to feel different about something that you've changed vs. something that is really sweet, but you can't say that you've done that much to enhance the car. IMO a well put together fbody will turn just as many heads as any vette or whatever. Keep your car man. Its a online celebrity, if you buy a vette its going to be nice, but I'm not sure if you have the money to turn it into what you have now. If you do thats cool, but vette tax sucks!!
Old 11-07-2006, 10:53 AM
TECH Resident

Keep the 'hawk; it's worth much more to you (both in $$ and in pride) than it is to anyone else... so if you sell it, you'll have less $$ in your hand than you should. I think driving a 'vette is a real statement, and you should think about if that statement matches up with who you are. Your 'hawk is unique X 5, and IMO you shouldn't give that up lightly to join the masses driving late model vettes.

I agree with the line from above: it comes down to telling someone "this is what I bought" vs. "this is what I BUILT".

Stick it out for another year with your LT1 and save up for a nice DD that's 1-2 years old and already undergone its worst depreciation. Maybe a GTO?
Old 11-07-2006, 03:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

buy the c6 and do a twin turbo on that then you have the best of both worlds
Old 11-08-2006, 07:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK#608
I'm single again and I'm wanting to play the dating game. Having a gemstone of a Firehawk locked in the garage is something I take pride in, but I'm thinking a daily driver C6 would be a better choice for a 26 year old bachelor...

Here's the color/wheels I want.... how about this?
i was a 26 year old bachlor with a '04 Z06 brand new 11/03. trust me it doesnt matter wtf you drive when you meet a girl, if that is one of the their first 5 questions when you meet. Then you dont need a stinky bitch like that.

girls ask me what i do?

answer:
sometimes ill say im unemployed.... most of the time i say im an avon salesman, im the number one mens cologne salesmen in the US. i get a blank stare and a look that i cant describe, they just stand there quietly, not know what to say next.

IF they ask me what i drive?
answer:
Geo Metro, navy blue, with a CD player, ac and it pulls 47 mpg down on the highway.

Oh and where do i live... this is the best... with my mom!
All not true but i want to see how long they stick around and if they really like me or not, hahahahaha. And ask if i was just joking which I am.

weekend car is when your playing the game anyway keep it and pay it off! why put yourself in debt up to 40k for a used C6?????? ANd you know you will mod it out cause its not as fast as the Firehawk.

If you were close to me, id let you take my '04 Z06 with a fresh 403 for a spin, you would probably consider buying a used '01-'02 Z06 for 20k less than a C6 and then put a 403 in it and drive it daily. Mine is pulling down a legit 30+mpg on the highway.

Last edited by Blown04Z06; 11-08-2006 at 08:10 PM.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RW99
Keep the 'hawk; it's worth much more to you (both in $$ and in pride) than it is to anyone else... so if you sell it, you'll have less $$ in your hand than you should. I think driving a 'vette is a real statement, and you should think about if that statement matches up with who you are. Your 'hawk is unique X 5, and IMO you shouldn't give that up lightly to join the masses driving late model vettes.

I agree with the line from above: it comes down to telling someone "this is what I bought" vs. "this is what I BUILT".

Stick it out for another year with your LT1 and save up for a nice DD that's 1-2 years old and already undergone its worst depreciation. Maybe a GTO?
would you like to elaborate more about driving a vette is a real statement and make sure it matches up with who you are? your such a profiler! that IMO you now fall into the stereotype of the general masses of those who drive a f-body. trailor park living, mullet wearing, toothless, jobless jack *** living off well fare but holding on to the one last thing, his car, his pride and joy. your a jack *** for making such remarks. the f-body is a massly produced car, many times more made than a vette. Although the largest mass produced vette was the C5 97-2004. GM never thought it was going to be such a popular selling car when they came out with it in 1997.

i have several friends who have felt like the need to upgrade from a f-body to a vette and dont regret it!
Old 11-08-2006, 08:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I won't comment on the other postings here but I will say that some of the advice passed on is amazing

These cars are becoming increasingly hard to sell if they are is super condition (like yours), there are many posers but few buyers. Banks won't loan the asking prices and potential buyers seldom have the available funds. Hopefully you'll find the right buyer. But, your car makes one hellava hot-rod. If you still care for It don't let it go. Stock vettes are a dime a dozen and can always be had.

I talked to one of my contacts who was considering buying my car (I'm holding on to it for now and plan some winter upgrades - but may eventually sell). I mentioned your selling of the incon kit (he is a buyer of incon kits, I think he has has a few right now) and he had some comments I could pass on to you in a PM if you are interested.

Good luck with your projects!

Last edited by DaveSchott; 11-08-2006 at 08:36 PM.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:08 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blown04Z06
would you like to elaborate more about driving a vette is a real statement and make sure it matches up with who you are? your such a profiler! that IMO you now fall into the stereotype of the general masses of those who drive a f-body. trailor park living, mullet wearing, toothless, jobless jack *** living off well fare but holding on to the one last thing, his car, his pride and joy. your a jack *** for making such remarks. the f-body is a massly produced car, many times more made than a vette. Although the largest mass produced vette was the C5 97-2004. GM never thought it was going to be such a popular selling car when they came out with it in 1997.

i have several friends who have felt like the need to upgrade from a f-body to a vette and dont regret it!
Such wonderfull insight.

I think this thread is done..

Quick Reply: If you were me would you sell your Incon TT kit?