Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharger rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 08:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Procharger rebuild

The reason I need to pull it apart is my blower pulley came loose and beat the keyway up some in the shaft . Now I am thinking of pulling it out and having it re-keyed but with two keys being 90* of each other. Does anyone know of any reason this can't be done?

I have searched and search but can not find the post where I read a long time ago that someone had rebuilt their head unit. They had listed the bearing #'s and seals. Does anyone know what post I am talking about or know the part numbers and what is involved in rebuilding it.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:45 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you only need to run one key (that all I use anyhow and there is 2 keyways on my D1 180* apart), both keyways got torn up on the shaft or yours only has one?

I remember the post someone had about the seal part numbers but I cant find it either.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:44 AM
On The Tree

Yeah, my P1 only has one key on the shaft.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:49 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would send it to ATI and have them fix it and rebuild it while they have it.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:08 AM
kp
8 Second Club

I took a P600B apart and put it back together years ago, not really much too it and I cant imagine the SC series being much different. If the seals were OK I would just pull it apart and get the key cut at a local machine shop and put it back together. I'm in too much of a hurry to do stuff, i would have had it in pieces already lol.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:43 AM
On The Tree

Well, the car is down anyway doing the fmic set up and the fuel system to prepare for the next step. As far as the the shaft that's what I am wanting to do, but go ahead and have a second keyway cut. It also needs to be about an 1/2" longer for the 8 rib the way mine has to be spaced. I about certain that my bracket is warped, so I am having one made of steel.

I'm sure I can find the #'s on the bearings and seals once apart? I just can't see sending it to ATI for the time and money when it's something that can be done yourself. I had just remembered reading the post where the guy had done a little write up on it and figured if can find it I could get an idea of what I am getting into you know. I hate going into things blind.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:49 AM
kp
8 Second Club

I understand, I remember the post a while back..
Old 11-07-2006, 11:07 AM
8 Second Club

The seals and bearing are easily replaceable on the pulley shaft-I have the part #'s if you need them. But why is it you need another key way made?
Old 11-07-2006, 11:52 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Vortech
The seals and bearing are easily replaceable on the pulley shaft-I have the part #'s if you need them. But why is it you need another key way made?

Yeah, the part# would be great. The key and the keyway in the shaft got beat out pretty bad when the bore in the pulley wore out. It allowed the pulley some how to rock back and fourth I'm assuming, so it eventually beat up the key and keyway so the more they wore the more slack it had. I really am not for sure what the first step was that led to this chain events. I guess the bolt may of backed out just a tad and let the pulley move in and out which wore the bore out and made it sloppy, then which started to get the key, then the more it moved and the more it beat on the key and way? The only thing is that the bolt was tight, I actually thought is was going to break the whole time I as taking it out. Which it did pull a few threads off the end of the bolt coming out. I had to run a tap back through it a little at a time to clean up the threads.
Got to take a breath! So yeah, I don't have clue, just strange stuff.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:18 PM
8 Second Club

The bearings on the pulley shaft are KOYO 6206 bearings-I'll get you the front seal # tomorrow-I have a few sitting at work. You don't want to mess with the impeller bearings if at all possible-they come in matched sets and are pricey. If i get around to it I'll make up a DIY write up but you will need some special tools to press the impellar off-defintely not a do it in your garage job.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:37 PM
On The Tree

Thanks, sounds good. you can either post them up or pm them to me. Yeah, I'm not going to mess with the impeller, I just need to get the Pulley shaft out and fixed.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:47 PM
8 Second Club

Front seal is a SKF 11625
Old 11-10-2006, 08:39 AM
On The Tree

Thanks man.

Quick Reply: Procharger rebuild