Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Solution for the ATI heating inpaired: Be Cool

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 03:32 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

This is why we installed a Be Cool radiator in the ProCharger 402 T/A we recently finished up. While working on this car, my guy's discovered a problem that could of caused a disaster at the track. It is hard to see the cranks in the plastic tank in these two pictures, but they are there. This car has a lot of miles on it (170k+), so it isn't too surprising to find things like this. Luckily we found the cracks, as it could of made for one huge water burnout!

Old 11-10-2006, 10:09 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ninetres
Bump for current operating temps and driving conditions!

I do not have a real time temp gauge or any other way to check the temps, however the car will not overheat any longer in any type of driving (with the a/c on).
Old 01-20-2007, 11:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for the resurection... but I have a question.

What do you guys think would be a better idea:

Stock radiator with the SDCE shroud and fans. (pullers) SDCE Shroud

BeCool HUGE aftermarket radiator and pusher fans, I dont think this one will work with puller fans because there isnt enough clearance with the D1SC. BeCool Radiator

or

Fluidyne aftermarket radiator with either dual puller spals or the SDCE dual puller fan setup. Fluidyne

Thanks..
Old 01-21-2007, 12:48 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
I do not have a real time temp gauge or any other way to check the temps, however the car will not overheat any longer in any type of driving (with the a/c on).

How do you know how hot its getting? ****, my stock temp gauge reads under 210 with verified coolant temps over 220. You might not be running near as cool as you thought.
Old 05-26-2007, 12:43 AM
TECH Junkie

:bump:
Old 05-26-2007, 01:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Avengeance
Sorry for the resurection... but I have a question.

What do you guys think would be a better idea:

Stock radiator with the SDCE shroud and fans. (pullers) SDCE Shroud

BeCool HUGE aftermarket radiator and pusher fans, I dont think this one will work with puller fans because there isnt enough clearance with the D1SC. BeCool Radiator

or

Fluidyne aftermarket radiator with either dual puller spals or the SDCE dual puller fan setup. Fluidyne

Thanks..
Does the BeCool fit with a D1SC with the Ati fan puller or not?

It was my understanding it does. Am installing this weekend and don't want to waste my time removing the stock radiator and attempt to install the BeCool if I have to start hacking to get it to fit.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:33 AM
TECH Junkie

I'm installing my Be Cool this weekend as well.. but I'm stock with no FI so it should be a bit easier for me... :crosses fingers:
Old 05-26-2007, 05:34 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Smile

Originally Posted by dlandsvZ28
Does the BeCool fit with a D1SC with the Ati fan puller or not?

It was my understanding it does. Am installing this weekend and don't want to waste my time removing the stock radiator and attempt to install the BeCool if I have to start hacking to get it to fit.
Yes, it fits with the ATI fan assembly. Bob
Old 05-26-2007, 07:07 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
Plus 1 on this answer. That is the combo I use. I have some pictures posted somewhere in ls1tech.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
Thanks Bob for clarification.

Will be calling you this next week to order your FMIC kit.

duwayne
Old 04-28-2009, 08:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i used the becool radiator with my setup and still hot with only 60degree air temp.... i have to figureout the cure before summer hits and i cant drive my car!
Old 04-28-2009, 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow - old thread.

Update:

I installed the BeCool along with a Spal 16 inch Extreme 3000 CFM puller fan replacing the ATI 16 inch fan along with replacing the ATI 3 1/2 dual intercoolers with Epp's FMIC kit.

Car runs OK but it has risen to 220 (1998 Z28 with a real temp guage) with the AC on. I also replaced the Meziere ewp with a stock pump due to the fact that the BeCool and ewp would not fit due to the longer snout on the ewp.

Time will tell if the BeCool will maintain temps of 220-230 this summer in stop and go traffic with the AC on.

If it can't then I have three options left.

1) Reinstall a smaller 9 inch puller fan on the ATI shroud.
2) Install a pusher fan on the AC condenser to help cool the condensor. It's the heat from the AC condenser blowing off the condensor directly into the fins into the radiator that cause the temps to elevate so quickly past 230 after you turn on the AC. Turn off the AC and the temps will come down.
3) Replace the coolant with evans coolant. Evans doesn't boil.

The cheapest of the three choices would be to replace the coolant with Evans. Since Evans aids in pulling heat from the heads more efficiently than regular coolant due to the fact there isn't any water in the coolant to create steam pockets I think this might be my first choice. Since Evans doesn't require a pressurized system it should also stop the boiling which has occured after shutting the car off forcing boilover into the overflow tank.

Read how Evans coolant works compared to 50/50 coolant. It explains how it transfers heat more efficiently than normal water and coolant.

http://www.evanscooling.com/main27.htm

Tip: Make sure your ac condenser is clean on the bottom. It gets filled with sand and gravel in the fins. It's not big enough as it is and loosing surface area on the bottom of the condenser reduces even more its efficiency.

Last edited by dlandsvZ28; 04-28-2009 at 08:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Solution for the ATI heating inpaired: Be Cool