Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Congrats, all you guys finally convinced me to buy a turbo

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 08:55 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2001-WS6
Nice truck KP. My 2004.5 LLY had the full MBRP exhaust and Edge/Attitude on after 500 miles. Trust me, as good as it feels right now, running low 14s in a 7000 lbs tow vehicle with two mods will put a smile on your face.

HP Tuners has been plenty of fun to play with on the truck too.

Rick
I may play with it when EFIlive comes out with it, plusI have newer HPT here too if that works so I'm covered there. Just dont have enough time (or money) to spend between two projects right now But I like the truck, always wanted one
Old 11-21-2006, 07:27 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kp
I may play with it when EFIlive comes out with it, plusI have newer HPT here too if that works so I'm covered there. Just dont have enough time (or money) to spend between two projects right now But I like the truck, always wanted one
HPTuners is coming out with the software for the LBZ models in the first quarter of 07! Yeah I am pretty excited about that. Already started looking into beefing up my tranny in a year or so with a few more bolt ons and more boost! I wouldn't mind getting the truck in the mid 13s. First order of business is running with and without the programmer...

Enjoy it KP.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:19 PM
9 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mahhddgtp
Do you know when you start running into tranny problems with the Allison? Around a certain ET or Power level?

I'd be worried that I'd need a Suncoast if I ever got a diesel running high 13's/low 14's
It's like any other auto, some have good luck and some don't.

I've been running mine as a daily driver on Stage 5 for the Edge for around 1.5 years. The only time I turn it down is to stage 3 to tow the car. It probably has 20-30 pass on Stage 5 in 2wd and 4wd at track that way too. She's getting tired but she hasn't given up on me yet.

There are plenty of people though that just don't have the luck I've had on the stock trans and rip them up with less power. The Allison controller just has a bad habbit of out thinking itself when it's learning a new power setting. So it's best to pick one you like and stick with it.

Rick

Quick Reply: Congrats, all you guys finally convinced me to buy a turbo