Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

How come so few 1500hp LSx's?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 12:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think its because if u have more power than a monster truck than u might be dancing with the devil alittle!
Old 12-28-2006, 12:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PurEvl
i dont know whats more of a joke, your info, your sig, or you. If you add all those badass cars you got there it still dont make 1500hp. Build one then tell us, otherwise, shut your baby batter holster
Old 12-28-2006, 12:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by smokinHawk
your so full of crap. yes there are a few supras making 1500rwhp, but its only about two or three. they run a respectable mid to high eights, it has costed them over 100k to get there, i have read the supra forums, go look it up they have it on most of their stickies (except the part about the cost). you cant make that much power easy, it has taken alot of pain for them to get there, many blown engines and alot of supra drama.

next for all those 6 second supra "platform" cars you mentioned, they are full tube chaisis cars, not really the same class, they didnt even start out from a titled car. has a titled supra got into the 6's? we got W2W's casper.

most of us ls1tech guys dont car about the HP they make, they are only concered about running the number, most big players here dont even get dynoed.. we have worm boy, the ohio boys, major spray and tom F'n keif, all running low eights or high-mid sevens on stock suspension running rounds, not one pass wonders.

25psi you are so close to a ban for your trolling and misinformation, you need to pipe down

How am I trolling when the place that is building my car works predominately on supras! I know how much it cost becuase they go in and out the shop all the time. Before I bought my 350z and turboed it, I considered buying a supra. I took the time to piece everything together price wise to see how much it would be to build a 1100rwhp car. It is not as expensive as people make it out to be. Theres nothing special you would need to do to prep the motor for 40+psi of boost besides the parts I already listed.

You cant compare LS1 motor wise to a 2jz. Sorry! IT's easier to make power, block is more stout, the motor overall is more efficient!

If you want to ban me for posting what it would cost to make 1500hp out of a supra, go ahead! There's nothing wrong with what I did. Your upset becuase it cost more for you to make that much power. This is the only reason I see for your conclusion.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PurEvl
i dont know whats more of a joke, your info, your sig, or you. If you add all those badass cars you got there it still dont make 1500hp. Build one then tell us, otherwise, shut your baby batter holster

People on this site know me. They know what cars I have. If you think I seriously own an Enzo, your an idiot! What would I be doing with a 350z,mr2 and a Tahoe if I owned such a car!
Old 12-28-2006, 12:41 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 25psi
How am I trolling when the place that is building my car works predominately on supras! I know how much it cost becuase they go in and out the shop all the time. Before I bought my 350z and turboed it, I considered buying a supra. I took the time to piece everything together price wise to see how much it would be to build a 1100rwhp car. It is not as expensive as people make it out to be. Theres nothing special you would need to do to prep the motor for 40+psi of boost besides the parts I already listed.

You cant compare LS1 motor wise to a 2jz. Sorry! IT's easier to make power, block is more stout, the motor overall is more efficient!

If you want to ban me for posting what it would cost to make 1500hp out of a supra, go ahead! There's nothing wrong with what I did. Your upset becuase it cost more for you to make that much power. This is the only reason I see for your conclusion.
This is a tech section. Discussion should be based around the LSx platform.
The title of this post is "How come so few 1500hp LSx's?" not "Supras
are more stout than LSx's."

Cost is pretty much irrelevant when building a 1500rwhp car. If you
have to ask how much it's going to cost to build, to race, and to maintain
it...you can't afford it.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Indeed. I concour!
Old 12-28-2006, 12:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

How am I trolling when the place that is building my car works predominately on supras! .
Wow the shop you get work done at tunes Supras, I guess that makes you a certified Internet Supra tech expert. Ill send your diploma in the mail later.

.. The shop that works on my single engine airplane also works on jets, so I know what i am talking about when it comes to jets now.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:03 PM
FormerVendor

It's sad that with 1500rwhp the supra's are still in the 8's while lsx cars with under 1500hp at the flywheel are in the 7's.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by lt1camaroman93
It's sad that with 1500rwhp the supra's are still in the 8's while lsx cars with under 1500hp at the flywheel are in the 7's.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

People on this site know me. They know what cars I have. If you think I seriously own an Enzo, your an idiot! What would I be doing with a 350z,mr2 and a Tahoe if I owned such a car!

Well your comparing a ******* supra to an ls1 so anythings possible, in order for a supra to even go in the 8's its needs a th400 you clownshoe.

So a supra shop is building your car huh, sweet, should be could for 1khp and 12's. Mean roll racing camaro, coming at ya. Pro stock, nine ball, they have met and know me as well, doesnt mean your post is any less gay.

Heres a better title for you next time,

"How come im a cocktruffle with an ls1 when i suck supras nuts"
Old 12-28-2006, 01:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

LOL @ cocktruffle Thats a new one.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:13 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brad8266
LOL @ cocktruffle Thats a new one.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

first off saying that you cant compare a lsx to a 2jz both factory blocks have been in the 6's. and saying that the 2jz is overall more efficient, come on wheres the torque?

you are being consider for a ban cause you post false info. you have no idea on how to build a fast car, all you know is how to look up prices on websites and build a fast internet car, what have you built with your own hands? what have you installed? alot of our members here fabricate things themselves, build their cars themselves. you just copy and paste prices from websites.
its funny how you think that you can just price out a 1100rwhp car by looking around the net. once you dig into the car you would find out that it would take about double what you estimated.

and with this i give a
this topic is done

Quick Reply: How come so few 1500hp LSx's?