Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Rear mount parts list, am I missing anything?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 02:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is a pretty good deal on the cam. Just about what I sold mine for.

I can't wait either. Just kinda piecin things together on mine and hopin to have tuned and ready by mid February or so.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:10 PM
Staging Lane

I think my pump just gave up the ghost I'm changing it this weekend. My pump is about 3yrs old and one of there original pumps. I was told they were the cheap ones, I've got a newer pump that is supposed to be a higher quality out of a newer STS kit. The white pump at the end of the posted link is the pump STS uses, or at least its an exact match to the one I have to install.

Last edited by Devil's Due; 01-19-2007 at 03:19 PM.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:13 AM
Teching In

Any pics of this set up
Old 01-21-2007, 09:45 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by fuelinjected 427
Any pics of this set up
Pics of my setup?

I have several pics of the work to-date. I have all of the stainless fabricated to the turbo. I haven't started on the charge pipe yet, that will be next weekends project. I'll post lots of lots of pics when it's all finished.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think my pump just gave up the ghost I'm changing it this weekend. My pump is about 3yrs old and one of there original pumps. I was told they were the cheap ones, I've got a newer pump that is supposed to be a higher quality out of a newer STS kit. The white pump at the end of the posted link is the pump STS uses, or at least its an exact match to the one I have to install.
so it seems theyve revamped their pumps to last longer/perform better vs an older design. The link mentioned a few of the updates like bronze and spur gear designs that seem to work better for turbo apps.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:53 AM
Staging Lane

I finished the car a couple weeks ago. Everything turned out very nice, I've driven it every day with no issues other than one of the Walbro pumps failed a few days after startup. Its at 9psi now and feels good, however the cam/nitrous convertor is too loose for boost. Waiting on a restalled unit.

Phil Smith out of Ashland Ky came down and helped me with the 2 bar SD setup, and some street tuning. I'm using Autronic WB for now until I can get an AFX or PLX of my own. We put it on the dyno, but the convertor was pissed off, and it didn't put down much power, but it does feel good on the street. It's never put down any power on the dyno anyway.

I'm going to take it to the track Sunday and see what it will run. I'll probably splash a few gallons of C16 in with the 93 just to be safe. I'll post up the results.

Here's a little clip from one of the dyno runs.

http://videos.streetfire.net/recentv...eb00022fad.htm
Old 03-24-2007, 11:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

I agree with Zombie The resistor is a terrible way to slow down a motor. I would recomend going with a PWM controller. I've been running mine for a 2-3 years now. I took the motor apart just to inspect it, and the brushes had like 85% of their life left. Running the motor WOT all the time wil be loud and shorten its life alot.
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-DC-Motor-Spe...QQcmdZViewItem

Yuo will need a little electrical knowledge to hook this up but F that resistor
Old 03-24-2007, 11:23 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2002ws-6
I agree with Zombie The resistor is a terrible way to slow down a motor. I would recomend going with a PWM controller. I've been running mine for a 2-3 years now. I took the motor apart just to inspect it, and the brushes had like 85% of their life left. Running the motor WOT all the time wil be loud and shorten its life alot.
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-DC-Motor-Spe...QQcmdZViewItem

Yuo will need a little electrical knowledge to hook this up but F that resistor
Could you elaborate on what's required to use the PWM controller to vary the return pump speed? Is there an input on the PWM controller that references some engine variable (i.e rpm, boost, etc) and automatically indexes pump speed, or do you setup a two speed speed system using the PWM controller to reduce speed under light load, and use a pressure (hobbs) switch to switch to full voltage under heavier load (boost)?
Old 03-24-2007, 11:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Its just a 2 speed setup There is a potentiometer that you use to set the slow speed. Then just like the factory hobbs switch setup, it gets bypassed to go full speed under boost. But think about it your only boosting maybe 1or 2 % of the time. On my personal car I modified the PWM to switch between two different potentiometers, So I can set high and low speed and at how much boost pressure it switches between the two. Its set to .5 psi right now.

Quick Reply: Rear mount parts list, am I missing anything?