Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

C5 Procharger bracket on F-body?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 03:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 6techniques
yeah, I was wondering, whats going on with that?
You of all people should know what's going on . I don't know where it is right now but I do know it will be in Milwaukee on monday. You have a PM sir.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:44 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bird-Of-Prey
Well I've thought long and hard about what would be the smartest thing to do as far as FI goes. The truth is I really enjoy driving my car. I'm not building a track only car and I want to drive it more than just on weekends. When it comes to reliability, ease of install and the lack of headaches that seem to plauge most turbo guys, it was a no-brainer for me to decide to go Procharged. I'm seriously thinking of using the A&A C5 bracket though. As Inspector12 said I could just shim it out to mate up with my drive pullies and should be ok. I do have my radiator support cut and I don't see a problem with it fitting. Look at the pic below of a huge T6 flanged tubo where I'm wanting to put the charger.

what exactically did you you use/do to mount your coils there... i love that and i've been looking for pictures of that...
do you have anymore pictures of each coil that a are closer?
Old 01-11-2007, 06:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ty_ty13
what exactically did you you use/do to mount your coils there... i love that and i've been looking for pictures of that...
do you have anymore pictures of each coil that a are closer?
I just used some threaded rod (5/16" I believe) and some spacers to make the bracket and mounted them to the inner fenders. You also have to extend the wire harness.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:25 PM
11 Second Club

I've been looking into the same Procharger set up on an F-Body LS1 engine. I cant use the LS1 F-Body Procharger due to the lack of room on the drivers side. Mine is an LS1 in a 92 Camaro. Setting the procharger up on the passenger head is the only option for me. If someone figures out the bracketry for it they would make a killing from the thirdgen LS1 guys and probably alot of other Hybrid guys. I cant run C5 accessories dut to the steering box on the 92.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:16 PM
TECH Resident

Look at the GTOs on this page: http://www.procharger.com/gallery/se...et=2&offset=10

Do you think you might have the room for that kind of setup?
Old 01-16-2007, 06:10 PM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

Im surprised nobody has answered specifics.

The vette accessory drive, sits 1" closer to the engine. The water pump is the same though.

Crank pulley, PAS, alternator brackets are obviously different.

Pretty sure both A&A and ECS offer 8 rib upgrades for their Vortech and Paxton blower kits respectively.

ECS also do a 10 rib, which on a Vette, is a very very tight squeeze due to steering rack location. I would guess that it would be a doddle on an F-Body though.

The obvious place to ask or look for pics, is here.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zeroforum?id=86
Old 01-16-2007, 06:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for your input. I think that alot of guys aren't shouting out answers because nobody has actually done it. There are already kits for the F-body so no need to fab one up. I for one don't like those kits and want to do a custom mount. Everybody pretty much already anwered my questions in their replies. As far as room to mount it there, I have enough in my setup. As long as there are no little differences other than the pully alignment, I should be ok. All I would really have to do is take the spacers that come with the kit and have a machine shop make me up some that are identical but 1" or so longer. Don't have any info on the ECS setup, but I like the A&A package and I think most guys who have it have said it works very good.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you can space it out, that might work since the same type of tensioner setup is used in the same place. The ATI bracket uses a stock tensioner mounted to the bracket... Just make sure the pullies line up and should work..
Old 01-16-2007, 10:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Steve01SS
If you can space it out, that might work since the same type of tensioner setup is used in the same place. The ATI bracket uses a stock tensioner mounted to the bracket... Just make sure the pullies line up and should work..
Does the new ATI bracket have an idler pulley with it like the A&A does? I've heard good things about the new ATI bracket but the A&A comes with a new tensioner and idler pulley. It's also designed to have alot more wrap around the headunit pulley than the original Procharger.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:48 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Bird-Of-Prey
Does the new ATI bracket have an idler pulley with it like the A&A does? I've heard good things about the new ATI bracket but the A&A comes with a new tensioner and idler pulley. It's also designed to have alot more wrap around the headunit pulley than the original Procharger.
No it doesn't as its not necessary. The ATI StageII bracket has its own tensioner and the bracket was designed for max belt wrap without an additional idler. An additional idler is an idler that will have to be replaced someday.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by andereck
No it doesn't as its not necessary. The ATI StageII bracket has its own tensioner and the bracket was designed for max belt wrap without an additional idler. An additional idler is an idler that will have to be replaced someday.
You have my attention. Please explain more. Do you have a pic of this bracket? Does one of the sponsors sell it individually? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:42 PM
TECH Resident

If you can wait till tomorrow I'll get you a link to a site that shows the A&A ECS and ATI brackets naked so you can see the differences. Yes, any sponsor that is an ATI dealer on here can get the bracket assembly seperately. Bob at Exotic is one of them. He can get you a price.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thank you. Waiting patiently.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you already have the C5 brackets? I have a set if you need them.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:51 AM
TECH Resident

Okay, it doesn't show the ECS stuff and its the older A&A setup so the link is a bit dated. Sorry about that, but you might get something from it.

http://www.houseofboost.com/bracket_comparison.html
Old 01-17-2007, 11:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Its not going fit unless you move the radiator to a vertical position. The regular ATI system head unit sits by the alt where the radiator is angled at the bottom and that barely fits. Your wanting to mount it at the top where the radiator is closest to the engine. I have already tried it, I even ordered a A&A bracket for the measurements. Good luck.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by andereck
Okay, it doesn't show the ECS stuff and its the older A&A setup so the link is a bit dated. Sorry about that, but you might get something from it.

http://www.houseofboost.com/bracket_comparison.html
Excellent info! Thank you. After seeing this I think I'm more inclined to go with the new Procharger bracket instead.

redrumss is your bracket the newer style? How much are looking to get out of it? Shoot me a PM.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MstgKillr
Its not going fit unless you move the radiator to a vertical position. The regular ATI system head unit sits by the alt where the radiator is angled at the bottom and that barely fits. Your wanting to mount it at the top where the radiator is closest to the engine. I have already tried it, I even ordered a A&A bracket for the measurements. Good luck.
See the pic a few posts up. Radiator support is already cut. I have about 11" from where the tensioner pully is to where the radiator is.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:31 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know nobody has posted about this lately but is there an update?? I am curious as well because I am unsure about using only 2 bolt hole's in the bracket on my 6 litre iron block as well.I don't think it will be any big deal using the c5 bracketry as long as you convert your accesoris as well.I believe this is the way i am going to go.???
Old 02-05-2007, 08:55 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by HUNTER02SS
i know nobody has posted about this lately but is there an update?? I am curious as well because I am unsure about using only 2 bolt hole's in the bracket on my 6 litre iron block as well.I don't think it will be any big deal using the c5 bracketry as long as you convert your accesoris as well.I believe this is the way i am going to go.???
"Head Mounting:
From Photo 1 you can see that the A&A bracket is held off the cylinder head with 2 tube spacers and two bolts off the water pump. The ProCharger bracket has no spacers, and bolts a 1 3/4" chunk of billet right to the face of the cylinder head itself."

there is only 2 bolts that hold the bracket on the A&A setup... makes you think, huh?

im not gonna worry about my 2 bolts in my iron block unless i see belt dust or any other small maintenance issues around the blower...

Quick Reply: C5 Procharger bracket on F-body?