Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers
View Poll Results: Who makes a betetr quality HEAD UNIT. (head unit only)
Vortech is the superior blower
16.98%
Procharger is the superior blower
83.02%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Who makes a better blower head unit, vortech or procharger?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 10:02 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rmcr makes a kit to hold the ysi tim and a cog pulley set up for it aswell.

we just did there kit on a customers car and it should make 650 or so whp on pump gas with an easy tune, its at the dyno shop right now

Last edited by frcefed98; 03-01-2007 at 08:57 PM.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:13 AM
10 Second Club

have pics of that, what hood did you end up using on that car?
Old 01-19-2007, 12:19 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by blown454ss
www.rmcrperformance.com
we just did there kit on a customers car and it should make 650 or so whp on pump gas with an easy tune, its at the dyno shop right now
RMCR has not done the cog yet. Atleast thats the run around Ive been getting for like 5 months. But I really dont have slip.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:21 PM
10 Second Club

actuallythey have i spoke to them a few weeks ago, and there is a member here named bradm or something that they did the prototype kit on. he sent me pics. looked cool
Old 01-19-2007, 10:51 PM
Coal Mining Director

PAXTON for the win!
Old 01-21-2007, 06:12 PM
10 Second Club

If I had my setup to do over I would probally go with Procharger. Just becasue of there ads "Kind of like bringing a Bazooka to a knife fight" That's funny **** lol
Old 01-21-2007, 07:28 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by andereck
Yes I have a strong opinion and I'll share it with you! But duh! ProCharger for the win!

You can make reliable crazy power with both brands, that's not disputed by either side and if it is somebody's not being objective.

Self contained ProChargers run cooler than a oil-fed blower on either side. This is proven. Engine oil averages 215-225 after warmup. Self-contained superchargers under duress get up to about 130. Vortech tried to dispute this and then relented and recently patented their own self-contained system recognizing the benifits.

The self contained blower is actually less likely to develop a leak as its not reliant on gravity drainback and crankcase pressure has no effect.

The ProCharger F series blowers have a patented compound bearing assembly that allows them to run at very high impeller speeds reliably and maintain stability. These blowers also feature a low step-up ratio that allows you to acheive these speeds without resorting to extremely small pulleys that are more prone to belt slip.

Both brands are developed by very thoughtful and talented engineers.

Both brands have been know to catostrophically fail in competition.

Both have won numerous championships, with ProCharger having a slight edge.

Both will support you at the racetrack.

ProCharger takes pride in developing complete systems in-house.

Vortech is has been relying more on tuners lately to bring out new applications and is becoming more of a head unit supplier.

ProCharger will support you on LS1Tech with supportive dealers such as Bob@Exotic Performance Plus and Slowhawk -DezRacing.

Only one has me.

I've ran them all and man i'll tell yeah-that D1SC fills up where the S-the SC, the E and T trim all stand-actually blowing them away. I just got my F1R-and man what can is say-it just looks like it can move the earth sitting still!
Old 01-25-2007, 10:38 AM
TECH Regular

All you need to compare these are some objective performance curves based upon scientific testing and data collection.

Test setup: Designed to limit the number of variables. So decide whether you want to test the systems or just the head unit.

1. Test Setup: Mount the head unit on a test stand which will be belt driven by a variable speed AC motor. This motor must be able spin blower to the maximum operating speeds encountered in normal operation. The blower exhaust will have an adjustable wastegate to hold boost pressures constant.

2. Calibrated Instrumentation: High accuracy thermistors (1 on intake and 2 on exhaust) for temperature measurements. An absolute pressure gauges to monitor boost and inlet pressure. Flow meter in the inlet to monitor flow velocity. AC current meter to determine the power differential supplied to the blowers. Tachometer is also required for impeller speeds.

3. Test procedure: warm blower up then spin blower though full operating speeds for incremental boost pressures determined by wastegate setting.

4. Results: From the sellected data you can determine efficency of each blower based up boost created vs. power consumption of AC motor. Determine adiabatic efficiency (must insulate blower for this data), boost vs. RPM. I won't list every combination that can be produced because the list goes on an on.

This is the only way these can truly be compared and the results will be undisputed.

If its the system (intercoolers, piping, etc.) you want to compare then you'll need to adjust the test stand to best simulate the installed conditions (ie. intercooler airflow, underhood temps, etc.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:55 AM
Teching In

ProCharger's THREE year warranty says it all for me......
Old 01-26-2007, 02:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Three years, with the big pulley, and you have to pay extra i believe?
Old 01-26-2007, 04:44 PM
TECH Resident

Its $49 and you receive 2 cases of oil, 6 6oz bottles so basically you're just paying for your maintenence.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:46 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Question

Originally Posted by clone
a budy bought a lt1 with a vortech. we were doing a little checking to see what he has and its limitations. the guy at vortech said his unit is only good upto 10lb and when i asked about a intercooker he said with 10lb it would be useless. now if you cool the air temp you get more power...so wtf?
Not surprising! Bob
Old 03-02-2007, 07:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't even need to look very hard, or talk to too many people before I made the choice of going with a Procharger instead of a Vortec.

If for some reason I couldn't get a Procharger though, I would say that Vortec would be my next choice. All and all its still a good blower, I just think the Procharger is a little more ahead of the game than the Vortec setup.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CALL911
I didn't even need to look very hard, or talk to too many people before I made the choice of going with a Procharger instead of a Vortec.

If for some reason I couldn't get a Procharger though, I would say that Vortec would be my next choice. All and all its still a good blower, I just think the Procharger is a little more ahead of the game than the Vortec setup.
I love what I hear on this "tech oriented" forum! Over on the corvetteforum I'm made to feel like the red-headed step-child by going with a Procharger. Over there if you don't have a vortech or a Paxton (which if not purchased and installed by East Coast Supercharging you're made to feel like an idiot over there) your on a lonely island all by yourself. I do notice that the C6 guys on the forum are definitely more Procharger friendly than the C5 bunch. I wont even mention the TT guys over there
Old 03-02-2007, 03:23 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pewtavert
I love what I hear on this "tech oriented" forum! Over on the corvetteforum I'm made to feel like the red-headed step-child by going with a Procharger. Over there if you don't have a vortech or a Paxton (which if not purchased and installed by East Coast Supercharging you're made to feel like an idiot over there) your on a lonely island all by yourself. I do notice that the C6 guys on the forum are definitely more Procharger friendly than the C5 bunch. I wont even mention the TT guys over there

That's why I'm trying very hard to keep my mouth closed-I'm very certain a "old" F1R is going to swallow the TT's and the Novi's. Now if only the damn snow would go away-we got another snow storm yesterday!
Old 03-02-2007, 06:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Pewtavert
Welcome to the forum that won't bash you for your choice (especially when you made the right one)
Old 03-02-2007, 06:21 PM
TECH Addict

BTW, I currently have a good friend whos C5 will be the first to have the APS TT setup on it (installed by east coast supercharging). His Vette and my Z will be lining up this Spring. We both expect my D1SC to out perform his APS TT setup (as I will have a good 100 or so to the wheels more than him)
Old 03-02-2007, 06:26 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Vortech
That's why I'm trying very hard to keep my mouth closed-I'm very certain a "old" F1R is going to swallow the TT's and the Novi's. Now if only the damn snow would go away-we got another snow storm yesterday!
I still didnt even get near what I could out of the F1A with a 347 so yours is going to be pretty crazy with an F1R if you can hook it up lol.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:57 PM
10 Second Club

man you see vortech's big monster blowers? they support 2500 hp!

that f1 on the vette is going to be disgusting fast.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:02 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by blown454ss

Here is a couple pics of my ysi on mine with a cog set up. I did this bullshit myself. Not all done yet but should do alright for power.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h7...m/IMG_0909.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h7...m/IMG_0911.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h7...m/IMG_0905.jpg

Quick Reply: Who makes a better blower head unit, vortech or procharger?