Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Twin T-70 camaro dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 01:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was loookin for 800 horses mines a ls2
i think kenne bell is pretty reputable ...don't people use the boost a pump, blowers etc??
oh never mind its a "cheap box" don't touch it

cheap huh?? ill have you know that for that amount i could feed all the starving kids in Africa .....thats a first (someone knocking something affordable)
would u be happier if it was 500 bucks??

im not here to say it'll will work for you i just threw it out ther... it DID for me on other applications

do what ever you want hell i dont even care if you hook it up to your lawn mower or your PC so you can boost its processor output ...then you'll be able to post twice as fast
Old 02-04-2007, 01:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

nice #'s so far.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:36 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by abbaskhan
i was loookin for 800 horses mines a ls2
i think kenne bell is pretty reputable ...don't people use the boost a pump, blowers etc??
oh never mind its a "cheap box" don't touch it

cheap huh?? ill have you know that for that amount i could feed all the starving kids in Africa .....thats a first (someone knocking something affordable)
would u be happier if it was 500 bucks??

im not here to say it'll will work for you i just threw it out ther... it DID for me on other applications

do what ever you want hell i dont even care if you hook it up to your lawn mower or your PC so you can boost its processor output ...then you'll be able to post twice as fast

who was this post directed to? cause it doesnt make much sense...lol...i wasnt aware anyone was knocking andthing affordable, hell, i love cheap stuff, thats why i went the megasquirt route.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:20 PM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by abbaskhan
why would you need it on the 07 Vette ?

And does the Boost a spark have 8 channels to which it can fire all 8 seperate coils, each of which already has a built in ignitor ?

I may be wrong, but I'll be very very very surprised if one can be used with LS1 style coils.

Although it may work for the coils Will is using, as obviously the MS cant handle them.

my supra had individual coil i was instructed to find the primary wire that goes to the coils and connect the boost a spark to it ...it increased voltage to coils simple....
why would i need it??? doesnt voltage generally drop or fluctuate as rpms climb it did when we measured my supras voltage and my vipers

i think it might help, matter of fact on a turbo viper ,before AEMS came out, we had trouble with spark blow out it helped. granted it was a different ignition set up but hey

it stands to reason it would help on most turbo applications (maybe not alot but hey its laying around and its worth a try)

http://www.kennebell.net/accessories...oostaspark.htm

from website: recommended for high cylinder pressure (turbocharged, supercharged, nitrous). The ignition system market has changed. The new domestic and import engines no longer use a distributor with one coil. Instead, there are multiple coils - one (1) for each cylinder. Some engines even have a coil mounted on the individual spark plugs. CD ignitions use the high voltage "short spark" principle whereas the BOOST-A-SPARK™ incorporates the preferred higher energy "long spark" (2500 microseconds vs. 200 for CD's.

its used on multiple coil application and its fairly cheap!!!
so does any one know what wire i need to tap into????????

good luck with the project hope it comes along and you work the kinks out it made great power

First off, an LSx is not a Supra.

LSx coils have built in ignitors, so I think you will find it difficult to fire them with another ignitor ( or amplifier, whichever term you are happier with )
They are not like conventional coils, which receive 12 v, and fire on an earth/ground trigger.

Im not familiar with a Supra, but I know most other Toyotas use conventional coils, with an external amplifier. The MSD, KB or whatever takes the place of the amplifier.
In the case of an LSx coil, that simply isnt possible.

The stock coils are also proven to well in excess of 1000bhp, many times over..

So, if its cheap ignition power you want.....the stock coils will do everything you need them to do, and not cost you a cent.

As for the Viper... A friend as a 900rwhp Novi 2000 Viper, with an AEM computer. He's having no trouble with his stock coils...

Every case is different though, but with LS1's the stock coils are very high powered.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:30 PM
Launching!

dont mean to step on ne toes just sayin it might be a possiblity i dont know if it'll work thats why im asking?????
just had a box laying around thought it might be possibility on a ls2/ls1

i am familar with supras (and the supra isnt like most toyotas motorwise) i ownd 6 it worked on them period!

as for vipers i have had 3 (one supercharged a turbo and a nitrous car) and we used a piggy back computer (vec 2) pre AEM and if you know vec 2's they are borderline at best...they gave alot of trouble in the ignition area it was one of the few things we tried

mikee 8506037989584.....
it wasnt directed at you per say just threw a idea out ther sensed a little sarcasm so i thougt id reciprocate hope i didnt offend or confuse too much

stevieturbo
thanks for the input the fact that someone told me the coils are powerful enough on my application meant i got what i needed from this forum a intelligent retort...sometimes the ?'s are good and sometimes they are bad

by the way the current project viper has a 106mm single turbo!!! and the funny thing is i started on a honda that i turbo'ed in 92 i believe it was the first one in texas so ive had my fair share on "researching" on wat will get the job done
back then i ran a 13.6 in a honda i thought i was flying
gotta go watch the game bye!

Last edited by abbaskhan; 02-04-2007 at 06:59 PM. Reason: forgot a smiley face

Quick Reply: Twin T-70 camaro dyno results