Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Front mount set up needs ideas

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 07:01 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front mount set up needs ideas

Okay after listening to a few guys like KP and Delta T, thanks guys I did some pressure testing and found that not only were you both right and yes i can admit when im wrong haha. I found that the one i had gotten was way more restrictive, but was cooling the charge better. K well i went out to a friend of mine that does alot of turbo and charged stangs and to my surprise not only did he have a brand new intercooler in stock but it was the exact same one that EPP uses on their kit. I grabbed it for a good price and then went to work and installed it and not only did my IATs go down further but my boost went up almost 3 psi. I do like having the Tial BOV its working good but I dont want to hurt the blower is it true that running the BOV Im hurting this???? Heres some pics got to love the mean look of a front mount
Attached Thumbnails Front mount set up needs ideas-pic022007_2.jpg   Front mount set up needs ideas-pic022007_5.jpg   Front mount set up needs ideas-pic022007_8.jpg  
Old 02-21-2007, 07:08 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont think the BOV is hurting as much as it is annoying, if you can make it stay open all the way at idle (like a bypass) it should be fine. The pressure from the boost on the diaphram should keep it shut under boost..

The other setup looked pretty good though, shame it didnt work. I'm not a huge fan of the FMIC look but I dont want to be bothered with ice at the track so laziness sometimes overcomes aesthetics
Old 02-21-2007, 08:14 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by kp
I dont think the BOV is hurting as much as it is annoying, if you can make it stay open all the way at idle (like a bypass) it should be fine. The pressure from the boost on the diaphram should keep it shut under boost..

The other setup looked pretty good though, shame it didnt work. I'm not a huge fan of the FMIC look but I dont want to be bothered with ice at the track so laziness sometimes overcomes aesthetics
I got it to stay open at idle no prob and the other setup did look pretty good but I think the fmic look is pretty mean haha but kinda defeats the steath look haha.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I thought you only lost 0.5 psi with the other set up where the IC was flat?
Old 02-21-2007, 09:03 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by No Juice
I thought you only lost 0.5 psi with the other set up where the IC was flat?
No I thought it was only that much but found out my boost gauge was bad after I changed it I had lost more. found this out by making a run and scanning and read my KPA on hptuners and it was quite a bit lower from my previous scans.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:56 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm glad to see you got it all worked out. Bob