Old 03-04-2007, 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the tests, answered alot of peoples questions
Old 03-04-2007, 10:09 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I expected the victor results but I have no idea what will happen with the intercoolers - looking forward to the results of that one

BTW individual cylinder fuel control is only on BS3, DFI, FAST etc..
Old 03-04-2007, 10:24 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,143 Likes on 743 Posts

Sean, so what did it make best with the LS6, and what did it make with the single plane?

Are you saying you had to pull fuel to make the same number, at the same boost?
Old 03-05-2007, 12:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

this is very interesting, i've always thought that the victor was the best because it distributed the ait evenly to all cylinders
Old 03-05-2007, 10:19 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by lbz34
I did not expect to gain power with the intake. On the flip side I did not expect to lose that much power either. lol

I need to skim through the Hp tuners and see if it even has individual cylinder control. I imagine it does.

I guess i will be fine tuning the other cylinders by spark plugs. on the ls6 i was at a nice flat 12.0 a/f and with the exact same tune it was 10.xx on the vic jr. I had to pull about 15% fuel out of it to get it back to 12.0. The car made high 600 with just the intake swap and no retune. I still have that big dip at 5600 no idea what that is yet. 175lb seat pressure on a MS3 size cam not figuring it is valve float. possibly a spark issue. Have not had much time on the dyno yet.

Next week i will be testing the XSpower 12x24x4 ebay intercooler (what is on the car now) vs a precision 24x12.5x5 core. The ebay cooler didn't do too bad. started off about 5x degrees and ended up about 8x if i remember correctly. I will post definitive results as soon we build the end tanks for the precision piece.
there was a guy that posted results on a n/a 408 motor, the motor lost power. about 20 hp.

supposedly you have to change the cam to a lower lsa.

doubt its a spark issue. the manifold doesnt work. sometimes people refuse to believe the results even when they are in black and white right in front of you.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:55 AM
TECH Regular

I did have to pull fuel to bring the a/f back to 12.0 on the vic jr. The boost was 10 psi on both manifolds. I need to look and see if the boost came up later on the vic jr but the peak boost was the same.

If you look at 5700 rpm both intakes drop power. Not a vic jr/ls6 problem I do not think. Either way it is done and staying on the car for a few more pulls on more boost. I imagine the distribution will be better on the nitrous, which is why the swap was done in the first place. I like to test the changes I make on the dyno, before I go hit the track.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:03 PM
10 Second Club

maybe yea if you look at your datalogs it will clue you in as to what's going on.

you probably have to lean out cause the airflow is real slow till it gets going up top.

it would be interesting if you get it figured out. hope you do.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Sean, so what did it make best with the LS6, and what did it make with the single plane?

Are you saying you had to pull fuel to make the same number, at the same boost?

im with him on that.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:41 PM
TECH Addict

interesting...

I have a question. On their site, they show two different manifolds. The victor Jr. and a Super victor. Anyone know if there has been any comparisons with the super victor? I believe it has longer runners.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:17 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont think the super victor is out yet.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:29 PM
TECH Addict

its on their catalog online, tried calling but was on hold for a long time...
Old 03-05-2007, 05:23 PM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

Results dont sound too far off what I seen when I swapped..

Although below approx 3500rpm, I did have to add fuel. This may have been a function of the larger TB though, rather than the intake itself.
But generally, not much changed, and if anything I seen an increase in boost, albeit a very very small one.

I'd also say that idle, and throttle response seems better with the Victor Jnr...Although I guess if you were a auto, throttle response wouldnt be such an issue ??

Despite not seeing any real gains, I'll stick with it, as I did it primarily for looks. Although if I thought it was really hurting performance, I would swap back. I think there is little odds in it though.

Are you still running an airflowmeter on the car ? Its readings would be interesting. It may show if the engine is actually consuming more air.

It would be nice to see some of the big racers, use the stock LS6 intake and do some real back to back testing. Almost all of them go straight for a carb intake.

then of course there is the sheet metal intakes.....are they any better ??

Quick Reply: Victor Jr. is on along with the gemini twin plate