Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Gen-TT Twin Turbo Fbody 800rwhp system $4995 including free delivery

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 11:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
Now you have my attention on this kit. How much is it and what is the max rwhp on this kit with a 347. And how would this kit perform on my ls2 402 /AFR 255 72 CC heads with low compression? Will the turbo on this kit handle 900 + ?
Use algebra and the "how much power will i make if im running Xpsi or increase it xpsi?" paragraph, estimate how much N/A power you think you'll make on your low CR engine based on others' experiences, find the appropriate compressor map, and please stop asking questions that you have already had answered in another thread. I don't think the comparable T3 housing from APS is going to be that different from the one here. The only question you should be asking is how much exhaust your suppsed 402 will be expelling.
IF you find that two T3s won't suffice, THEN ask if there are upgrades.

Thank you.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mike 01WS6
60lbs/min man. Do the math, thats 1200hp.
THANK YOU.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:27 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i second the question about the turbos hanging low...scrapeing downpipes on speedbumps is one thing...but turbos? ouch

maybe its just an illusion? there really higher?
Old 03-14-2007, 11:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

looking good. what brand and make are those turbos.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:55 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by gi8e7oi825
Use algebra and the "how much power will i make if im running Xpsi or increase it xpsi?" paragraph, estimate how much N/A power you think you'll make on your low CR engine based on others' experiences, find the appropriate compressor map, and please stop asking questions that you have already had answered in another thread. I don't think the comparable T3 housing from APS is going to be that different from the one here. The only question you should be asking is how much exhaust your suppsed 402 will be expelling.
IF you find that two T3s won't suffice, THEN ask if there are upgrades.

Thank you.
If I wanted a smartass comment from you I would ask for it. Its there kit. If math worked perfect every turbo car would make what it is suppost to make. I can ask any question I want to ask on this forum. Am I some turbo expert here? No! Two different kits and manufacturers. Ill spend my $ where I want to. Persons have questions and these guys should know the answers. As a paying customer Im paying them for the math. And its my right to ask what upgrades they have. If you dont like it live with it. You guys act like Im a turbo kit expert. I am not and Im the guy in class thats not afraid to ask questions.

Thank you.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

hey lets keep it down, dont want to have to prune this thread.
-MOD

with all diferent combinations only an estimate of how much HP a turbo can produce is about the closest figure you get unless you finish it then take it on the track or dyno it.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:12 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by smokinHawk
hey lets keep it down, dont want to have to prune this thread.
-MOD

with all diferent combinations only an estimate of how much HP a turbo can produce is about the closest figure you get unless you finish it then take it on the track or dyno it.
This is why I was asking. I have a dynojet and I always go to the track. Im just trying to get a est that way I dont expect too much. Like I have stated before I am NOT a turbo expert AT all. Sorry if I went off the deep end but I felt it is my right on this site to ask these questions.

Joe M
Old 03-14-2007, 12:17 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike 01WS6
60lbs/min man. Do the math, thats 1200hp.
Thanks man. Not and expert but I want to know what to build the block to hold. And I was just getting a est number.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:51 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

This will need the use of a scavenge pump correct?

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 03-14-2007, 03:17 PM
FormerVendor

Correct, this is a scavenge pump system
The placement may be a bit of an optical illusion as although the turbochargers are indeed low, they are not the lowest part of the driveline, and will have adequate bump protection in practice.
Regardless of dyno numbers....this turbo selection should be able to trap 150+mph without pushing the boost numbers too hard. I think if we keep comparisons to mph then we will be fine
Old 03-14-2007, 03:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by smokinHawk
looking good. what brand and make are those turbos.
you said they are T3's but what type?
Old 03-14-2007, 03:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

More Pics!!!
Old 03-14-2007, 03:51 PM
FormerVendor

Hey guys we use our own bespoke KKR range of turbochargers which we have specifically manufactured for us using German machines (Schenk balancers etc) These have proven to be VERY reliable in service on the GTO series of cars, so the quality is there
Here is a pic of the Camaro turbocharger on the left versus the conventional GTO turbocharger on the right (with 2 of these smaller turbos the GTO will touch 600rwhp)

For the tech heads here are some of the turbo specs with comparisons so you can make your own judgements
------------------------------------------------------
T3 exhaust flange
Water / Oil-cooled core
Large turbine housing (0.9 AR)
Approx 550hp at wheels per turbos

Compressor side (similar sizing to smallest HKS GT3037)
Compressor inlet pipe 70mm
Compressor outlet pipe 50mm
Compressor wheel inner diameter 53mm
Compressor wheel outer diameter 76.5mm
12 blades, six 22mm high, six 16mm high

Turbine side
25mm flap-type internal wastegate
71/79mm V-band flange (inner outlet diameter 63.5mm)
Turbine wheel inner diameter 56mm (similar to HKS 3037)
Turbine wheel outer diameter 73mm (similar to HKS T04R)
10 blades, 28.5mm high at tips

Hope that helps
Old 03-14-2007, 04:23 PM
Launching!

Any plans to come out with a camaro kit with the turbos up high out front like on the GTO kits? I really like the 'WOW' factor of having twins right there in your face when you pop the hood.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:59 PM
Teching In

Hi there guys, its Gareth here, Im leading the fabrication for the Fbody project while Martin does the design and component specification. The brief we were given in engineering was a simple one that requires the stock rad, air con, abs to be retained, and to do that we had to low mount the turbochargers

Now we didnt want to go too small on the Fbody turbos either, hence we wont try and stuff them up around the starter motor and severely limit the power the system will produce.....all the while promising you something else. Instead we will hang them low, scavenge the oil and ensure that there are no excuses with big power productive turbochargers being used to get the best from even the biggest cube engines

The same choice with our manifolding. Rather than cut corners here we have used the very latest generation GM manifolding that you guys probably havent seen yet on production cars in the states. It has two advantages over some of the aftermarket cast products, the first is proper design around the spark plug to ensure no burned leads (all too common on some offerings). The other is superior metallurgy to straight cast ductile iron. These factory 07 manifolds will outlast anything aftermarket, and from what we have seen so far outflow them too

Gareth
Gen-TT Engineering
Old 03-14-2007, 07:12 PM
Staging Lane

subscribed! been waiting for this kit for a long time now, can't wait to see how successful it is and the numbers it will produce! carry on boys, carry on
Old 03-14-2007, 07:17 PM

I think the ground clearence is going to be the biggest problem with your setup.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:25 PM
Teching In

As long as the rest of the driveline is higher than the turbos....its no problem
Old 03-14-2007, 07:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How close are the turbos to the transmission? I know some folks would like to run the 4L80E trans which is bigger physically than the 4L60E. You might keep that in mind when mounting the turbos..
Old 03-14-2007, 08:06 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have a measurement of how much lower the lowest part of the turbos are in relation to the bottom of the oil pan?

Quick Reply: Gen-TT Twin Turbo Fbody 800rwhp system $4995 including free delivery