Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Superman09's Twin Turbo Build Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 07:28 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

yea, well i think my car will get harmed more on the trailer. Its lowered and i am almost positive it would get all Effed up getting on and off a trailer. I am sure the car will be fine just babying it. Literally from where the car is now, it is 1 mile from the expressway, then i stay on the expressway all the way there and its just off. On the expressway it will be in 4th, ill cruise at 60-65 and it will be well under 2k, should see zero boost.

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 03-25-2007, 08:06 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Exhaust is done, car is back on ground, and i drove it for a few miles last night! W0000T! Felt so good to drive it around. Still untuned but babying it still felt sweet, haha. Need to switch the oil lines back from the clear vinyl (Used it to watch the drain), and figure out a fan issue. The fans arent turning on for some reason. I also have a manual fan switch and thats not working either so either i knocked a ground off for the fans somewhere, or maybe a relays bad, unsure. When checking, i touched the relay with a ground and the fans turned on so i don't know what that means, haha. My exhaust is pretty low with the dumps, but it nothing i can't deal with. Just have to angle going up driveway hills and avoid the terribly crappy roads, probably about like guys with longtubes. I drove it with the cutouts closed and it threw the borla catback, and it sounded good and cruising at 1-1.5k you can hear the turbos spinning (not making any boost) so thats kind of cool! I didnt get anything above 10" of vacuum on my cruise, and i got it up to 60 mph on one road and it was still way into vacuum with low RPMs so it should be fine driving down to W2W for the tune! Going down this week. Here are some pics of the car on the ground! The intercooler is visible if you crouch down real low (For the pics where you can see it i was on my butt taking pics, haha) or stand really far away. It should get some air where it is from underneath, air has to go down there, but it's probably not the most efficient place. However it is allowing me to keep fog lights and license plate cover. I also have meth so that will aid in even more cooling, but if for some reason the IC doesnt get too great of air flow where it is, i plan on cutting out the filler plate so it can get some better air, first im going to see how it does!

Old 03-25-2007, 11:50 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Way to power through all the challenges and stick with the build. You have a awesome car there. W2W should have you making some big numbers in no time. Keep up the great work.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:18 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

thanks man, really appreciate it! Big thanks go to Frank for helping so much with the build.

Old 03-25-2007, 12:24 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Car looks sweet man! Congrats! Can't wait to see what the big dogs tune her to!
Old 03-26-2007, 11:46 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

thanks, me too, its going down this week, need to figure out best day. I just used a ton of commas, haha oh well

Old 03-26-2007, 12:01 PM
TECH Addict

dude, where all the snow go?!

man, your almot there!! Car looks as clean as new, sounds like you have a bad ground with the fans switch. But, cars looks great and you must be doped to have it almost ready..

congrates playa!! dont hurry now, just take your time and gbet her running 100%, then you car rest easy.

laterZ!
Old 03-26-2007, 06:50 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Snows all melted! W0000T! It was actually almost 80* here today! Was amazing, now i just need to get the car down to W2W

Old 03-26-2007, 07:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Superman09
Snows all melted! W0000T! It was actually almost 80* here today! Was amazing, now i just need to get the car down to W2W
car looks good bro...this weather is so damn nice! i'm pissed my car isn't done yet...but the K-member did go in today

can't wait to see what she makes
Old 03-26-2007, 07:48 PM
10 Second Club

yea, well i think my car will get harmed more on the trailer. Its lowered and i am almost positive it would get all Effed up getting on and off a trailer.

i put a dent in my charge pipe because of the crappy uhaul trailer! just be careful driving it!! looks badass!!
Old 03-26-2007, 11:56 PM
TECH Addict

man, when i took the vert up to MI, i rented a uhaul trailer and to get my slammed vert on that thing was like buying a new 600rr and dropping it before leaving the dealer.

I swear i will never rent another on or those. IT has these inner track ridges that extend so high up that even a non lowered car woul scrap. Seriously, after, im saving for a nice enclosed trailer i keep seeing in the bargain trader.

your almost there dude, almost 80?! HA, we thats chilly weather to use floridians!!
Old 03-27-2007, 05:32 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

lol yea. a trailer would definitely destroy my car. From the pictures you can see how low it is and i just had my front bumper freshly painted. I'll be driving it down this week on stock tune + stock injectors staying out of boost. Thanks for the nice words guys!

Old 03-27-2007, 09:33 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,745 Likes on 1,303 Posts

QUOTE=Superman09 The fans arent turning on for some reason. I also have a manual fan switch and thats not working either so either i knocked a ground off for the fans somewhere, or maybe a relays bad, unsure. When checking, i touched the relay with a ground and the fans turned on so i don't know what that means, haha.

the body of the relay has to be grounded to the chassis,at least every relay ive seen,thats why when u touch the relay to a ground they turn on.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:07 AM
TECH Addict

right, sounds like maybe the ground, is not "connected" or bolted down, isn't making a secure contact and not groundin.. try cleaning off the metal a bit and see what happens. Could also be the actual wire that is damaged, cliped somewhere...

you got injectors hanginrg around right? IF you swapped those injectors now, wouldnt that give a bit more headroom so you wont be out of fuel , just incase anything might happen? OR would they not even run properly and screw up your idle?
Old 03-27-2007, 10:56 AM
12 Second Club

they would totally jack up his idle...cause the computer would not see that it has 60#'s and not 28#'s so it would be spraying accoring to a % and it would be A LOT of fuel
Old 03-27-2007, 12:39 PM
9 Second Club

i couldn't tell from the pics, but did you remove the air dam under the radiator?
i've only got the foglight holes supplying air to my IC and while i'm driving around i'm seeing 80-90 degree inlet temps. at the track, i've seen 120 degree inlet temps while hot lapping, so your placement should work well.
if you ever need to get your car on a trailer, you can buy some cheap fiberglass ramps from walmart. with the trailer connected, back onto the ramps w/ the back tires of the truck. this should give you enough angle to get on the trailer. if not, jack the tongue of the trailer up a little. worked for me when i had a 2" lowering kit on mine.
just a little FYI
Old 03-27-2007, 01:21 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

ok thanks, throwing the injectors in without a tune would be BAD! It would probably for sure wash out my cylinder walls and make my engine trash. If i threw them in, they'd need to be tuned for it. So i plan on running stock tune+ stock injectors and just not boost it. Going to figure out the fans tonight and get everything wrapped up and test it again. I called to set up Thursday today but Rich wasnt available so he should be calling back when he has a chance. Shooting for Thursday to take it down.

Air dam in gone, we'l lsee how the IC does where it is placed, i also have meth so that as well should keep my IATs pretty low and help prevent detonation!

Old 03-27-2007, 01:28 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ok thanks, throwing the injectors in without a tune would be BAD! It would probably for sure wash out my cylinder walls and make my engine trash. If i threw them in, they'd need to be tuned for it. So i plan on running stock tune+ stock injectors and just not boost it. Going to figure out the fans tonight and get everything wrapped up and test it again. I called to set up Thursday today but Rich wasnt available so he should be calling back when he has a chance. Shooting for Thursday to take it down.

Air dam in gone, we'l lsee how the IC does where it is placed, i also have meth so that as well should keep my IATs pretty low and help prevent detonation!
Air damn gone? You will probably see higher engine temps now.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:40 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

yea we'll see, my fans should hold it off. If it becomes a problem, i will address it but i think it should be fine. Actually Frank runs his h/c car without the air dam and his temps are just fine, shouldnt be too bad. Thanks for the insight however, i will keep it monitored!

Old 03-27-2007, 02:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ninetres
Air damn gone? You will probably see higher engine temps now.

yea we'll see, my fans should hold it off. If it becomes a problem, i will address it but i think it should be fine. Actually Frank runs his h/c car without the air dam and his temps are just fine, shouldnt be too bad. Thanks for the insight however, i will keep it monitored!

Better just to put it back on man...... u wouldnt think it would help that much even at slow speeds but it cools the Rad. almost as much as the fan.... serious..... a H/C car and a Turbo car and like comparing apples and oranges man...

Quick Reply: Superman09's Twin Turbo Build Thread Part 2